• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hello! I'm really interested in getting dev firmware on my emunand, but there is no tutorial on how to get it on N3DS. My 3ds region is USA, I have Luma 3ds. (I made a backup of my emunand and tried installing the dev firmware, but I get a CTRNand error when booting into emunand. I restored the backup.) Any help is appreciated.
Dev firmware can only be installed on dev consoles

Bmangia2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I broke my 3ds trying to hard mod it and now that you don't need to do that I bought a used 3ds on ebay. When I hack it will I be able to use the saves from my broken new 3ds sd card on the new new one or will i need to activate my account on it first.

doughmay

Huh. Time went by fast.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I broke my 3ds trying to hard mod it and now that you don't need to do that I bought a used 3ds on ebay. When I hack it will I be able to use the saves from my broken new 3ds sd card on the new new one or will i need to activate my account on it first.
Well, after hacking you would need to do it on your old SD card as you'll need this for your saves, follow 3ds.guide and if you have an otp.bin from your previous system delete it and it can brick the new system. Once you have the basic 3ds.guide hack, I would get a save manager to backup your saves. Activating an NNID is optional I did it on my 2ds and it shouldn't affect the system very much if at all. Once you have your saves backed up onto the SD card. Go to your PC and copy the saves or the SD entire SD card. Then with your new s SD card copy everything back. Insert the SD card back into your system then redownload your games if you have a save from Pokemon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire or Animal Crossing New Leaf you're going to need savedatafiler to delete the secure value and inject the save. Hope that helps :/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah it's gone then. The old SD has been put to use with my PSP.

Could someone give me an easy guide or tips on what I should do now?
My N3DS is on 9.2.0-20E with Menuhax (loads HBL if I don't press anything on boot). And I used to have Luma EmuNAND before the above mentioned stuff.

What steps do I do to get my 3DS back up and running with CFW? Do I start from the start of the guide or can I skip to some steps out in the guide.

Thanks for your help thus far proflayton123 and HyperT :)
Don't skip any steps. Start from 3ds.guide/get-started and do everything it tells you.

garache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it anyway possible to have two NNID from different regions on the same 3DS?

Just like with the Vita, where you can have two PSN accounts but you gotta format the console and memory card in order to swap.

deadlystriker

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello guys, I got a error when using a .cia of another localization (fire emblem: fates), i downloaded the DLCs and when i go in game to the buy stories menu, it says that i didn't Validate the EULA, but i did. I heard that a few steps need to be done, but they need a torrent client, but my PC refuses. could someone post a MEGA link or something like that so i can download those files? if i read this correctly:
  • Download the bbb-devkittools rar file and 3ds to cia tool
  • extract both files
  • Navigate to \bbb-devkittools\SDK-2.3.4
  • Take the Config.csu file and move it to \3DS Simple CIA Converter v4.3\roms
  • Change the extention of Config.csu to Config.3ds
  • run 3ds_simple_cia and click convert 3DS ROM to CIA
  • Select the roms file
  • Navigate to \3DS Simple CIA Converter v4.3\cia
  • Move Config.cia to your 3ds sd card
  • Install with FBI
  • Open the Config application on your home menu
  • click on Eula Setting
  • change the agree version to ff.ff (click down on the dpad it's faster)
, i need just the config.csu. Thanks!

Edit: I have a O3ds full homebrew arm9loaderhax, does steps changes or are the same?

Last edited by deadlystriker,

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
how can i cheat? is there a cheat-engine CIA for N3DS 11.2 Luma3DS full A9LH ?
Search around for NTR

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it anyway possible to have two NNID from different regions on the same 3DS?

Just like with the Vita, where you can have two PSN accounts but you gotta format the console and memory card in order to swap.
Only with Emunand

daragh23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi,

I've a Sky 3DS+ on a 11.0.0-33E and most game back ups work great

Im trying to use a Super Mario Maker for 3DS rom but am not getting any luck with various sources. Most of these roms will have ".3ds.bad" at the end of the file after trying to load it. I have searched fourms and cant find a solution.

The roms are all labelled as Eur and contain CONTRAST or EUR_MULTi8 or PUSSYCAT in the title.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

deadlystriker

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello guys, I got a error when using a .cia of another localization (fire emblem: fates), i downloaded the DLCs and when i go in game to the buy stories menu, it says that i didn't Validate the EULA, but i did. I heard that a few steps need to be done, but they need a torrent client, but my PC refuses. could someone post a MEGA link or something like that so i can download those files? if i read this correctly:

, i need just the config.csu. Thanks!

Edit: I have a O3ds full homebrew arm9loaderhax, does steps changes or are the same?
Edit 2:Found it by searching a little more, no need to do it. Thanks anyways.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

I've a Sky 3DS+ on a 11.0.0-33E and most game back ups work great

Im trying to use a Super Mario Maker for 3DS rom but am not getting any luck with various sources. Most of these roms will have ".3ds.bad" at the end of the file after trying to load it. I have searched fourms and cant find a solution.

The roms are all labelled as Eur and contain CONTRAST or EUR_MULTi8 or PUSSYCAT in the title.

Any help or advice would be appreciated
If you install a9lh, you can install freeShop which will let you download games right to your 3DS without worrying about looking for games on the net. That will be much easier. The ones you're finding aren't full, unaltered dumps of game cartridges and can't be used with the Sky3DS.
3ds.guide/get-started

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I went through and did it AGAIN same black on top and red on bottom glitch. I can't figure it out.
Red screen means you don't have boot.3dsx. Either you've forgotten to download it, or it's corrupted, or your SD card is broken or SD reader slot is broken (last two unlikely since you are able to run the m4a file).

Matezoide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Been a while since i made a dumb question.

Ok, i followed the guide and it worked perfectly. I have Arm9Loader and etc.

Is it safe to turn on the Wi-Fi on my New 3DSXL? Streetpass? What are the precautions i should take?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Is it safe to turn on the Wi-Fi on my New 3DSXL? Streetpass? What are the precautions i should take?
Everything's safe. For precautions, keep your NAND backup in a safe place, and maybe keep your saves backed up regularly with JKSM as well. You might also like to get your NAND's xorpads as well in the event your console dies/is stolen/is lost and you want to extract some data from the NAND backup. I think you can do this with Decrypt9.

MadenameXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to troubleshoot why my friend's FBI isn't letting him install CIA files. He installed Rune Factory 4, Megaman Zero, the Maplestory game, and a few other GBA games yesterday, but today it's not letting him choose any options besides the copy, paste, delete commands.

The simple troubleshooting we've done includes replacing the CIAs with fresh from the ZIP copies, moving to a different folder, restarting his 3DS, and checking the version of his FBI. He's freshly installed homebrew as of yesterday with the ARM9 loader following the official guide for getting homebrew set up with Luma.

xAlpha12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
game Cias do not show up on the home screen except the basic ones like nintendo sound and FBi. I still have the contents on my sd card. So I tried to install them again but it says i already have the cia, so how do I get the games to show up again I'm using luma with a9lh if that helps.

Last edited by xAlpha12,

doughmay

Huh. Time went by fast.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Assuming you have a9lh+cfw you should be fine. Nintendo ninjas only try to ban you if your stupid enough to download a game before release and go online, but for normal purposes yes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
game Cias do not show up on the home screen except the basic ones like nintendo sound and FBi. I still have the contents on my sd card. So I tried to install them again but it says i already have the cia, so how do I get the games to show up again I'm using luma with a9lh if that helps.

go to settins --> data management and select nintendo 3ds--> software, what do you see there? if the title is greyed out with red X, you need to reinstall the tickets.
you can use fbi to install your tickets as ticket files, or you use the scan qr code option.

Last edited by Fil o_O,

xAlpha12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
go to settins --> data management and select nintendo 3ds--> software, what do you see there? if the title is greyed out with red X, you need to reinstall the tickets.
you can use fbi to install your tickets as ticket files, or you use the scan qr code option.
they are not even there anymore

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...