• Views 4,529,499
  • Replies 53,798
  • Likes 43

LUCIFXR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I would like to ask if the current Freeshop listed games is outdated (for now)? I updated the title keys and refreshed cache but it's still as before, do I just have to wait for Freeshop to be updated or do I have to do anything? Thanks in advance :)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I would like to ask if the current Freeshop listed games is outdated (for now)? I updated the title keys and refreshed cache but it's still as before, do I just have to wait for Freeshop to be updated or do I have to do anything? Thanks in advance :)
The cache that freeShop uses hasn't been updated (to my knowledge). Have patience.

boekeboekeboeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry for all the questions but I think I'm still missing something :( I installed a9lh newest version with luma newest version and followed the guide in which I also had to update.

So now it auto boots in emunand. Installed fire emblem echoes and it's not working.

I went to system settings and it's still showing me i'm on version 7.0.3, is this correct? I thought it should show 11.4 there right? Am I doing something wrong? And if I indeed need to update can I update emunand via system > other settings > update?

kktk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, I've decided to finally give up my gateway and move to A9LH.

I'm a complete noob and so I just want to check something before I start:

I've seen different links to installing Luma3DS. One, is the link to its wiki at:

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-upgrade

It is a very short 1 page guide.

Another I have seen is a guide website at:

https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax.html

which is a few pages long and seems very complicated.

I'm currently on O3DS, OFW 4.5, emunand 11.0. Do i need to follow the longer or the shorter guide? I would assume it is the longer one. If so, there is a step I don't quite understand:
for 4.5, i'm supposed to use either SafeCTRTransfer (MSET) SafeCTRTransfer (Browser), depending if on whether there is No Browser or Browser. Which option should i choose?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've decided to finally give up my gateway and move to A9LH.

I'm a complete noob and so I just want to check something before I start:

I've seen different links to installing Luma3DS. One, is the link to its wiki at:

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-upgrade

It is a very short 1 page guide.

Another I have seen is a guide website at:

https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax.html

which is a few pages long and seems very complicated.

I'm currently on O3DS, OFW 4.5, emunand 11.0. Do i need to follow the longer or the shorter guide? I would assume it is the longer one. If so, there is a step I don't quite understand:
for 4.5, i'm supposed to use either SafeCTRTransfer (MSET) SafeCTRTransfer (Browser), depending if on whether there is No Browser or Browser. Which option should i choose?
The guide on 3ds.guide is not complicated. You should only be following that guide.

From 3ds.guide:
"The last two columns of the chart refer to the last number of your version (which corresponds to the browser version installed to the system). If the version is -0 then you do not have a browser, while any number above -0 indicates a browser is installed.

The “from” and “to” fields are inclusive. This means that, for example, the “from 9.0.0 to 9.2.0” row includes 9.0.0, 9.1.0, and 9.2.0.

In the case of “5.0.0-0U” for example, you would follow the “No Browser” column and 5.0.0 to 5.1.0 row because the system is on the a system version in that range and has no browser installed."

Reactions: kktk

boekeboekeboeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry for all the questions but I think I'm still missing something :( I installed a9lh newest version with luma newest version and followed the guide in which I also had to update.

So now it auto boots in emunand. Installed fire emblem echoes and it's not working.

I went to system settings and it's still showing me i'm on version 7.0.3, is this correct? I thought it should show 11.4 there right? Am I doing something wrong? And if I indeed need to update can I update emunand via system > other settings > update?
anyone an idea?

boekeboekeboeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you followed 3ds.guide, you should no longer have an emuNAND and you should only have a sysNAND and you should be booting into that, your system version should be 11.4, not 7.0.3. 7.0.5 is the latest Luma3DS version.
Thanks for the reply, ok so we call this sysnand too. Strange it doesn't give me 11.4..can I update via settings? or do I need to do this via another way? Because in the guide I have to update once and it said the update succeeded.
I think I'm on 7.0.5 not 7.0.3, Think I remember incorrectly, but can't check right now because it's installing fire emblem

EDIT: Just checked I'm on 7.1.0

Last edited by boekeboekeboeh,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, ok so we call this sysnand too. Strange it doesn't give me 11.4..can I update via settings? or do I need to do this via another way? Because in the guide I have to update once and it said the update succeeded.
I think I'm on 7.0.5 not 7.0.3, Think I remember incorrectly, but can't check right now because it's installing fire emblem
If you did indeed follow 3ds.guide and have successfully installed a9lh, go ahead and update your system.

kktk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The guide on 3ds.guide is not complicated. You should only be following that guide.

From 3ds.guide:
"The last two columns of the chart refer to the last number of your version (which corresponds to the browser version installed to the system). If the version is -0 then you do not have a browser, while any number above -0 indicates a browser is installed.

The “from” and “to” fields are inclusive. This means that, for example, the “from 9.0.0 to 9.2.0” row includes 9.0.0, 9.1.0, and 9.2.0.

In the case of “5.0.0-0U” for example, you would follow the “No Browser” column and 5.0.0 to 5.1.0 row because the system is on the a system version in that range and has no browser installed."

Thanks! Another question: One major reason why I didn't want to swtich over to Luma is because I think i read that you are supposed to put your games in your SD card, instead of a microsd gamecart like red gateway? This is so because I only have a very small 4gb SD card and I spent a good sum buying a large microSD for my red gateway when it first came out. Is there any way to use the microsd to play games on Luma? Or is it as simple as plugging the microsd into an SDcard adapater?

Last edited by kktk,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +1
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on...