• Views 4,462,275
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

alexg1989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, well i will likely get the new 3ds $100.00 version in a couple weeks depending on the answers i get.

Is the current 3ds firmware able to run homebred and 3ds game backups?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, well i will likely get the new 3ds $100.00 version in a couple weeks depending on the answers i get.

Is the current 3ds firmware able to run homebred and 3ds game backups?
Homebrew: yes
Game backups: not without either a hardmod, DSiware downgrade with another system with custom firmware, a Gateway, or Sky3DS.

The Black Friday $100 n3DS supposedly come with 11.0.0-33, according to reddit.

Delrik

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
alright so im following the guide to downgrade and install arm9loader and so on, and I have followed every step and when I load SafeA9LHinstaller and press select to install i get this error "payload_stage1.bin doesn't exist or exceeds max size". Any idea what I can do to fix this?
@KunoichiZ or anyone

Last edited by Delrik,

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So i did the dsi downgrade but what i dont unterstand: why do i need the sys transfer? I couldnt i just install the game in the target and inject the safe fia homebrow launcher?

trinhno

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So i did the dsi downgrade but what i dont unterstand: why do i need the sys transfer? I couldnt i just install the game in the target and inject the safe fia homebrow launcher?
You can't access the TWL Nand because you don't have the necessary permission on firmware 11, so no injection of save on that.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Morning guys, quick question, I've got 2 3ds xls to hack, once done, is there a cheat system for the roms, like on the original ds and flash cards?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
And why dont you just add the following to the guide?:
Nand backup & Tinyformat source 3ds.
Buy dsi game and install save
Systransfer and restor backup?

Wouldnt that make the nnid Problem mutch easier?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So trying to hack another N3DS.

The nandmin.bin backup cant be copied over to pc after 25%. (says no access to the file suddenly)

I tried 4 different microSD cards now, same issue.

Whats going on?

edit:
nevermind. Looks like all 4 of those SD cards are not functioning properly :P a brand new one worked fine.

Last edited by ,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
And why dont you just add the following to the guide?:
Nand backup & Tinyformat source 3ds.
Buy dsi game and install save
Systransfer and restor backup?

Wouldnt that make the nnid Problem mutch easier?
TinyFormat formats the console without contacting the Nintendo servers. So according to Nintendo servers the NNID is still linked with the console. It will probably ask you to sign in when you go on the eShop to buy the game and also before the system transfer. So gain nothing except clearing your data.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Morning guys, quick question, I've got 2 3ds xls to hack, once done, is there a cheat system for the roms, like on the original ds and flash cards?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
NTR

What is RxTools and is it necessary to get if I can just update via FreeMultiPatcher or get cia files via that iso site???

Thanks
RxTools is outdated. I can't understand your question but 99/100 the answer is to follow https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started

alright so im following the guide to downgrade and install arm9loader and so on, and I have followed every step and when I load SafeA9LHinstaller and press select to install i get this error "payload_stage1.bin doesn't exist or exceeds max size". Any idea what I can do to fix this?
@KunoichiZ or anyone
Did you copy every file as instructed? Do you have payload_stage1.bin? I think in your a9lh folder.

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

PR3D4TOR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi,

I have currently a N3ds with working Gateway Emunand stuff (can play .cia games and so on)

now i have found a rom hack of a Pokemon game which says i can only play it on Reinand 4.1 or Luma CFW.

Can you tell me on how to switch from Gateway to this CFW? Can i still use all my programs (save editor stuff and so on) i installed on my gateway emunand?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Quick Version on a CIA's version.

When TitleManager say (fake version, example):

What are MAJOR, MINOR, and MICRO?
I mean, in what order?

Is 2 MAJOR, 4 MINOR, and 6 MICRO?

Tim51688

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to this I decided to hardmod my o3dsxl and bricked it. My biggest mistake from what I've read is i bought the cheap 15w radioshack iron. So i ordered a new board on ebay it was cheap because it said it had to be plugged in to use and i figured i might be able to fix that issue. I ended up with a demo unit board. My question is that since it's a demo unit and it won't restart is it possible to softmod or hardmod when it tells me to restart i hold the power button and my only option is shut down. The new board was firmware 8.1.2. My old one was the newest firmware which is why i tried to hardmod. When i shutdown the system it comes right back on and when i plug it in it comes right to home menu.

Clarity_Page

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I used to softmod my Wii and run a R4DS so I'm not a softmod noob... however it has been some years since then so I am a tad rusty. I have looked into how to install the homebrew channel wich looks pretty easy, (I have a old 3DS XL on os 11.0.0.33E and a physical copy of Freaky Forms) however i would like to instal CFW so i can run games from my SD (and stop carrying those oh so loosable cards around) and Im not sure where to begin with installing it..

so I have a few dumn questins
which CFW is best?
with cfw can i still run legit DS+3DS games?
will my classic R4 card work for DS roms?
will the cfw run homebrew apps/games?
whats with the diferent NAND options?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg