• Start date
  • Views 4,508,037
  • Replies 53,794
  • Likes 43

Super1710

Trophies
XP
Country
  • Do you have Hourglass9 in your luma/payloads folder?
  • Are you holding Start BEFORE you press power?
  • If yes to the above questions, test your SD card with H2testw.

It must be the sd card. I'll backup my files and test it, I'm quite confident in this solution, but I don't have time to do it now so I'll do it tomorrow and report back. Thanks.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Sugna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay well i'm having a problem were the screen goes black but the blue LED at the bottom pops up.

Eeverytime i get to Section IV on this guide - https://3ds.guide/region-changing

I reboot, hex editor has changed to 02 - meaning Europe. It gets stuck as a black screen. Until i either change it back to 01 or delete the new file i created... Why is this happening? Is there a better way to change my systems Region? This has happened twice to me

Hopalongtom

Trophies
XP
Country
It works for me. It's a magnet URL, so you have to install a torrent client first, like qBittorrent
Thanks, just figured that out with a little searching, have been a little nervous about using Torrent clients again for awhile now but looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and get it done!

The file it gave me is "2.1.0-4E_ctrtransfer_o3ds" though... I'm using a N3DS, won't that cause an issue?

Last edited by Hopalongtom,

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks, just figured that out with a little searching, have been a little nervous about using Torrent clients again for awhile now but looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and get it done!

The file it gave me is "2.1.0-4E_ctrtransfer_o3ds" though... I'm using a N3DS, won't that cause an issue?
Nope, you have to use it (the link on the guide says "New 3DS or Old 3DS or 2DS 2.1.0") since N3DS never had 2.1 officially, so you are going to use the O3DS one

Hopalongtom

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm I can get fasthax to successfully boot and do its thing, but safehax seems to fail to do anything.... it says I should be in Decrypt9 before I go adding the 2.1.0-4E_ctrtransfer_o3d and next steps.... are there some files that the guide isn't mentioning that I'm needing?

Edit: nevermind got that working. - Sorry about the paranoia and worry!

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Hi guys. I tried to randomize my Pokemon Sun using the SaltySD method. I dumped my .cia using HackingToolKit3DS.exe and then created SaltySD folder in my SD card and made the "a/1/8" folders (for example) and pasted the edited files... I also pasted the "Sun Patches" in "Luma/code_sections" and "data" folder in SaltySD/SunMoon... But i doesnt work. I have an O3DS so i dont know if that matters.

BTW: Im new to this, please dont use "dificult" words cause is hard for me to understand (and english is not my 1º lenguage)

Hopalongtom

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I'm at the point where I have to use the web browser to access "http://2xrsa.3ds.guide" on my downgraded system, that got me to the error "This page could not be found. Enter the address again?" message, I checked the troubleshooting guide and it said to clear the save data and try again, well once it did that it tried to reboot into the home menu and crashed.... I hard reset and now everything is flashing weird colours and desaturated, I still can't get the web browser to find that page!

Edit: tried again and this time the page loaded, but then froze the system!

Edit2: Tried a couple more times and it got it done, restoring my NAND backup now... fingers crossed.

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Haven't been around here in a long time.
Was wondering about flash carts?
Are they better/safer?
Do you still have to hack your 3DS? (I haven't updated since Majora)
Can I put all my games on one cart/sd card?
Can I put non 3ds games on one?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Haven't been around here in a long time.
Was wondering about flash carts?
Are they better/safer?
Do you still have to hack your 3DS? (I haven't updated since Majora)
Can I put all my games on one cart/sd card?
Can I put non 3ds games on one?
No need for a 3DS flashcart, but you might want a DS flashcart (DS emulation on 3DS is progressing but very buggy still).
You will install your games to your 3DS' SD card.
Yes you can install VC games as well, so Gameboy, GBA, etc. SNES if you have a new 3DS.

Reactions: SatisFaction

Gofawu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I think these questions have already been asked but I did not find it so I ask them.

1 - Can i du update by the console for game i have install in CIA?
2 - Can i play only with game install in CIA?

(i'm on the last update of my old 3DS with HomeBrew, FBI and Luma)

Simple question but i don't find any answer :/

Thanks! :D

Matezoide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a GBA emulator that i can just download as a .cia file? Opening homebrew every time is getting somewhat annoying, and my knowledge on setting up better emulators than mGBA is lacking.

Is there something that is "Go to FBI, install and be done forever"?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a GBA emulator that i can just download as a .cia file? Opening homebrew every time is getting somewhat annoying, and my knowledge on setting up better emulators than mGBA is lacking.

mgba is also in cia form, and slightly faster (assuming you have New 3DS).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,
I think these questions have already been asked but I did not find it so I ask them.

1 - Can i du update by the console for game i have install in CIA?
2 - Can i play only with game install in CIA?

(i'm on the last update of my old 3DS with HomeBrew, FBI and Luma)

Simple question but i don't find any answer :/

Thanks! :D
1-yes
2-don't understand question but probably yes

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

You can also install GBA games in cia form.

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
GBC games don't need to reboot, so just EmuNAND.

what did you do ?

So is that how you install GBA cia? to sysnand and emunand?

Not sure how to do it? I have FBI but I understand I cant just install using the normal methods like for a nes or snes game ?

?
If you want to play the GBC VC (RBY) you don't need to install to both Sys and EmuNAND, but for GBA, you do need to do that.

Thanks but I want to install GBA using FBI

.... I answered your question, so what does that mean? Go and install, you need to install to both EmuNAND and SysNAND.

FBI is a .cia file installer and I want to know how to inject a Game Boy Advance game in .cia format onto my NEW 3DS

That's definitely not what you asked me. lol.

And you didn't bother looking anywhere.....
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/

9c513dbd1ffc2d6299bcd17ee0423ee4.png

if its a problem to help someone if its such a pain then why bother ??? lol
also try reading things through? perhaps double checking might help you bro, then it might not waste both our time yeah

Question:

Answer: ??

do you get it now bro ?

... You quoted a completely unrelated post, fyi. I was answering a question about GBC, which is unrelated to GBA, and you quoted it. Not to mention, can you not do a 2 second Google Search to find your answer?

Perhaps being coherent might help you. Not only did I already give you what you need, you quoted me when I was talking about a completely different thing. FYI, GBC != GBA.

As such, I'll throw your words right back at you - "perhaps double checking might help you bro". Try reading what I'm saying before jumping in with an unrelated question.
are you serious dude ? I asked you a simple question which is clearly related. this is a 3DS thread for noobs mate not a GBC thread.
read that ^^^^^^^ and tell me you don't come across as a total ass wipe?

also the links that you so helpfully found did not tell me how to install GBA cia files but only how to convert them or download them already converted.
which is not what I asked I asked how to INSTALL THEM NOT CONVERT THEM!!!!

if you asked someone for help in the supermarket would you expect a response in the same manner you responded to me?

You: Excuse me sir do you know where the orange juice is? I cant find it
stranger: The mayonnaise is over in that corner.
You: oh thank you sir but I'm looking for the orange juice
stranger: i've already answered your question what do you want ?
You: No you see I'm looking for Tropicana orange juice
stranger: that's definitely not what you asked me lol (hahaha look at this dumb guy i'll laugh at him) cant you use your eyes and take 5 seconds to search for it by yourself. idiot !!

Is that how your mother taught you to communicate ?

Like i said if its a bother then don't freaking bother helping you rude fool.

and don't let your attitude and pride get in the way son. remember we are all human son the deference is some of us can communicate better than others. and some of us can read and some of us have been raised better than others.

and for you information GBA games do not have to be installed on sysnand and emunand so after all that you were freaking wrong bro.
No idea about how SNES emulation works, but I don't think people have tried it on the o3DS. It will probably crash or be unbearably slow. Try it, I guess.
you seem to have no idea how GBA emulation works also.
maybe you just need a big hug mate.
*hugs*

Last edited by Hi-Dro,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you serious dude ? I asked you a simple question which is clearly related. this is a 3DS thread for noobs mate not a GBC thread.

also the links that you so helpfully found did not tell me how to install GBA cia files but only how to convert them or download them already converted.

if you asked someone for help in the supermarket would you expect a response in the same manner you responded to me?

stranger: that's definitely not what you asked me lol (hahaha look at this dumb guy i'll laugh at him) cant you use your eyes and take 5 seconds to search for it by yourself. idiot !!

and don't let your attitude and pride get in the way son. remember we are all human son the deference is some of us can communicate better than others. and some of us can read and some of us have been raised better than others.
this is completely unnecessary and only deters people from helping you. mind calming down please?
and for you information GBA games do not have to be installed on sysnand and emunand so after all that you were freaking wrong bro.
GBA games, if using the "VC", do need to be installed to both NANDs(if you want to access them from emunand), or just sysnand. if using an emulator(mGBA, gpSP, ...), this does not count as you're not using the special mode for it). other systems like GB, GBC, SNES, etc do not use a special mode like this so don't need to be on both.

Last edited by ihaveahax,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

you seem to have no idea how GBA emulation works also.
maybe you just need a big hug mate.
*hugs*
... First. It's not related. Take a look at what I answered. It clearly referred to the GBC, which is NOT the GBA. Why would you even quote my post? lmao.

Second, converting them is definitely needed for the 3DS. Installing them afterwards is the same as any other CIA, save for the fact that, if you use EmuNAND, you need to install to both NANDs if you want to use them in EmuNAND....

Son? My mother? You feel like that gives you an edge over me? Lmao.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and with yourself :creep:
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    As a reminder crack pipes left in the lobby will be thrown away, the DMV is not responsible for lost crack pipes!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get crackin'
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Yeah this Eero router is way better than the one my ISP gave me, still might need to buy one but until then this one is better lol
    The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol
    What's weird is that they both have about the same speed in bandwidth but the Comcast one feels laggy like click something and it takes a second to load, the Eero one is just instant lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: What's weird is that they both have about the same speed in bandwidth but the Comcast one feels...