• Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
If you do thorough testing of multiple builds and can reproduce it reliably it may be worthwhile making an issue on the repository.
It stutters then it clears it self. I don't know if a short stutter is worthwhile to make a issue in repository.

I talked about this a few months back on the ban wave forum, so its been a problems since B9S first came out and all Luma versions following it.
Im guessing no one notices. If they have L2 enabled the whole time and never played with it disabled then Im guessing they wouldn't recognize that the short stutter is a problem, and would think that its a part of the game.

I've only noticed this on ocarina of time. I don't know if other games do this. It would require people to play the whole games with it enabled and with it disabled to notice that there is short stutters.

Last edited by SG854,

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there are lots of threads with these question (plus 3ds.guide) , but just want to be sure:

Whats the best, most reliable, 100% success, flashcard for ntrboot? From what i know ntrboot works for every firmware to date, right? So i want to get one if any of my friends/other people want to modify their console.

Where would it be a good website to get it? (Shipping to Miami)
When using NTRBootHax flasher, it will say it is not recoverable, but it is. (Make sure to actually pick R4i Gold Class) Make a backup of the card's flash so you don't have to search through and download the torrents of the three hardware revisions.

Reactions: alexj9626

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Been gone almost a year from playing my 3ds and came back to it banned. Was looking for a new friend code and came across this website but i cant seem to get a download to start.

Anyone know how to get it to work or perhaps know where else I could get an unbanned LocalFriendcodeSeed_B?
You need to google those. They are copyright material and cannot be linked to here. Your also best to remove of that link as its against tos here.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
@Lilith Valentine Aren't you a cfw tester? Do you have a copy of Ocarina of Time 3D?

I found stuttering in the game with Luma clock speed and l2 enabled. It only stutters for a short period then goes away when 3D is turn on. It doesn't do this 3D off and clock and l2 enabled. With l2 turned off and Clock speed only enabled its also fine non stuttering.

Its recreatable everytime by doing this.
Enable clock and l2. In Kokiri forest go up the slope where the know it all brothers house is at, walk up the slope towards the direction of your house, then you'll see stuttering. Now try it again but with 3d turned off going up the slope, no stuttering. Also try it with clock and l2 disabled in luma, It doesn't do this with clock speed and L2 turned off either. So its definitely not a problem with the game, but a problem with luma.

This also happens when you exit kokiri onto hyrule where the owl first talks to you, stuttering happens.

Maybe other people can try this on their 3ds to see if this is a problem with luma. I've only tried this in the first part of the game, so there might be more places that stutter that I'm not aware of. Other games might be affected too but people probably haven't noticed. Its been an on going problem that I first noticed when b9s first came out, and all the luma versions the came after it. I tried it with every new at the time luma release and the same problem with every version.

Last edited by SG854,

badboi789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so you currently have al9h so what you should do first is update your cfw /REDACTEDTOSEEIFICANFINALLYPOST/ (we can remove any troublesome apps after)
Alright, I know this is a week later, but I finally did it. What are the troublesome apps you're talking about? Here's what my SD card looks like: (I just now finished doing the install, the /cias/ and /boot9strap/ folders were deleted, if I need to create them again, tell me. plz)
2017-11-01.png

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Lilith Valentine Aren't you a cfw tester? Do you have a copy of Ocarina of Time 3D?

I found stuttering in the game with Luma clock speed and l2 enabled. It only stutters for a short period then goes away when 3D is turn on. It doesn't do this 3D off and clock and l2 enabled. With l2 turned off and Clock speed only enabled its also fine non stuttering.

Its recreatable everytime by doing this.
Enable clock and l2. In Kokiri forest go up the slope where the know it all brothers house is at, walk up the slope towards the direction of your house, then you'll see stuttering. Now try it again but with 3d turned off going up the slope, no stuttering. Also try it with clock and l2 disabled in luma, It doesn't do this with clock speed and L2 turned off either. So its definitely not a problem with the game, but a problem with luma.

This also happens when you exit kokiri onto hyrule where the owl first talks to you, stuttering happens.

Maybe other people can try this on their 3ds to see if this is a problem with luma. I've only tried this in the first part of the game, so there might be more places that stutter that I'm not aware of. Other games might be affected too but people probably haven't noticed. Its been an on going problem that I first noticed when b9s first came out, and all the luma versions the came after it. I tried it with every new at the time luma release and the same problem with every version.
Both statements are indeed true. I am a CFW tester and I have copy of that game.
I have read this to be an issue when messing with clock speeds, but I will have to play until that point in the game to test it myself. Regardless I have heard of this being an issue.
There are actually several games that are effected by the higher clock speed and isn't actually an issue with Luma3DS itself. It's basically an issue related to the game(s) themselves and how they adapt to the higher clock speed.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Both statements are indeed true. I am a CFW tester and I have copy of that game.
I have read this to be an issue when messing with clock speeds, but I will have to play until that point in the game to test it myself. Regardless I have heard of this being an issue.
There are actually several games that are effected by the higher clock speed and isn't actually an issue with Luma3DS itself. It's basically an issue related to the game(s) themselves and how they adapt to the higher clock speed.
It seems more of a problem with l2 then clock speed for ocarina. Its at the very beginning of a new game, just watch the intro cutscene and then you can test it out right away. To try the owl spot, though, you're going to need to beat gohma to exit kokiri. If you already have a save thats past that part then its all testable right away.

If have another question about rie-six. Whats the difference between that and luma. Im guessing rei is just a simple version of luma, without all the extra features?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It seems more of a problem with l2 then clock speed for ocarina. Its at the very beginning of a new game, just watch the intro cutscene and then you can test it out right away. To try the owl spot, though, you're going to need to beat gohma to exit kokiri. If you already have a save thats past that part then its all testable right away.

If have another question about rie-six. Whats the difference between that and luma. Im guessing rei is just a simple version of luma, without all the extra features?
I will have to test this to see the full effects. I do know several older games do have this issue as they weren't made for the higher clock speed. It's less so an issue with the CFW itself and more so an issue with the platform the game was designed on.

Rei-Six is actually a continuation of the ReiNAND project and backports several of the patches from Luma3DS to work on an updated version of ReiNAND. It's basically ReiNAND modernized by Luma patches. It is not a simple version of Luma3DS as it only ported patches from Luma3DS to an already existing CFW.
The major differences is that Rei-Six is made for extreme minimalist who prefer a completely transparent CFW. Compared Luma3DS, which is made to combination a wider audience and provide a wider range of tools for that purpose.
Basically Rei-Six is just made for those who want basic patches and nothing more. Luma3DS is made for someone who wants a CFW with all the bells and whistles.

Last edited by The Catboy,

CubeLer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good morning,
i have a little Question about Luma and Miscellaneous.
Can i switch more that one title?
I will switch HBC,FBI and TWL Loader.

Works this?

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I will have to test this to see the full effects. I do know several older games do have this issue as they weren't made for the higher clock speed. It's less so an issue with the CFW itself and more so an issue with the platform the game was designed on.

Rei-Six is actually a continuation of the ReiNAND project and backports several of the patches from Luma3DS to work on an updated version of ReiNAND. It's basically ReiNAND modernized by Luma patches. It is not a simple version of Luma3DS as it only ported patches from Luma3DS to an already existing CFW.
The major differences is that Rei-Six is made for extreme minimalist who prefer a completely transparent CFW. Compared Luma3DS, which is made to combination a wider audience and provide a wider range of tools for that purpose.
Basically Rei-Six is just made for those who want basic patches and nothing more. Luma3DS is made for someone who wants a CFW with all the bells and whistles.
Any Idea why stuttering happens only when 3D is turned on? When 3D is turned off everything runs fine with clock l2. Is it really the game and not luma? Unless there might be some extra stuff going on with 3D processing. Try it out with 3D off and on. And with different clock and l2 speed settings enabled also with 3D off and on. The stutter is very easily recreatable.

whykimi

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm trying to remove ntrboot from my flashcart (R4i GOLD 3DS RTS) by following 3ds.guide.

The issue is that I have tried all 3 Hardware Revision (5,6,7) Flashrom for R4i Gold 3DS RTS but non seems to be working.
What am I missing? Once I flashed with each of the flashrom, the icon for the flashcart still appear on the main menu, it just went to a blank dark screen once I clicked the icon.

Attached here is the actual image of my flashcart.
IMG_4199.JPG
IMG_4200.JPG

Which version of flashrom should I try to flash again?
o3ds here, 11.6 with Luma.

rtur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

I got Luma3DS installed on my 3DS, everything is working fine. Is it safe to update the console to 11.6.0-39 or will it break things?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_