• Likes 43

super_franzs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The 3DS Guide tells you how. A quote from the guide:
  • If you have already hacked your 3DS before to get an EmuNAND setup, and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, you should follow all instructions and restore your existing EmuNAND when prompted once you reach Installing arm9loaderhax.
So .. Follow the guide as if you were installing it on a stock 3DS with no CFW installed, and the steps later on will tell you how to transfer existing setup over, if wanted.

I will try. Everybody keeps linking me to that site, I find it hard to read and navigate.

Luma CFW did fix my issue though.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I will try. Everybody keeps linking me to that site, I find it hard to read and navigate.

Luma CFW did fix my issue though.

The start of the guide is in the "image" banner of the site .. says Get Started. The only issue I've had the site initially with was finding that damn button. The guide itself is very easy to follow. It seems complicated, because it is, but most of the work is just transferring files over to your SD card lol. Just read it carefully and follow it step by step.

super_franzs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The start of the guide is in the "image" banner of the site .. says Get Started. The only issue I've had the site initially with was finding that damn button. The guide itself is very easy to follow. It seems complicated, because it is, but most of the work is just transferring files over to your SD card lol. Just read it carefully and follow it step by step.
OK, thanks a lot for your time.

Jerros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can either get a hardmod or do a DSiWare downgrade.

The DSiWare downgrade is DSI only right? I should've mentioned I have an old 3ds. So basically I'm screwed unless I can get my hands on a copy of Cubic Ninja or one of those other games? I believe those still work right...

I don't really understand what was your thought process when you went into this and what you intended to do though? Why did you upgrade your sysNAND?

I THOUGHT the whole point of having a sysNAND backup was so that you could always restore back, as it's a legit NAND dump from this specifik system. And that it would hence not be a problem to update, as... you know... I had a backup...

I just want to be able to extract/insert save files again lol.

Last edited by Jerros,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The DSiWare downgrade is DSI only right? I should've mentioned I have an old 3ds. So basically I'm screwed unless I can get my hands on a copy of Cubic Ninja or one of those other games? I believe those still work right...

I THOUGHT the whole point of having a sysNAND backup was so that you could always restore back, as it's a legit NAND dump from this specifik system. And that it would hence not be a problem to update, as... you know... I had a backup...

I just want to be able to extract/insert save files again lol.

Its called DSiWare but the DSiWare downgrade is intended for O3DS and N3DS systems. To do the DSiWare downgrade you need another 3DS, and because you have O3DS, it also has to be O3DS, that is already running CFW.

I don't know much about the game-related hax so someone else can reply more on this but I believe OOTHax is the most popular one, which requires Ocarina of Time cartridge and powersaves device. This would allow you to inject and extract saves and running homebrew, but you would not be able to downgrade or install pirated games for example.

Ps. You should've still upgraded emuNAND, not sysNAND. You used Gateway so you used emuNAND, no? Having the back up would let you go back, but you can't access Homebrew (duh), so you can't. You should've at the very least read up on it before doing it. What I found weird about your thought process is that if you update sysNAND then go back with a backup you'd be where you started so what's the point? Hence updating emunand..

Ah well no use crying over spilled milk .. but yeah for future reference.

Last edited by Distrance,
Reactions: Quantumcat

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been out of the scene for the past 18 months and am completely lost. I used to help out a lot in this very thread. I have 3 New 3DS XLs, a couple of Gateway cards, at least one Cubic Ninja and maybe an OOT (if the boys haven't permanently lost it). All on Sysnand 9.0 or 9.2. Not sure what emunand they have I don't think I made it past 9.6 or 7.

So I need update them to current standards but am lost with all the new techniques. My basic goal is to just be able to play backups. From there branch out once I understand all this new fangelled stuff the community has cooked up.

Can anyone help me start on the path forward? Are the Gateways still valid?

Thanks all.

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like you know what number 1 means since you accidentally did it. For number 2, that just means keep them plugged in, and don't let their batteries fall out if you're doing it without the back plate on.
Ah, I see. Thanks. I'll wait until the 21st and try the system transfer again when I wake up on the following day.

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get steps 19-23 on Section 6 of the guide. It says to unmount the SD Card, remove it, and reboot the system, but whenever I do that the system never boots after removing the SD Card. Is this final step necessary? Please help!

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Can anyone help me start on the path forward? Are the Gateways still valid?

Thanks all.

The only thing you would use Gateway for is extended cheat-capabilities (or so I hear). That's literally all it offers. A9LH+Luma will let you install CIA's directly onto your SD card, and you may go online with them, as CIA's don't have a private header. While a backup on GW (if not your own) will most definitely get your console banned as the private header is not yours. As such, if you don't cheat, there's literally and absolutely no reason to use Gateway. It is easy however, to set it up to work with A9LH+Luma after you've completed the setup. You would then launch Gateway holding a button of your choosing while powering on the device. If you do use Gateway though with A9LH+Luma, do NOT EVER update while in GW mode or you will brick.

I don't get steps 19-23 on Section 6 of the guide. It says to unmount the SD Card, remove it, and reboot the system, but whenever I do that the system never boots after removing the SD Card. Is this final step necessary? Please help!

Section 6 tells us nothing, as there are multiple parts of the guide with Section VI. I am assuming you mean the part where you install FBI using the injection into Health & Safety? If the device does not reboot after removing SD card, just force turn it off. It doesn't really matter. Then turn it on, and the Luma setup should pop up, then follow the instructions.

If however, you mean that your console is powered off but when you boot it without SD card nothing happens then I would assume you did something wrong in a previous step, presumably the step where you installed Luma seeing as this step has to do with configuring Luma further.

Last edited by Distrance,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
That means you didn't follow steps 7-11

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew what he meant, as I know why the guide would be asking you to attempt to boot without the SD card, and also he said "is this final step necessary" meaning it is near the end :P
Okay, not sure who you are talking to but it sounds like you are talking about me.

Anyway I just did it again and it didn't work still. Please tell me what the use in doing this and if it is necessary to complete this. And why isn't it working?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, not sure who you are talking to but it sounds like you are talking about me.

Anyway I just did it again and it didn't work still. Please tell me what the use in doing this and if it is necessary to complete this. And why isn't it working?
You're either making a mistake with the steps or you're not using the latest Luma.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You're either making a mistake with the steps or you're not using the latest Luma.

You should tell him what the use of this step is, though :rolleyes: . Frankly I have no idea, but if I was him and could not get it working I'd probably get lazy and just skip the step (assuming it'd work fine anyway). As such, if the step is crucial, then do tell.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
image.jpg

image.jpg

If you go into FBI and go to CTR-NAND, do you see arm9loaderhax.bin?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo