• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Greenrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome. Hold down select and press the power button. You need to press and hold start and press the power button for payload launch.
Thanks! I can get into Luma Now, but I still can't seem to get Godmode to open. Is there a way to install the homebrew launcher and FBI through luma?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
In my 3ds' ctrnand, there's just enough space for a LayeredFS ROM hack of Pokemon Sun. There would be only a few megabytes of free space there if it'd be there. Would this be a problem? I'd like to play the hack even without my sd card inserted.

Last edited by Uumas,

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You would only have to reinject FBI if you installed the cia and reverted the health and safety app. If you leave it in the health and safety app it will stick around.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No!!!!! It WILL remove a9lh if you start Gateway in 11.3 or 11.4 sysNAND. Gateway does not protect the firm, and in 11.3 the console tries to write over it. This has happened multiple times. If you don't believe me, at least try it on 11.3, not 11.4, so you can still re-hack your console afterward.
I'm using the old version of this (a9lh, need to move to b9s) : https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-booting-gw-with-b9s-and-some-help.471417/
so no, if I try to boot to GW on 11.4 I just get a black screen :)
Use a Yoshi's Wooly World rom and start Gateway mode from the Gateway menu, holding D pad up when you select boot Gateway mode (this will disable the cart update blocker).

Whatever you do, DO NOT boot into Gateway sysNAND mode. If you do so on 11.3 or higher you lose a9lh.
so YWW will get me to 11.2 ? thanks :) what do you mean ? of course I need to be in GWsysnand to update to legit 11.2 lol then install b9s.

as I said before, I end up on a black screen on a9lh/b9s 11.3 or 11.4 (ie, it can't even boot GW mode). (don't worry I understood loong ago that If I update on a a9lh system with GW mode on, I will overwrite the a9lh install and probably brick, but this is not at all what I'm trying to do here :))

thanks a lot for pointing me out in the right direction :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Need help. Was told I need to update A9LH and I don't understand what to do. these are files I have:

https://gyazo.com/8ad9fbd855fd6af9fb31f37500dfb664

I was told to move them to the root but I did and nothing happened. I don't understand how to make this work.
What step are you up to on the guide?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm using the old version of this (a9lh, need to move to b9s) : https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-booting-gw-with-b9s-and-some-help.471417/
so no, if I try to boot to GW on 11.4 I just get a black screen :)

so YWW will get me to 11.2 ? thanks :) what do you mean ? of course I need to be in GWsysnand to update to legit 11.2 lol then install b9s.

as I said before, I end up on a black screen on a9lh/b9s 11.3 or 11.4 (ie, it can't even boot GW mode). (don't worry I understood loong ago that If I update on a a9lh system with GW mode on, I will overwrite the a9lh install and probably brick, but this is not at all what I'm trying to do here :))

thanks a lot for pointing me out in the right direction :)
Why do you want to update sysNAND to 11.2 anyway? If you are using Gateway you really need to be using an emuNAND.

If your problem is that your emuNAND firmware is too high, do this.

1. Backup your emuNAND
2. Create a new one (you can use GodMode9). It will be a clone of your sysNAND.
3. Update it using Yoshi's Wooly World

Or, boot into emuNAND using Luma and use 3Down (11.2 CTR NAND transfer) to get it to a lower firmware again.

I wouldn't let Gateway anywhere near my sysNAND if it were me. Of course, you can do whatever you want, if you know there are risks and you're willing to suffer any consequences.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I think I got bootstrap9 as I was told I need it now to keep running my CFW 3DS. Should I update the system now through system settings? just to double check I tried installing the latest hourly(it shows as green but I just wanted to test it anyway as it said "download failed" last time.) it's still doing it though?

Also do I need to do anything past section III now?

https://3ds.guide/updating-to-boot9strap

or does bootstrap just update luma for you automatically now and I don't need an installer?

Also should I still be updating my system through system update menu?

Last edited by kbf,

superj1018

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds was banned in the ban wave Nintendo has going on right now is there anyway I can unban it the error code is the 002-0102 one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...