• Start date
  • Views 4,437,628
  • Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
this is completely unnecessary and only deters people from helping you. mind calming down please?

GBA games, if using the "VC", do need to be installed to both NANDs(if you want to access them from emunand), or just sysnand. if using an emulator(mGBA, gpSP, ...), this does not count as you're not using the special mode for it). other systems like GB, GBC, SNES, etc do not use a special mode like this so don't need to be on both.

have a day off mate! I'm calm as a palm tree
and as for your help as its wrong and outdated. I wont be needing it thanks.

for anyone who's curious if you have A9LH+Luma like me I didn't need to install my GBA games to both NANDs, in fact I understand that that emuNAND is now outdated. so I installed them in the exact same way as I install any other virtual console game, through my FBI installer.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
have a day off mate! I'm calm as a palm tree

for anyone who's curious if you have A9LH+Luma like me I didn't need to install my GBA games to both NANDs, in fact I understand that that emuNAND is now outdated. so I installed them in the exact same way as I install any other virtual console game, through my FBI installer.
Again. My first reply was me confused because you quoted an unrelated post about the GBC VC. However, I DID answer your question - You need to install to both NANDs. Since you asked if you needed to do it, I obviously assumed you had EmuNAND...

Reactions: Quantumcat

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
... First. It's not related. Take a look at what I answered. It clearly referred to the GBC, which is NOT the GBA. Why would you even quote my post? lmao.

Second, converting them is definitely needed for the 3DS. Installing them afterwards is the same as any other CIA, save for the fact that, if you use EmuNAND, you need to install to both NANDs if you want to use them in EmuNAND....

Son? My mother? You feel like that gives you an edge over me? Lmao.

The fact that we were talking about NAND'S would mean to most people that they are totally related lol I just brought up a different format of games makes it totally unrelated in your eyes smh

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me. ...

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
The fact that we were talking about NAND'S would mean to most people that they are totally related lol I just brought up a different format of games makes it totally unrelated in your eyes smh
... Again.

GBC isn't GBA.

I was answering a question by someone else.

You quoted me asking about GBA.

I didn't understand why you quoted me.

I still said you do need to install to both NANDs, because, given your post, I'd obviously assume you use EmuNAND. If you don't have EmuNAND, why would you even mention it? It's obviously going to confuse people.

Why did you even quote me in the first place?

And then you start with the insults... lmao.

You've earned a place in my ignore list.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
except it's not, this is common knowledge. the only exception is a linked emunand+sysnand, but most people don't have that due to other issues related to it. if you don't have an emunand/rednand this doesn't apply at all...... nor does it to other VCs. DSiware has a similar issue but must be installed to both regardless of being linked.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Am I better off faffing about getting the SD out of the back of my n3DS to transfer CIA's or are any of these FTP apps worth it?
If you're installing a normal game then use freeShop.

If you're installing a game that's not on freeShop, use SocketPunch + FBI, then you won't have to transfer it first and all install it. SocketPunch can install over the network.

The inbuilt ftp program works fine (in System Settings -> Data Management -> SD) if only using it occasionally, if using it more often then one of the ftp apps installed to the Home Menu will be quicker to access. But to be honest I've never gotten a single one to work while the official one had worked for me every time.

XP_version1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're installing a normal game then use freeShop.

If you're installing a game that's not on freeShop, use SocketPunch + FBI, then you won't have to transfer it first and all install it. SocketPunch can install over the network.

The inbuilt ftp program works fine (in System Settings -> Data Management -> SD) if only using it occasionally, if using it more often then one of the ftp apps installed to the Home Menu will be quicker to access. But to be honest I've never gotten a single one to work while the official one had worked for me every time.

Cheers, I'll look into SocketPunch then.

For normal games, is freeShop the way to go now? I've previously used CIAangel because it had DLC and updates too.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Cheers, I'll look into SocketPunch then.

For normal games, is freeShop the way to go now? I've previously used CIAangel because it had DLC and updates too.
Yep freeShop has DLC and updates too now. The only thing separating them is that CIAngel can create cia files as well as install them, which freeShop doesn't do.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

What do you mean? I use FTPD all the time .. Several times a week, and have no issues. Well, I had the issue with windows where windows felt like telling me that it can't connect to the 3DS due to proxy or w/e but that's just some weird bug .. Fixed it by starting to use an actual FTP client on my PC (FileZilla).

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the arm9loaderhax.bin file unique for the console? I'm doing a system transfer, and want to know if I can pop in the SD card as is or if I need to replace this file with the one from the new console.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
is the arm9loaderhax.bin file unique for the console? I'm doing a system transfer, and want to know if I can pop in the SD card as is or if I need to replace this file with the one from the new console.
No, the ARM9 payload (I assume it is something like Luma) is not console unique.

Reactions: N64

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Just for another NNID on the same console, could you direct me on to where I should look?
Just back up your files on the SD, grab EmuNAND9 and format the SD and create an EmuNAND. Then, you can choose whether to boot Emu or SysNAND on your CFW's settings, provided it supports both. Corbenik and Luma both do.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
so theres no issues if A9LH is on the nand?
Absolutely no issue. Just, after you make the EmuNAND, format one of the NANDs with TinyFormat to unlink them. And don't forget that AGB/TWL titles need to be installed to both NANDs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.