• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Update Luma to 6.6 (download the arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma's GitHub and replace the one on your root), then update normally. There's no harm in being on 11.3 if you have a9lh. But never boot Gateway in sysNAND mode on 11.3 if you have one.

Why not? Does launching GW on 11.3 do something bad? Other than updating on GW of course, but you said "boot" ..

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Why not? Does launching GW on 11.3 do something bad? Other than updating on GW of course, but you said "boot" ..
There's some reports of people having a9lh disappear when they booted into Gateway sysNAND mode. It's possible they all updated and thought they didn't, but I think that's unlikely

Jeimu3u

Trophies
XP
Country
This ha probably been asked a million times but I can't find a definitive answer.

I'm using a New 3DS XL, and I used 3DS.guide to install Luma3DS and a9lh etc. I'm running 11.2 currently and everything works great.

Today I had a pop up telling me to update to 11.3 which obviously I didn't do, because I wanted to keep my homebrew.

I've gone into Luma updater and updated to the latest hourly but I'm still hesitant to upgrade to 11.3 in case I'm missing something?

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This ha probably been asked a million times but I can't find a definitive answer.

I'm using a New 3DS XL, and I used 3DS.guide to install Luma3DS and a9lh etc. I'm running 11.2 currently and everything works great.

Today I had a pop up telling me to update to 11.3 which obviously I didn't do, because I wanted to keep my homebrew.

I've gone into Luma updater and updated to the latest hourly but I'm still hesitant to upgrade to 11.3 in case I'm missing something?
Just install the latest version of hblauncher_loader (https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases) which supports loading the Homebrew Launcher on 11.3 and you are good to go, update with no fear

ShibaraMelody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a 3DS on 11.3.0 and made it so homebrew works. however it is best that I wait before going further (CFW & LUMA). That is what I'm getting from people talking but making sure. Maybe I'm being super careful but I['d rather not brick it and buy another 3DS. Trying to spend the snowy weekend setting up my 3DS

Last edited by ShibaraMelody,

jake6a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I updated my 3DS to 11.3 on Luma3DS v5.5, now it refuses to boot (freezes on LUMA3DS Screen), I have previously backed up the files, should I try upgrading Luma to v6 now or do I have to restore the backup first?

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I updated my 3DS to 11.3 on Luma3DS v5.5, now it refuses to boot (freezes on LUMA3DS Screen), I have previously backed up the files, should I try upgrading Luma to v6 now or do I have to restore the backup first?
Just upgrade Luma to the latest version (6.6) by replacing its arm9loaderhax.bin file into the SD card and it should boot again

Reactions: jake6a

shafty710

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yo. I've been away for a while from the 3DS scene. I was hoping someone would help me with some basic issues.

My current setup:
- Luma 6.6 (I left everything unchecked when I started the CFW for the first time.)
- EmuNAND Ver. 11.0.0-33U
- SysNAND Ver. 9.2.0-20U
More info: When I boot, it automatically takes me to HBL (sometimes it freezes on a yellow screen.) From there, I scroll all the way down to my Luma Icon and that's how I launch to my CFW.

Question:
- How do I know if I'm using a9lh? I know it's a silly question; it's just been awhile since I've messed with this. The root of my SD has several folder and files. I'm sure some of it can be deleted. I've read that this method is the safest and best out there, so I'm interested in making it happen.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by shafty710,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Yo. I've been away for a while from the 3DS scene. I was hoping someone would help me with some basic issues.

My current setup:
- Luma 6.6 (I left everything unchecked when I started the CFW for the first time.)
- EmuNAND Ver. 11.0.0-33U
- SysNAND Ver. 9.2.0-20U
More info: When I boot, it automatically takes me to HBL (sometimes it freezes on a yellow screen.) From there, I scroll all the way down to my Luma Icon and that's how I launch to my CFW.

Question:
- How do I know if I'm using a9lh? I know it's a silly question; it's just been awhile since I've messed with this. The root of my SD has several folder and files. I'm sure some of it can be deleted. I've read that this method is the safest and best out there, so I'm interested in making it happen.

Thanks for the help.
You can use this https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP
The option called "System Info"

Also:
- If you have a folder called "payloads" inside your "luma" folder, then you probably are using a9lh
- If you can launch any app like hourglass9 or decrypt9 pressing start or up (these are the common buttons, but you could have another different conf)
then you're using a9lh
- If you go to System config and see "SYS" insted of "EMU", then you probably are using a9lh.
- If you' instead of launch luma when you're on the homebrew launcher, launch decrypt9 and works, then you're probably NOT using a9lh

Reactions: shafty710

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Just got a 3DS on 11.3.0 and made it so homebrew works. however it is best that I wait before going further (CFW & LUMA). That is what I'm getting from people talking but making sure. Maybe I'm being super careful but I['d rather not brick it and buy another 3DS. Trying to spend the snowy weekend setting up my 3DS
If your console is on 11.3 you can't install a9lh anyway. Homebrew is all you can do.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I soft modded a 3ds xl a short while ago, by the end of it it was in 11.2. What do I need to do to make sure it's up to date and stays up to date, I used the guide on github to hack the 3ds xl. Thanks in advance guys.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Last edited by TudorBlue,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I soft modded a 3ds xl a short while ago, by the end of it it was in 11.2. What do I need to do to make sure it's up to date and stays up to date, I used the guide on github to hack the 3ds xl. Thanks in advance guys.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk
Update Luma to 6.6 if not already using Luma Updater, then update through System Settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work