• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

GravitySuitCollector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry I must be misunderstanding. I am able to run the payloads including Decrypt by holding x on boot. But Section III Step 10 in the guide requires me to open System Settings, no?
At that point, you've reinstalled all those system titles through the CTRNAND transfer. -_- EDIT: Also, do make sure to have a bigger SD card before following this. You probably would have wanted one afterwards. 4 GB was a tight squeeze on one of the 3dses I hacked, and that was a o3ds. I promptly got the owner to get themselves a bigger SD after. N3dses do have bigger NAND backups, so I would just plain not even try it with 4 GB on them, especialy with games installed already.

Last edited by GravitySuitCollector,

andrewism

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At that point, you've reinstalled all those system titles through the CTRNAND transfer. -_-
...oh. I'm so sorry D: I assumed that ctrtransfer involved only directing System Settings to a certain firmware to update to, not actually reinstalling the system apps and then doing so. I'll try whenever I get to buying a larger SD card, but thank you so much for your help! Hopefully it'll work properly, and I'll make sure not to fiddle around anymore without guidance. I tend to do that a lot with things I don't fully understand. :/

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
At that point, you've reinstalled all those system titles through the CTRNAND transfer. -_- EDIT: Also, do make sure to have a bigger SD card before following this. You probably would have wanted one afterwards. 4 GB was a tight squeeze on one of the 3dses I hacked, and that was a o3ds. I promptly got the owner to get themselves a bigger SD after. N3dses do have bigger NAND backups, so I would just plain not even try it with 4 GB on them, especialy with games installed already.
Lul, I got A9LH on my 3DS with a 2GB card xD. But yeah, New models wouldn't be able to. Kek

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

andrewism

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As stupid as I may already seem by now, this may be an even stupider question but, is an 8 GB microSDHC + adapter fine to use? Or would it be best just to use an SD card?

Last edited by andrewism,

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
1) How do I install FBI on a9lh 11.3? Assuming that I did factory reset.
2) Is there a homebrew of any kind that checks which official cias are missing and which cias do not belong to system? I want to do full reset to the "grand new" state, but I've lost my old copy of 9.2 nand without hacks, so it's not possible that way.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
1) How do I install FBI on a9lh 11.3? Assuming that I did factory reset.

2) Is there a homebrew of any kind that checks which official cias are missing and which cias do not belong to system? I want to do full reset to the "grand new" state, but I've lost my old copy of 9.2 nand without hacks, so it's not possible that way.

1. Look here: https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

From the start, get FBI injectable zip and copy the files inside that zip to the /files9/ folder on your sd. Then follow Section V Injecting FBI. Then open H&S app which is now FBI go to TitleDB and install FBI cia. Then restore health and safety by first booting to Hourglass9 by holding start while booting an then following section VI step 18 and 19.

Last edited by Uumas,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Look here: https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

From the start, get FBI injectable zip and copy the files inside that zip to the /files9/ folder on your sd. Then follow Section V Injecting FBI. Then open H&S app which is now FBI go to TitleDB and install FBI cia. Then restore health and safety by first booting to Hourglass9 by holding start while booting an then following section VI step 18 and 19.
Why did you quote me? :/

andrewism

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, simple question, I have Hourglass9, but for this tool:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/

you need Decrypt9, How do I install Decrypt9? If I do will it interfere with Hourglass9? Or do I have to replace Hourglass9 with Decrypt9?
Since you already have Hourglass9, I think you can just download Decrypt9 here: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/latest/
Place the Decrypt9.bin in your /luma/payloads folder and rename it to x_Decrypt9.bin so you can open it by holding x during start up. I don't think it should interfere with Hourglass9. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was able to do the ctrtransfer and inject FBI!

But when I'm reinstalling tickets, it's giving me an error saying "Failed to install ticket." What exactly are "tickets" and what do I do about this error?

Edit: Nevermind, found a post with Quantumcat ensuring it's alright to skip this part. Are tickets only needed for games I installed on my system to show up on home menu (including PokeBank for example)? I mostly only use carts so I assume it won't be a problem for me
Edit2: Everything seems to work good :lol: Thanks for the help and sorry for bothering y'all

Last edited by andrewism,

TheBeefBai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi...

This is going to sound like a really stupid question but...

A few days ago I installed LumaCFW on my 11.2 3DS and my friend wanted to do it aswell but he accidentally updated to 11.3. Luckily, I made a backup of my 11.2 sysNAND and was wondering if there is either a way of restoring sysNAND on 11.3 with the Homebrew Launcher or if it will ever be a possibility. Thanks in advance

Molhel

Westworld Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe my 3DS is updated to a point where it cannot be modified or modded, so I was hoping to get some answers concerning the Sky3DS+ cart thingy. I do not need to modify or do anything to my 3DS in order to use this device, correct? It will allow me to put my games on the memory stick, put it into the 3DS like a normal game and launch? I have read the FAQ linked to in the main post and was led to believe that is what it means:

Sky 3DS:
Flashcart relying on external means to emulate a physical game card without the 3DS knowing the difference. There are 3 versions of the card: One with a blue button, orange button, or neither. The button serves as a method to switch between rom images. The blue card is limited to storing up to 10 games, while the orange button eliminates this limitation using hardware modification which can be done on the blue button models. (Source: Some thread on Maxconsole??? It's been so long.)

Sky3DS has proven to work as a last resort if the system is not currently exploitable, and is typically recommended for people who cannot exploit their console with a more recent SysNAND system version. It can emulate physical game cards including Cubic Ninja, which allows a user to use Ninjhax to launch the Homebrew Launcher.

I'm just looking for a solution to the single save problems of Pokemon (family, you know?) and was told to check out this thread for answers by external peoples before I blow nearly $100 on it.

I appreciate any help, of course. :)

GravitySuitCollector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi...

This is going to sound like a really stupid question but...

A few days ago I installed LumaCFW on my 11.2 3DS and my friend wanted to do it aswell but he accidentally updated to 11.3. Luckily, I made a backup of my 11.2 sysNAND and was wondering if there is either a way of restoring sysNAND on 11.3 with the Homebrew Launcher or if it will ever be a possibility. Thanks in advance

First of all, as you are talking about two different systems, keep in mind using another console's NAND backup is a good way to take a trip to Brick City. Just making sure you're not talking about that.

As for 11.3, the latest methods of getting arm11 and arm9 kernel access had been blocked. It might be quite a while before there's something exploitable on that firmware. Hardmods and DSiWare were also blocked, due to a system firmware check being updated to require 11.3 or something like that. It could be quite a wait until we get CFW install capabilities for it, it could not be.

If it's your 3ds with a9lh+Luma and you updated to 11.3, but you want your system on the previous version, you can restore a previous NAND backup using Hourglass9 (you would have it installed from the guide, hold start on boot).

Bobdweller

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys!

Just got my hands on a New 3DS system and am a complete noob.

I read some stuff, but am still a bit undecided whether I should go the flashcart or CFW route.

I can get my hands on a Sky3DS (not the plus version) cart very easily and cheaply and am really leaning towards the option, but believe it or not, the guy that can sell it to me actually recommended that I just install a CFW on my system.

He gave me the 3ds guide link thingy and I started reading up, but all these steps and the chance of bricking the system really don't excite me. I'd totally pay someone to do it for me, but where I am that can't happen and the guy who recommended this also doesn't want to risk it.

So a few questions:

How's comparability on the Sky3DS? Can you run almost any game? Does the rom file need to be in the region your system's set to?

When it comes to DLC, can this be added to the ROM somehow or do you need CFW for that?

When you install CFW, do you get to keep your game and save data (my system came with DBZ Extreme and Super Butoden pre-installed)? I know that at some point a format is required, but can you backup and restore the data?

All in all, what do you think is the best option?

Thanks so much in advance and sorry for the bombardment of questions! :)

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How's comparability on the Sky3DS? Can you run almost any game? Does the rom file need to be in the region your system's set to?
Unless you have CFW, it has to match your region. EDIT; Also, you can play pretty much every game.. Sun and Moon are the only ones I can name that don't work
When it comes to DLC, can this be added to the ROM somehow or do you need CFW for that?
It's put in the SD card's ExtData. CFW is needed to install pirated DLC
When you install CFW, do you get to keep your game and save data (my system came with DBZ Extreme and Super Butoden pre-installed)? I know that at some point a format is required, but can you backup and restore the data?
All data kept
All in all, what do you think is the best option?
Definitely CFW, as the brick risk is nearly zero. Just take the time to read EVERYTHING.

Last edited by Ricken,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)