• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant believe they removed that note from the guide (actually i can as they assume people already have and understand how an r4 works in the piracy world . . . but its still stupid) but you must be able to boot the flashcard and that means it needs its firmware in the case of the r4i that firmware is called wood . . . go to the website on your r4i's sticker to find the wood firmware, download and unzip it to the flashcards sd root
It wasn't removed, it's just that it's only on the "Flashing NTRBoot (3DS Single System)" page and none of the others for some reason.....

Reactions: wormdood

lurchzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have managed to install CFW on my 3ds using a r4i Gold flashcart and everything is working good.

How do i play .3ds game files from the flashcart? The card only seems to read.nds files.

Thanks

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have managed to install CFW on my 3ds using a r4i Gold flashcart and everything is working good.

How do i play .3ds game files from the flashcart? The card only seems to read.nds files.

Thanks
You can't play .3ds games from the cart. You should install freeshop following the instructions in the first post of this thread. Alternatively you can download .cia games or convert the .3ds games to .cia with godmode9 and install them with FBI.

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently posted a question and received good responses basically saying to install B9S. I have some follow up questions.

My original question:

“Need advice on selling unwanted 2DS:

I bought a 2DS last year and did that whole downgrading to 9.2thing and then emuNAND(forgive me if it doesn’t make sense). I had some games on there. It’s been well over 6 months, I haven’t played any games online in fear of getting banned. Also I live in Asia now and don’t have time to play it so I want to sell it.

Question: What’s the best way to go about selling it, and how much would you value it at? It’s in excellent condition and has games. Would you delete all the games and just sell it as regular 2DS or advertise it as emuNAND 9.2? Worried that the next person would try to update it and it won’t work or something... btw I don’t have the original firmware file as I accidentally deleted it ages ago.

Just trying to sell it the easiest way possible without the buyer having any issues down the road. Alternatively are there any safer methods than emuNANd these days?”

I was told to install B9S. My new questions:
1) I’m moving away from Asia soon and don’t have too much time to reinstall cia files. How long does the B9S process take?

2) Would I need to reinstall all the cia files(which I do not have), or is there a way to copy?

3) if I just delete all cia files sell the system with EmuNAND still on there, is that an issue? The buyer as long as they use regular cartridges won’t be banned or anything right? Any issues they’ll have updating?

4) How much would you value the system at with a)emuNAND and no B9S/ no game files vs b)B9S installed with several games?

Sorry for such a lengthy question. I’m moving soon from Asia and was weighing if the additional time needed for B9S is worth it, especially if cia files need to be reinstalled...

Thanks all!!!

Last edited by Shadx,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Recently posted a question and received good responses basically saying to install B9S. I have some follow up questions.

My original question:

“Need advice on selling unwanted 2DS:

I bought a 2DS last year and did that whole downgrading to 9.2thing and then emuNAND(forgive me if it doesn’t make sense). I had some games on there. It’s been well over 6 months, I haven’t played any games online in fear of getting banned. Also I live in Asia now and don’t have time to play it so I want to sell it.

Question: What’s the best way to go about selling it, and how much would you value it at? It’s in excellent condition and has games. Would you delete all the games and just sell it as regular 2DS or advertise it as emuNAND 9.2? Worried that the next person would try to update it and it won’t work or something... btw I don’t have the original firmware file as I accidentally deleted it ages ago.

Just trying to sell it the easiest way possible without the buyer having any issues down the road. Alternatively are there any safer methods than emuNANd these days?”

I was told to install B9S. My new questions:
1) I’m moving away from Asia soon and don’t have too much time to reinstall cia files. How long does the B9S process take?

2) Would I need to reinstall all the cia files(which I do not have), or is there a way to copy?

3) if I just delete all cia files sell the system with EmuNAND still on there, is that an issue? The buyer as long as they use regular cartridges won’t be banned or anything right? Any issues they’ll have updating?

4) How much would you value the system at with a)emuNAND and no B9S/ no game files vs b)B9S installed with several games?

Sorry for such a lengthy question. I’m moving soon from Asia and was weighing if the additional time needed for B9S is worth it, especially if cia files need to be reinstalled...

Thanks all!!!
1. About half an hour max (shorter if you're on A9LH and just updating to B9S)
2. You won't lose your games, no need to reinstall anything
3. You don't want to do that, they may need to update Luma when there's a firmware update, and if they take their SD card out or it fails they will wonder why all their data is gone and the firmware changed! Better to install b9s and flash the emuNAND to the sysNAND.
4. The buyer won't know the difference but it is a better result for them if you install B9S. Otherwise if a new firmware update comes that isn't compatible with your setup they'll have no clue what to do while you do

Reactions: Shadx

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. About half an hour max (shorter if you're on A9LH and just updating to B9S)
2. You won't lose your games, no need to reinstall anything
3. You don't want to do that, they may need to update Luma when there's a firmware update, and if they take their SD card out or it fails they will wonder why all their data is gone and the firmware changed! Better to install b9s and flash the emuNAND to the sysNAND.
4. The buyer won't know the difference but it is a better result for them if you install B9S. Otherwise if a new firmware update comes that isn't compatible with your setup they'll have no clue what to do while you do
Thank you once again :) As far as dollar value, what do you think is fair to charge?

Last edited by Shadx,

melske

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi people, I tried to restore my R4i RTS 3DS revolution for DS, but it still doesn't work. I first tried with the HW A7, but LUMA couldn't find the restore file. So I tried the HW A7 and then it did, so i restored it. But my 3DS still can't find the card. I can't open it. It's neccesary for me, because I'm trying to ntrboot a new 3DS XL.
Somebody, please?

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
hello all! I just got freeshop, but can i update games from the eshop or should i use only the freshop to update games?

and can i dowload youtube from the eshop or would i get banned?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
hello all! I just got freeshop, but can i update games from the eshop or should i use only the freshop to update games?

and can i dowload youtube from the eshop or would i get banned?
You can use the eShop normally. You can update games from eShop or freeshop, it doesn't matter

Bregamir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, my first post here.
I installed CFW on my old3ds and transfered it on my N3dsXl using DSiware Game Injection. I used the SUDOKU game to do so. I'm planning to use the same method on two of my friends 3ds. My question is : if I restored the nand of my old3ds (the source console) can I still use the SUDOKU game on this console to do it again or do I need to buy it again ?

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Should I buy a sky3ds+ to allow me to play my backups in both of my 3dses? Yes I know...flashcarts are useless if you have CFW but...with cia installs the game is stuck to the console it is installed in...There's no taking the game and playing it in your other handheld if the first one has no battery left...And no I don't want a gateway because Luma does the CFW better...and I don't use cheats anyway...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work