• Likes 43

Game420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a old 3ds XL version 11.2.0
It has a9lh & luma3ds installed and I'm having issues with freeshop.
freeshop was working perfectly fine on my 3ds a week ago and today I went ahead and tried running freeshop
And I keep getting this message
"An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart"

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few questions, running a N3DS on LUMA 11.3 atm. Want to upgrade my 32GB card to a 64GB, can I use Windows 7 to format this card to fat32 with 32K clusters? Also a good question? CIangel fails me...can't make cias with it. The software is crashing randomly so I deleted it. Can game information downloaded from freeshop/eshop be converted to a CIA file in any way? Thanks.

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
A few questions, running a N3DS on LUMA 11.3 atm. Want to upgrade my 32GB card to a 64GB, can I use Windows 7 to format this card to fat32 with 32K clusters? Also a good question? CIangel fails me...can't make cias with it. The software is crashing randomly so I deleted it. Can game information downloaded from freeshop/eshop be converted to a CIA file in any way? Thanks.
1) no, you can use guiformat
2)idk
3) using godmode9, yes

Reactions: Todderbert

Fergamesy2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi, im installing arm9 an luma in my o3ds, the thing is that when i ended the step to restore the sysnand, it frezes, so i use this guide: https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer and it worked, but when i get to the section 4 to reinstall tickets, and the step 7, the “Install and delete all tickets” option doesnt appear in the menu, just: copy al contents, delete all contents, new folder, delete, rename, copy, paste, and i dont know what to do, i want all my tickets, what can i do? another version of fbi works? im in fbi 2.4.8

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
hi, im installing arm9 an luma in my o3ds, the thing is that when i ended the step to restore the sysnand, it frezes, so i use this guide: https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer and it worked, but when i get to the section 4 to reinstall tickets, and the step 7, the “Install and delete all tickets” option doesnt appear in the menu, just: copy al contents, delete all contents, new folder, delete, rename, copy, paste, and i dont know what to do, i want all my tickets, what can i do? another version of fbi works? im in fbi 2.4.8

I don't know why it's not working, but you can install your missing tickets with Tikshop. You can find it in the TitleDB on your FBI.

CoNzz

Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm so sorry for asking this question because it's probably the dumbest question you guys will come across this year. I was going to update to 11.4 on my O3DS I'm currently on 11.2, I've backed up my NAND and copied it to my computer. Now I have Luma and I believe arm9 and basically the question is, is Luma CFW? Because everyone says it's safe to update with arm9 and CFW. Yeah so sorry for the basic question. If you need any info please ask and I'll add it to here.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So I'm so sorry for asking this question because it's probably the dumbest question you guys will come across this year. I was going to update to 11.4 on my O3DS I'm currently on 11.2, I've backed up my NAND and copied it to my computer. Now I have Luma and I believe arm9 and basically the question is, is Luma CFW? Because everyone says it's safe to update with arm9 and CFW. Yeah so sorry for the basic question. If you need any info please ask and I'll add it to here.
Yes. Luma is a cfw. Basically if you have arm9loaderhax you have cfw

Reactions: CoNzz

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi - if I don't have the original NAND backup, prior to installing A9LH + Luma, what problems could this cause in future?

Uninstalling A9LH is easier/safer if you have a non-A9LH backup. That's literally the only "problem". Even then you can uninstall it. You probably don't want to uninstall it, but if you had to send your console to Nintendo to be fixed under it's warranty, you'd have to remove A9LH or they would send your console back to you because you've modified it = It's not under warranty.

Other than that, an A9LH backup is better anyways. You can't accidentally uninstall A9LH with an A9LH backup. Even if you choose to not keep A9LH when you restore NAND backup, you'll retain it because it's in the image itself.

Ah awesome thanks a lot.

You don't have to update though. 11.4 with Luma breaks DS/GBA compatibility so you won't be able to play DS/GBA games. It might have some other issues too. If that's irrelevant to you then you can update, but at the same time there's no reason to update.

If you get an update nag when you want to play a game, you can bypass it by launching ctr-httpwn from Homebrew launcher.

Last edited by Distrance,
Reactions: CoNzz

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Hey guys, ultra-noob question here.

Could you explain step by step how to replace the 6.6 arm9loaderhax.bin in my CTRNAND for the 7.0 arm9loaderhax.bin?

I don't use FBI commonly, so I wouldn't like to take a risk.

Thanks in advance!

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey guys, ultra-noob question here.

Could you explain step by step how to replace the 6.6 arm9loaderhax.bin in my CTRNAND for the 7.0 arm9loaderhax.bin?

I don't use FBI commonly, so I wouldn't like to take a risk.

Thanks in advance!
Assuming you have the updated the one on your sd, do this (copied from 3ds.guide)

Section VIII - CTRNAND Luma3DS

Navigate to SDCARD
Press (Y) on arm9loaderhax.bin to copy it
Press (B) to return to the main menu
Navigate to SYSNAND CTRNAND
Press (Y) to paste arm9loaderhax.bin
Select “Copy path(s)”
Press (B) to return to the main menu
Hold (R) and press (B) at the same time to eject your SD card
Remove your SD card from your device
Press (Start) to reboot your device with your SD card removed
Booting your device at least once with your SD card removed will allow you to configure the CTRNAND based Luma3DS installation
Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
“Show NAND or user string in System Settings”
Reinsert your SD card into your device
Press (Start) to save and reboot

Reactions: NFates

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about converting freeshop/eshop installed games to .cia with Godmode9. I have not found a tutorial on this and am winging it. I choose SYSNAND SD title/00040000/(numbers/letters)/content/00000000.app then do NCCH image options on that file and choose build CIA from file. Is this the correct file or they way to go about doing this?

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Question about converting freeshop/eshop installed games to .cia with Godmode9. I have not found a tutorial on this and am winging it. I choose SYSNAND SD title/00040000/(numbers/letters)/content/00000000.app then do NCCH image options on that file and choose build CIA from file. Is this the correct file or they way to go about doing this?
Yes

amienz

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
question. can i downgrade from 11.3cfw to 11.2cfw? because according to my understanding, the highest fw that's gateway playable is 11.2. and yes i still use gateway. space issues. saving for switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk