• Views 4,459,594
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
WEll that was a great idea and then i accidantly delete the cia via fbi -_- im 900% retard. So eh, some ROM site down? the specefic rom i could only find there Q_Q

Please remove the site name from your post. We aren't allowed to tell rom site names or link to them. You'll probably have to look somewhere else if it isn't in freeshop.

Nephrim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i really need some help!!! Softmodded my 3ds following the 3dsguide. Got to the finalizing part. it says to update system and it'll be alright. so I updated to 11.4, it tells you to go into Rosalina Menu>Miscellaneous Items>update hb title..., When i do this, it says "Operation Failed(no suitable process could be found)"
Please help! I followed the guide exactly. What is wrong? is my payload wrong? why is does it have me create a folder on Sd>root for hblauncherloader and leave it blank?
I'm new to all of this, only got into it today but ran into no issues until this. I don't have a NAND backup so i feel like im screwed unless i figure it out!

Please Please Please HELP!!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys i really need some help!!! Softmodded my 3ds following the 3dsguide. Got to the finalizing part. it says to update system and it'll be alright. so I updated to 11.4, it tells you to go into Rosalina Menu>Miscellaneous Items>update hb title..., When i do this, it says "Operation Failed(no suitable process could be found)"
Please help! I followed the guide exactly. What is wrong? is my payload wrong? why is does it have me create a folder on Sd>root for hblauncherloader and leave it blank?
I'm new to all of this, only got into it today but ran into no issues until this. I don't have a NAND backup so i feel like im screwed unless i figure it out!

Please Please Please HELP!!
Are you actually in the Download Play application or are you just looking at it in the menu?

Nephrim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you actually in the Download Play application or are you just looking at it in the menu?

I am in the Luma v8.2 black console looking menu. https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup
I am on section III, it says "Launch Download Play Menu", how do i do this?

Omg... you can just smack me in the face for asking that question i apologize. I've never used a ds, 3ds, or n3ds til today. decided to softmod right after buying. Completely didn't understand that "Download Play" was an application on the n3ds.. god why is it always the stupid shit that trips me up lol
Thank you for your quick response tho!

Last edited by Nephrim,
Reactions: Quantumcat

smallplant

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I tried updating the free shop to get "an error has occurred forcing the software to close. The sistem will now restart" whenever I try to open a new downloaded game. Please help me!!!

Attachments

• 20170704_084556.jpg
    20170704_084556.jpg
    619.3 KB · Views: 143

raylgo

Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering if anyone has tried this before. My friend bought a Luma Europe n3ds which doesn't play nice with everyone else's US console. Some games that he really wants to play, like Tekken, just doesn't work. And some games that run, doesn't see the other consoles in multi-player

I was wondering if we can region change it to US so it is able to play without issue (I hope) and still have access to the eshop (to be able to download monster hunter dlc).

It hasn't accessed the Europe eshop according to the original owner but it has already tried to download the Europe version of the monster hunter dlc through the dlc menu inside it...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I was wondering if anyone has tried this before. My friend bought a Luma Europe n3ds which doesn't play nice with everyone else's US console. Some games that he really wants to play, like Tekken, just doesn't work. And some games that run, doesn't see the other consoles in multi-player

I was wondering if we can region change it to US so it is able to play without issue (I hope) and still have access to the eshop (to be able to download monster hunter dlc).

It hasn't accessed the Europe eshop according to the original owner but it has already tried to download the Europe version of the monster hunter dlc through the dlc menu inside it...
Back up the NAND and SD card then try https://3ds.guide/region-changing
If it doesn't work the way you want it, then you can restore it to how it was.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Which CFW is Gateway Card Cheats friendly?
What do you mean? To use Gateway cheats you have to be in Gateway mode, which is a CFW itself. You can't use it in any other CFW.

Reactions: Smoker1

Homebound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is my N3DS XL charging port fried? Out of the blue it stopped charging. I've tried the AC adapter reset & nothing happened. When I use the charger on my spare 2DS the bold orange LED indicator comes on & the battery icon on the home menu turns orange with the AC icon on the battery icon & constantly blinks which I believe is normal. Any ideas if my port on my N3DS XL is fried?

wahush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
first time buying a 3ds/2ds, if i wanted to use an r4 card for games, do i need to do anything on the 3ds side or just set up the card?

wahush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If it's compatible with the latest version you don't need to do anything, otherwise you'll need CFW to be able to use TWLoader.

what version would you recommend that i buy, console and card if possible :) theres so many i dont no which to get lol, i'll take the easy way out and hopefully you know what are the easy ones, was looking at 2dsxl but if thats complicated i'll skip for an easier one

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
what version would you recommend that i buy, console and card if possible :) theres so many i dont no which to get lol, i'll take the easy way out and hopefully you know what are the easy ones, was looking at 2dsxl but if thats complicated i'll skip for an easier one
Yeah the new 2DS XL will come with 11.4 firmware so you wouldn't be able to mod it (easily). Anything else new in box should be hackable. As for DS flashcarts, the R4i Gold 3DS is the most recommended on the forum, but I haven't personally used it.

wahush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

DarkNerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally overwrote my backup nand bin with one that has the same 11.4 firmware, is there anyway I can get it downgraded to 11.3 or even 11.2?

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is it safe to ctrtransfer a 9.2.0 firmware to an unhacked 11.3.0 one? Thank you

I accidentally overwrote my backup nand bin with one that has the same 11.4 firmware, is there anyway I can get it downgraded to 11.3 or even 11.2?

If your 3ds already has b9s or a9lh, you can do the region changing guide but use the same region as the one you have. You can stop following the guide after section II step 9 since your main purpose is to just downgrade and not to region change. However, this will downgrade your 3ds to v9.2.0.

One thing I'm not 100% sure as I haven't use it for a while now is to use the @Plailect's sysDowngrader and an 11.3 update pack, the update pack you can download via 3dnus.

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So i want to install B9S on my n3DS, problem is i can't get to the Luma3ds chainloader menu even if i press start. What is the problem?

Here is my current 3DS status:
  • Luma ver. 7.1
  • a9lh
  • shadownand(suspicious)
  • fw 11.4
EDIT: I followed this guide

Last edited by dizz00,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to...