• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

JC4Ever97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just follow the 3ds.guide if youre after a9lh+luma. It will make backups at the right time.
Otherwise Decrypt9 if your best option.
Yeah I already have Luma3DS + A9LH. Would like to make a backup of it. Just in case.

Curious question - is it really necessary to do a backup after successfully installing A9LH + Luma3DS? Or is the NANDmin.bin that is backed up before installing A9LH and Luma3DS already sufficient/enough?

rafaeloz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
whats the difference between safehax and fastHax?

those who are with CFW from the guide have to bother to do something when this fasthax goes out stable?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

those who are with CFW from the guide have to bother to do something when this fasthax goes out stable?
https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_System_Flaws#arm9loader
fasthax: gives K11 access. require userland access (homebrew) Not fixed, usable on current.
safefirmhax (aka safehax): gives K9 access. requires K11 access. K9 access allows you install cfw. Not fixed, usable on current.
Both are used together in general guide.

memchunkhax2 (and memchunkhax2.1): gives gives K11 access. require userland access (homebrew). fixed on FW 11.0 Allows downgrading.
There a hax on 9.2 that gives K9 access.

K11 access: Allows downgrading
K9 access: allow cfw and requires K11 access

Nope. rather if you already have a9lh and luma, don't bother with guide. guide only to get cfw.

Last edited by YyAoMmIi,

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
If I did the most common mistake coping arm9.bin instead of armoaderhax9.bin to ctrnand during a9lh install process.
What would be the best way correcting this mistake?

Cant start the n3ds without the sdcard in.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I did the most common mistake coping arm9.bin instead of armoaderhax9.bin to ctrnand during a9lh install process.
What would be the best way correcting this mistake?

Cant start the n3ds without the sdcard in.

Simply delete the arm9.bin and replace it with the arm9loaderhax.bin in CTR NAND.

Reactions: biggan1

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
Simply delete the arm9.bin and replace it with the arm9loaderhax.bin in CTR NAND.

Okay I was thinking the same thing. But wanted to make sure.

Thought about that or redoing some of the 3ds.guide, since I got some kind of strange 3d issue after upgrading the 9.2 back up sysnand(And doing everything that needs to be done) I always get that strange 3d glitch after system upgrade.

Its really strange, some people said it could be hardwarefault, but why does the 3d work as intended before I upgrade to 11.2?

Its really been a hazzle and I cant figure out what could be wrong. :(

Anyone got any ideas?

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here i am, scrubbing out again. This time, Splash Screens:

So I made a splash screen for luma, and it loads up top and bottom just fine, but the gif doesn't play. Just sits at the first frame. Anyone have any ideas?

Lubre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit i also forgot to ask another thing, sorry.

I don't have a 32 gb 3DS right now, can i do the process and then use this guide to transfer the content from the one that came with it?

To play GBA/SNES roms i just need to install the .cia like i would do for a 3DS game?

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit i also forgot to ask another thing, sorry.

I don't have a 32 gb 3DS right now, can i do the process and then use this guide to transfer the content from the one that came with it?

To play GBA/SNES roms i just need to install the .cia like i would do for a 3DS game?
If you have atleast 1 GB free you can do the whole process, and to transfer files just drag them to the other sd

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Lubre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah install the snes9x cia and put your roms in the right directory on your sd card

Ok, just use the emulator, got it.

If you have atleast 1 GB free you can do the whole process, and to transfer files just drag them to the other sd

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Huh, that does seem faster. Thank you.

Metothic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello. I have a problem with FBI/cias. With some cias, the option to install is not there, and with others, the option is there but when i open the game, it doesn't work. I tried getting Freeshop but doesn't work either. I was told to get BigBlueMenu, but i don't know how to install it, since i'm using FBI and the install cia option is not there. I used this process https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax and tried to get BBM by http://madloader.com/bigbluemenu-3ds-homebrew/. What can i do?

dibchez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has there been a fix/solution to those that keep getting the .sha check error when doing the ctr transfer? I've tried three different sd cards and still get the error

:/

Keon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When trying to install NTR plugin via FBI,the BootNTR.cia is there but there isn't an option to install it. Anyone know the problem? Im on Luma 3DS btw

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When trying to install NTR plugin via FBI,the BootNTR.cia is there but there isn't an option to install it. Anyone know the problem? Im on Luma 3DS btw
use bootntrselector

also, you still have to put the plugin you find via computer/file transfer. can't do that directly 3ds yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)