• Views 4,570,383
  • Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

Checking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, ill ask again since didn't get a answer.
I have a New 3DS XL , but latest firmware so i got my hand on a OLD 3DS with firmware 5.1.0-11E.
Now, I manage to get into the homebrew on 3DS XL with NinjaHax, but whenever I try it on
the OLD one it just gives me black screen scanning the QR Code and then boots to Home Menu and restarts the OLD 3DS.
So, here is what ive done step by step.
1. Made Copy of Ninja.Sav file on my PC and removed it from my Sky3ds+ card.
2. Put it in OLD 3DS Sky3DS+ boot it up and went to scan QR code.
3. It scans it, makes some white lines, black screen and...
4. Boots to Home Menu asking to restart.

So, question is. Do i need to update the OLD 3DS to like 9.0 to use NinjaHax 2 instead of 1?
If so, which game does have it? I know need a untrimmed rom to get the firmware , but unsure of which one.

I have couple of 3Ds games and I want to rip the Private Header to get Online on my New 3DS XL. Is why i need to all of this.

https://m.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/wiki/ninjhax?v=1f003192-7481-11e4-b8a3-12313b0e4cd0
Is where I got the code.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, ill ask again since didn't get a answer.
I have a New 3DS XL , but latest firmware so i got my hand on a OLD 3DS with firmware 5.1.0-11E.
Now, I manage to get into the homebrew on 3DS XL with NinjaHax, but whenever I try it on
the OLD one it just gives me black screen scanning the QR Code and then boots to Home Menu and restarts the OLD 3DS.
So, here is what ive done step by step.
1. Made Copy of Ninja.Sav file on my PC and removed it from my Sky3ds+ card.
2. Put it in OLD 3DS Sky3DS+ boot it up and went to scan QR code.
3. It scans it, makes some white lines, black screen and...
4. Boots to Home Menu asking to restart.

So, question is. Do i need to update the OLD 3DS to like 9.0 to use NinjaHax 2 instead of 1?
If so, which game does have it? I know need a untrimmed rom to get the firmware , but unsure of which one.

I have couple of 3Ds games and I want to rip the Private Header to get Online on my New 3DS XL. Is why i need to all of this.

https://m.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/wiki/ninjhax?v=1f003192-7481-11e4-b8a3-12313b0e4cd0
Is where I got the code.
Ninjhax 2.x does not work on any fw below 9.0. Ninjhax 1.x is extremely outdated, and probably does not work with anything in existence right now. Follow this instead for cfw: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/

GinOkami428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, how would one make a switch from Reinand to Luma? I'm currently using Menuhax to coldboot my N3DS to Reinand (11.0 I think) via EmuNand. But with Reinand currently being inactive, I need to make a change. Can I still use the EmuNand I have or what do I need to do?

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use Hourglass9 (keep pressing START while booting)
Hourglass9 always keeps your A9LH untouched.

But if you formatted the console after that NAND backup, you''ll also need the corresponding "Nintendo 3DS" folder on the root of the SD if you want the contentes that were with it.

Also, let's say I was on an newer system version by that point in time and the NAND backup is on an older version. Would that cause conflicts?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, how would one make a switch from Reinand to Luma? I'm currently using Menuhax to coldboot my N3DS to Reinand (11.0 I think) via EmuNand. But with Reinand currently being inactive, I need to make a change. Can I still use the EmuNand I have or what do I need to do?
You need to replace the ReiNAND files with Luma ones, and edit your boot.cfg.

Chaos8425

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have what's probably a generic and already asked problem but I don't want to search through 1529 pages of posts so I'll say it: this has only started happening recently, but when I try to add ANY homebrew app to my 3ds, they show up with no icon and the description says unknown publisher (it used to work normally, and I'm on n3ds 11.0 running supermysterychunkhax) and when I launch them there is only a red screen with a few distorted pixels in the bottom left corner.
EDIT: Nvmd maybe its just my computer because it worked off of my phone

Trainiax

Certified Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it true that an ARM9 hack is being worked on for 11.x? Because if so, I'm not going to risk bricking my 3DS by doing 11.1 -> 10.4 -> 9.2 -> Luma 9.2 -> Luma 11.1.

Reactions: Latyana

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello. I got a question. what would make a nand.bin file say corrupt upon restoring sysNAND keep a9lh. and is there a way to get that back?? I don't mind my 11.1 but I don't need it atm and only updated to help my hubby but it wasn't going through at the time. so its why I ask.

StormEye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I have a Japanese New 3ds XL with A9LH and Luma installed (my very first A9LH attempt), running on SysNAND.

I am thinking of letting my mother use this (she only really eeds to play Pokemon XY/ORAS/SM-when-its-out), but since she cannot read Japanese, I would like to change the language to English.

I have read that if I change the region of the SysNAND to US, I would be able to get the English menu on the system but I would lose the ability to use eshop (it has already accessed eshop before). I would like to retain the functionality of being able to use Japanese eshop on SysNAND, but would like an EmuNAND that is in English.

Is this possible? And if so, is there any guide that I can follow?

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello. I got a question. what would make a nand.bin file say corrupt upon restoring sysNAND keep a9lh. and is there a way to get that back?? I don't mind my 11.1 but I don't need it atm and only updated to help my hubby but it wasn't going through at the time. so its why I ask.
well nvrmnd figured this out. cant restore it. its so weird too. I now cant even access the freeshop it crashes. forcing the system to restart. I still cant figure out why it wont let us put a custom design up

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help with figuring out why my hubby's mii plaza is having an error?? we put everything in new cards today cuz our olds were found to be fakes. and and yes even formatted it using the sd formatter I was given. but still keeps on erroring and wanting you to turn off the system and try again. i'm getting really aggrevated with it. and no these are real cards. with no errors and all that jazz. just need a handle on what to do to fix it. pls and thanks. wasn't sure where to ask this at in forum. so I asked here. hes just got a regular 3ds. no hacking or anything done to it btw.

Last edited by Latyana,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Also, let's say I was on an newer system version by that point in time and the NAND backup is on an older version. Would that cause conflicts?

My O3DS is on firmware 11.0. If I chose to restore an older NAND which as an outdated firmware, would that cause problems
When you say outdated, what FW are you talking?

You can restore any NAND you want (with Hourglass9) but then, Luma might have troubles booting that FW (although you still have A9LH)

The conflicts you probably will have is with games that require a bigger FW than that one you restore.
And if that NAND doesn't have FBI injected or installed on home menu, Hourglass9 may have problems dumping it.

You can try it safely but make a backup of everything first (SysNAND and SD card).
If things don't work the way you want, just restore back the NAND you made on v11.

takasu27

Trophies
p-7 rosario, santiago city, isabela region 2
XP
Country
good day guys and gals. just done backingup my sysnand using hourglass9. nand size is 943MB. after that i used validate nand dump using the same app. the result is please check my screenshot. is the corrupt and mismatch normal? TIA
P_20161003_124641_1_p_zpsqewtvuuw.jpg

cirei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello Im looking to downgrade my New 3ds from 10.1 to 9.2 I have all the files and I'm confident I can pull it off however, there is one thing I want to be sure about and thats where I put the sysupdater file. All videos say put it into the "3ds" folder but I only have a "Nintendo 3ds" folder is that the same folder people are talking? I just want to make sure before doing it to avoid soft brick.

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say outdated, what FW are you talking?

You can restore any NAND you want (with Hourglass9) but then, Luma might have troubles booting that FW (although you still have A9LH)

The conflicts you probably will have is with games that require a bigger FW than that one you restore.
And if that NAND doesn't have FBI injected or installed on home menu, Hourglass9 may have problems dumping it.

You can try it safely but make a backup of everything first (SysNAND and SD card).
If things don't work the way you want, just restore back the NAND you made on v11.

The NAND would be dating back to MenuHax, so 9.2.0.
It may not have FBI installed but couldn't I have access decrypt9 on boot-up to do FBI injection?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Im looking to downgrade my New 3ds from 10.1 to 9.2 I have all the files and I'm confident I can pull it off however, there is one thing I want to be sure about and thats where I put the sysupdater file. All videos say put it into the "3ds" folder but I only have a "Nintendo 3ds" folder is that the same folder people are talking? I just want to make sure before doing it to avoid soft brick.
Do you have homebrew access? You should have a 3ds folder if you downloaded the homebrew starter kit...

Chif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi all,

Just a quick question, I did a DSiWare downgrade to a friend's 3DS, used my own system as source, once the week has passed and I do the transfer again, should I do the fieldrunners exploit or just a normal transfer? Both are O3DS and both are now on A9HL with Luma.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    Thor from "Pirate Software" said its just better to pirate the game than buy from a keyshop if you care about the devs
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    devs don't get hit with the chargebacks, the keys are free to generate
    at least on steam
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    Except he said the DEVS get hits with the chargeback cost
    +1
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    since the key gets bought with a stolen credit card
    there's nothing to charge back because the keys don't cost them money to generate in the first place
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If the game has a crack sure
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most these crack sites have dead links anymore or the crack don't even work
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    @The Real Jdbye What don't you get? If someone use a stolen creditcard. Then sell said key on G2A. If I the dev sold the game key, I will get the charge back cost. That's how it works, it doesn't matter if I generate 300 keys if 300 of them are bought with stolen credit cards. I never said it was on Steam, but its the dev that gets hit. There is a ton of stories out there if you google it.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just buy other people's steam account :teach:
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    Just tell them you're dead ;D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They already know
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    I honestly wonder how the EU would say if I willed my account to you. And Valve be like "nope!"
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @K3Nv2 - sounds like you need a better place to find cracks!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psionics offline right now or I would
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @cearp, Psi is offline at the minute, but he knows where to find them.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    get your mind out of the gutter, I'm talking about piracy
  • cearp @ cearp:
    not that type of crack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean the drug not the booty pervs
    +2
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    @cearp At a plumber convenstion. Loads of cracks!
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A plumber is either on crack or in crack or showcasing crack
    +2
  • cearp @ cearp:
    or of course, dealing with cracks (in pipes)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sure he could be on cracked flooring causing the leak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much you bet delta going to be DRMd to hell and back
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: How much you bet delta going to be DRMd to hell and back