• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

LaronX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try a different SD card maybe?

Edit: saw your other post. What happens when you select Boot emuNAND in the Luma config menu (hold Select on boot)?

I did all that, I just went through all the steps again and it worked. My guess would be something went wrong integrating the EmuNand into the SysNand as I could do that again. Which shouldn't be possible.

Reactions: Quantumcat

geenlung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about bootntr. When i try to soft reset or start a new game while bootntr is active my 3ds crashes. Is there a way around this? I am on 11.4, luma, a9lh, bootntr 3.5. Thanks!

Last edited by geenlung,

fenomeno0chris

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello to the whole gbatemp community!
I haven't followed the 3DS hacking scene for a long while and now is the time I want to update my already unlocked new3DS console.

Unfortunately I even forgot which hacking method Im using right now to play my CIA games.
Thats why I created two pictures of Luma Updater:
img0786i84eryolus.jpg

img0787a3izn1e8qo.jpg

So what should I do, to update to the newest hacking method?

Last edited by fenomeno0chris,

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello to the whole gbatemp community!
I haven't followed the 3DS hacking scene for a long while and now is the time I want to update my already unlocked new3DS console.

Unfortunately I even forgot which hacking method Im using right now to play my CIA games.
Thats why I created two pictures of Luma Updater:
img0786i84eryolus.jpg

img0787a3izn1e8qo.jpg

So what should I do, to update to the newest hacking method?
Luma v7.1 doesn't support arm9loaderhax
You can either use v7.0.5 here https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v7.0.5 or upgrade to boot9strap https://3ds.guide/updating-to-boot9strap

Reactions: fenomeno0chris

fenomeno0chris

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for the fast answer!
Since boot9strap seems to be uncertain (Nintendo bans), how can I update to v7.0.5?
Which files do I have to replace/overwrite?

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im updating my a9lh to boot9strap and on this step

Section IV - CTRNAND Luma3DS
Reboot holding (Start) during boot to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu

thing is its not loading anything. the system just turns on with nothing else happening. please help and t.y.i.a.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
im updating my a9lh to boot9strap and on this step

Section IV - CTRNAND Luma3DS
Reboot holding (Start) during boot to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu

thing is its not loading anything. the system just turns on with nothing else happening. please help and t.y.i.a.
Make sure you have the GodMode9 firm file in luma/payloads

Reactions: Latyana

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have the GodMode9 firm file in luma/payloads
yep i rechecked. tyvm it solved the issue. me and my silly self. it should be ok to delete the a9lh folder right?? idk much else that would need deleting on it. now to figure out how to update the sysNAND its been ages for it

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a question, is one able to either overwrite the say...mii plaza and camera home menu icons, or perhaps erase those ones and use just the badge arcade ones without your system screaming since they arent there or would something like this be more of a ban flag for not having those?

Nepperspudding

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I'm in the process of updating Luma to 7.0.2 and I know that there's the banwave going on but I wanted to update my 3ds to 11.4 and was wondering if I could do so with Luma 7.0.2?

steffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello big problem here. I tried to remove a9lh (I actually did it) because of the banwave paranoia but forgot to do the ctr-transfer thing. Now I have a black screen when I boot my 2ds. Did I doom my console ?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello big problem here. I tried to remove a9lh (I actually did it) because of the banwave paranoia but forgot to do the ctr-transfer thing. Now I have a black screen when I boot my 2ds. Did I doom my console ?
How did you remove it?

AlejandroLevel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If you are using the DS Card and then you go to setting and click on something to get into emunand which is called (if I remember correctly) MSET exploit. The second home screen is your emunand and as far as I know should have GW tag before version. I'm swamped for the next week or else I would show you some pics as well.

Ok, (gasp) I got it working again by loading the "ULTRA 3.7.1 BETA" files (__rpg, _DSMENU.DAT, changelog, GW_INSTALLER.NDS, Launcher.dat) in the Gateway and reinstalled all that and got the Dragon! But still no luck in getting "Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World (U).3ds" game to work. It stays forever on the 3DS Logo black background screen. The other games do work fine. Do you think I should update the 3DS' internal sysNAND to something a little newer? I say this because when I go to Settings I see that it's at "Ver. 4.3.0-10U" could that be it? Maybe its a new game and It won't load?

Swype

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

i just upgraded my N3DS XL with a9lh to b9s successfully. I have 11.3 installed, can i update to 11.4? If i can update, do i have to DSiware/Hardmod afterwards?

joimme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, (gasp) I got it working again by loading the "ULTRA 3.7.1 BETA" files (__rpg, _DSMENU.DAT, changelog, GW_INSTALLER.NDS, Launcher.dat) in the Gateway and reinstalled all that and got the Dragon! But still no luck in getting "Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World (U).3ds" game to work. It stays forever on the 3DS Logo black background screen. The other games do work fine. Do you think I should update the 3DS' internal sysNAND to something a little newer? I say this because when I go to Settings I see that it's at "Ver. 4.3.0-10U" could that be it? Maybe its a new game and It won't load?

You don't have to update sysNand if you are using Emunand but as I've said before, updating gateway files doesn't update your emunand. However you're really unlucky because gateway doesn't support latest version for emunand yet (so you shouldn't update emunand or sysnand by going into settings) and all the other update methods are a bit difficult. Now I'm no way an expert so I may lead you down the wrong path and brick your device so I think some more familiar with gateway should help you.

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep i rechecked. tyvm it solved the issue. me and my silly self. it should be ok to delete the a9lh folder right?? idk much else that would need deleting on it. now to figure out how to update the sysNAND its been ages for it
can i get some help on this??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Poor and jaundiced is he!