• Views 4,518,133
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Another question: One major reason why I didn't want to swtich over to Luma is because I think i read that you are supposed to put your games in your SD card, instead of a microsd gamecart like red gateway? This is so because I only have a very small 4gb SD card and I spent a good sum buying a large microSD for my red gateway when it first came out. Is there any way to use the microsd to play games on Luma?
You either need the game cartridges or you install the games in .cia form to your 3DS's SD card (not the Gateway card). I would suggest getting a larger SD card.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks! Another question: One major reason why I didn't want to swtich over to Luma is because I think i read that you are supposed to put your games in your SD card, instead of a microsd gamecart like red gateway? This is so because I only have a very small 4gb SD card and I spent a good sum buying a large microSD for my red gateway when it first came out. Is there any way to use the microsd to play games on Luma? Or is it as simple as plugging the microsd into an SDcard adapater?
Adapter works fine

kktk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
You either need the game cartridges or you install the games in .cia form to your 3DS's SD card (not the Gateway card). I would suggest getting a larger SD card.

Last thing: the guide site has a new notice which I didnt notice before: " Please note that this guide will have very large changes coming later today. Please finish any in-progress installations as quickly as possible, and wait to start any new installations." Is this updated and should I hold off updating for now? I was randomly on the 3ds hacking reddit page and saw this top post saying "Luma3DS has now dropped support in beta commit: bd62f033ab7deeda807a8d3f512ff5b198a7b357 for Non-A9LH Boot methods." Should I be rushing to update it right this second?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Last thing: the guide site has a new notice which I didnt notice before: " Please note that this guide will have very large changes coming later today. Please finish any in-progress installations as quickly as possible, and wait to start any new installations." Is this updated and should I hold off updating for now? I was randomly on the 3ds hacking reddit page and saw this top post saying "Luma3DS has now dropped support in beta commit: bd62f033ab7deeda807a8d3f512ff5b198a7b357 for Non-A9LH Boot methods." Should I be rushing to update it right this second?
I'd wait until the guide is updated

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it says to wait to start any new updates, I would wait. If you've already started it, go ahead and finish the installation.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, ok so we call this sysnand too. Strange it doesn't give me 11.4..can I update via settings? or do I need to do this via another way? Because in the guide I have to update once and it said the update succeeded.
I think I'm on 7.0.5 not 7.0.3, Think I remember incorrectly, but can't check right now because it's installing fire emblem

EDIT: Just checked I'm on 7.1.0
If you're still on GW EmuNAND and plan to keep using Gatewait, DO NOT update past 11.2 as it will not boot higher than that. Also DO NOT using it on SysNAND as it will strip your a9lh installation.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Just saved the guide to Wayback Machine and now downloading it to my computer because in the past I have had trouble comparing the changes because I was unable to find the old version

Starboy

Trophies
XP
Country
India

Cant wait to see what the new changes are, must be a brickproof method and 11.4 cfw hopefully

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
y guys i updated my luma3ds. but when i checked my emu/sys NAND it says FuffyNAND. um what is that?? and what happened to the system NAND?? this is weird.
please can someone who knows whats going on answer this?? i need help. i need to update my cfw sysNAND. but its saying fluffyNand. is it in the configuration of the luma3ds?? or is this something else??

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
please can someone who knows whats going on answer this?? i need help. i need to update my cfw sysNAND. but its saying fluffyNand. is it in the configuration of the luma3ds?? or is this something else??
Did you by chance create this file at any point?
Captura.PNG

Last edited by Arubaro,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go in luma/ on your SD card and delete anything that says "customversion_*.txt", where * is whatever.

Reactions: Latyana

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind that if you delete that file... your nand will not be fluffy anymore... just a normal peasant nand
i figured it out. lol. i forgot my friend FluffyReshiram giving me a thing to install to have a special pokemon boot screen. and apparently it did that to it. i just edited the sys file in luma folder and it fixed it back to what im used to. i left the emuFluffy as is. it was funny to forget consider i help him on the games.

oh and another thing. i just want to be sure but i do leave the emu on whatever NAND its on right?? just update the luma3ds to update the sysNAND so i can update and play my games right?? silly me needing to be sure because its been too long to remember how this stuff works.

wownmnpare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to buy r4 2016 SDHC dual core. Can i still play it in my 3ds? Since i heard there is a time bomb in some flashcart.

My 3ds is in the latest version and its a9lh + luma (latest)

liulfr1000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! New to gbatemp and I was having some issues with this so my friend said to ask here! So, I'm on section 2 of the SigHax update/boot9strap update found here and have all the proper files on your sd card, yet when I do what it tells me to, nothing happens, pressing the start button while turning it on just loads me to the regular 3ds home menu, it doesn't load into LUMA or anything. Thank you for the help!!

D

Deleted User

Hello! New to gbatemp and I was having some issues with this so my friend said to ask here! So, I'm on section 2 of the SigHax update/boot9strap update found here and have all the proper files on your sd card, yet when I do what it tells me to, nothing happens, pressing the start button while turning it on just loads me to the regular 3ds home menu, it doesn't load into LUMA or anything. Thank you for the help!!
I know I already gave you the answer over Skype but I'll answer it here too just in case someone comes here in the next little while with the same question.
The answer was in another thread:
I think the guide is assuming you have a fairly recent version of Luma, as far as that goes. Easiest solution is to replace your arm9loaderhax.bin with the one from Luma 7.0.5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!