• Views 4,574,485
  • Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep that should be it. If you have trouble do a bit of Googling - maybe I've left something out but it's definitely possible to access homebrew on 11.3 now. If you still can't work it out let me know and I'll try and find out what I missed.

You shouldn't lose anything from being on 11.3 with a9lh and Luma. Except, if you have a Gateway card don't launch Gateway mode on sysNAND or else your a9lh gets removed (even if you updated on Luma first).

I do have gateway card but I use that on a different system, good to note though, thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yep that should be it. If you have trouble do a bit of Googling - maybe I've left something out but it's definitely possible to access homebrew on 11.3 now. If you still can't work it out let me know and I'll try and find out what I missed.

You shouldn't lose anything from being on 11.3 with a9lh and Luma. Except, if you have a Gateway card don't launch Gateway mode on sysNAND or else your a9lh gets removed (even if you updated on Luma first).

hmm, homebrew launcher won't open

Reactions: Quantumcat

Ariel7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all :)

I need help with getting non-EU region (USA & JPN) self created CIA files working on Luma 3DS.

I was under the impression that Luma3DS would auto patch games so that they can be played on any region 3DS, yet I always seem to encounter the dreaded 3DS logo and then a black screen.

I guess theres a step in the conversion process that I am missing but not sure what that step is despite trying to dig around for an answer.

My set up is as follows:

1. O3DS XL (EUR)
2. Arm9loaderhax
3. Luma 3DS v6.6 - 88db5940 (Nightly)
4. SYS NAND - 11.2.0-35E
5. EMU NAND - 11.3.0-36E

I attempted to convert backed up 3DS games (.3ds files) to CIA format using both 'Easy CIA converter' and also 'Decrypt9WIP' yet any out of region CIAs always blackscreen.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ;>

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone point me in the right direction? Neither soundhax nor the Homebrew Launcher CIA are working on my a9lh n3DS on 11.3. I've updated the payload in the hblauncherloader folder, I've updated the Homebrew CIA to v1.3, I have the sound file and the otherapp.bin on my SD card root, and I've updated the Homebrew starter kit. Both soundhax and the Homebrew CIA crash on the "The homemenu ropbin is ready" screen.

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot I had to disable the Clock+L2 option in my luma settings.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So about that 11.3 "downgrading" .. Yes, I know it's not possible. Yet multiple users have said that while downgrading on 11.3 is not possible, it is possible to flash an existing backup onto a device that's on 11.3 with a hardmod. Isn't that effectively same as downgrading? If that's how it works then why can't you use the premade 9.2 ctr transfer image and flash it onto a hardmodded 11.3 console to effectively "downgrade" it? I'm sure if it was possible it would have been done already .. but I'm interested on the WHY .. Why can it not be done?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So about that 11.3 "downgrading" .. Yes, I know it's not possible. Yet multiple users have said that while downgrading on 11.3 is not possible, it is possible to flash an existing backup onto a device that's on 11.3 with a hardmod. Isn't that effectively same as downgrading? If that's how it works then why can't you use the premade 9.2 ctr transfer image and flash it onto a hardmodded 11.3 console to effectively "downgrade" it? I'm sure if it was possible it would have been done already .. but I'm interested on the WHY .. Why can it not be done?
You can't flash a CTR transfer by hardmod.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You can't flash a CTR transfer by hardmod.

That's not what I was asking. I know it can't be done - because if it could we wouldn't be discussing this. To my eyes (and any average user likely), a CTR transfer image is no different from a normal NAND backup other than actually being universal and not console specific. So I wanted to know why it can't be done. Answering a "Why?" question with "It can't be done" isn't an answer.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
That's not what I was asking. I know it can't be done - because if it could we wouldn't be discussing this. To my eyes (and any average user likely), a CTR transfer image is no different from a normal NAND backup other than actually being universal and not console specific. So I wanted to know why it can't be done. Answering a "Why?" question with "It can't be done" isn't an answer.
I found this :
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4zhe4a/
Hardmod: No, you need some kind of working ARM9 access to fix the *.db signatures. You're not getting that on a bricked system unless it has a9lh. This may become possible with a bootrom dump, depending on the method that's used to generate system-specific keys (there are a bunch of options, the hardware hacks that have been done by some people make me guess that it's based on the NAND CID rather than the OTP, which would be good news if it were true - only time will tell for certain though).

Reactions: Distrance

samsbrotherinlaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Onto this step, should I still follow even if I hadn't used Luma to setup the emunand?

Attachments

• nands.png
    nands.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 117

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Are there any reasons to keep Decrypt9 if I already have Hourglass9?

Well D9 has more features, including a way to remove A9LH with a NAND backup (if you needed for whatever reason). In any case, the payload is few hundred KB if even that so .. Why would you remove it, is the real question?

Reactions: Kibido

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have been reading everything above but this is my first update after installing a9lh and luma and I don't want to f*** this up... I am running 11.2 currently and I have updated Luma to 6.6 using the updater. If I am reading correctly I need to update the system firmware now to 11.3 THEN go into FBI and download the new homebrew launcher, correct?

How exactly do I go about updating to 11.3? The normal way, using the system settings to update or do I use some CFW app to update?

Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to answer this question for the 100th time. <3

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: I have luma and the homebrew launcher updated as stated in the above post. I just need to know how to go about updating the system firmware and I'll be set. It IS safe to just do it in the system settings, correct?

The reason I ask is because I actually read the terms and agreements on the 11.3 update and there is a nasty message about the system not working anymore after updating. Or has that message always been there?

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: I have luma and the homebrew launcher updated as stated in the above post. I just need to know how to go about updating the system firmware and I'll be set. It IS safe to just do it in the system settings, correct?

The reason I ask is because I actually read the terms and agreements on the 11.3 update and there is a nasty message about the system not working anymore after updating. Or has that message always been there?
Yes, it's safe to update through system settings and that text has always been there.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a 3DS XL and I want to play old DS games on it. What's the best method of doing so? I've done some research and it seems as if CFW + TWLoader is an option but doesn't support most games.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I have a 3DS XL and I want to play old DS games on it. What's the best method of doing so? I've done some research and it seems as if CFW + TWLoader is an option but doesn't support most games.
DS flashcarts are very cheap and 99% will work with CFW and associated homebrew that helps with compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I'm not doing ok, everywhere I go I see sex