• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

vale.5972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
then follow the link I posted, it would set you up with custom firmware with arm9loaderhax. you don't need any games to do this.

unless you are trying to do something else? emunand is no longer recommended, you don't need it.
can you post a link tutorial for arm9loaderhax please?the forum moddingstudio.it are very bad!

darkziosj

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You should be doing everything from sysNAND.

Yes, you can autoboot to it with menuhax just like rxTools or Gateway.

and there's no problem installing a new cfw with all the stuff the bluegateway card installs? im still on 4.5.0 in my system nand and it's been awhile since the last time i tried to mess with my 3ds, thanks dude.

chompita239

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
its possible to brick my console with browserhax and menuhax? How do i delete them? (i just only want to use them to modify a save game)

supreme123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Hello, everyone !

1- I have a old 3DS with RXTOOL on my Emunand 9.0 working fine, but I cant play new games like Fire Emblem Fates/SMT4 Apocalypse, etc. Then I want to ask what Emunand I need to upgrade my o3ds without risking to lose my CFW ?

2- Some of the new CFW can play DS games like SMT:Strange Jorney/Osu tatakae Ouedan?

Thanks a lot !

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Look, guys, im confused!
i have gateway 3ds and emunand obwiously and i want to install some CIA files on my 3ds..im guessing installed files go to SD card not on 3ds it self, but here is the thing. in my 3ds i have 2gb SD but thats not enough for some gamess! so i change to my 16gb SD but 3ds dont see it!

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Im planning to change my 3DS region with plailect guide (already have a9lh installed)

If i manage to screw up something with godmode9 , will i be able to fix it with NAND backup and Hourglass9 ?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
and there's no problem installing a new cfw with all the stuff the bluegateway card installs? im still on 4.5.0 in my system nand and it's been awhile since the last time i tried to mess with my 3ds, thanks dude.
Ah, Luma doesn't support the DS profile exploit, sorry. You'd have to upgrade to 9.2. In your situation it's actually easier to install a9lh than upgrade to 9.2 and use Luma with menuhax since you can do it right from 4.5, you don't have to upgrade to 9.2 first.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Im planning to change my 3DS region with plailect guide (already have a9lh installed)

If i manage to screw up something with godmode9 , will i be able to fix it with NAND backup and Hourglass9 ?
Probably, but not always

Look, guys, im confused!
i have gateway 3ds and emunand obwiously and i want to install some CIA files on my 3ds..im guessing installed files go to SD card not on 3ds it self, but here is the thing. in my 3ds i have 2gb SD but thats not enough for some gamess! so i change to my 16gb SD but 3ds dont see it!
If you use an emuNAND you have to flash it to the new card. You can do this from emuNAND9 (on the 3DS in sysNAND, you have to be able to use homebrew) or emuNANDtool (on your PC - read the sticky about moving emuNANDs for info).

Hello, everyone !

1- I have a old 3DS with RXTOOL on my Emunand 9.0 working fine, but I cant play new games like Fire Emblem Fates/SMT4 Apocalypse, etc. Then I want to ask what Emunand I need to upgrade my o3ds without risking to lose my CFW ?

2- Some of the new CFW can play DS games like SMT:Strange Jorney/Osu tatakae Ouedan?

Thanks a lot !
Everyone recommends upgrading to Luma. Follow this: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/

If you don't want to, then take a backup of your emuNAND, update, and if anything goes wrong tthen flash back your old emuNAND (so you'll be stuck not being able to play the games).

its possible to brick my console with browserhax and menuhax? How do i delete them? (i just only want to use them to modify a save game)
No, they are only user level exploits. (They have about as much power to brick you as a game cartridge).

darkziosj

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Ah, Luma doesn't support the DS profile exploit, sorry. You'd have to upgrade to 9.2. In your situation it's actually easier to install a9lh than upgrade to 9.2 and use Luma with menuhax since you can do it right from 4.5, you don't have to upgrade to 9.2 first.

I see, so i just need to follow Plailect guide and not worry about anything? too bad i can't get pass the part were you need to enter a url in your browser
:(

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You definitely have internet connected, and you've tried all the different webpage addresses? And the blue card has all the right firmware files on it?
If the blue card doesn't work, how are your installing your Gateway hack? Whenever you play a DS game it will disappear and has to be installed again.

darkziosj

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You definitely have internet connected, and you've tried all the different webpage addresses? And the blue card has all the right firmware files on it?
If the blue card doesn't work, how are your installing your Gateway hack? Whenever you play a DS game it will disappear and has to be installed again.

yep internet is ok, tried every single one, and the bluecard has the archives from the oficial gateway page, i installed the gateway exploit a long time ago like a year, since then i haven't touch the bluecard and only used the dsprofile thing to go to emunand and play the games off the red gateway card, i'll keep trying to get the url decrypt9 working, i was thinking that having the gateway exploit installed was the cause of the error but you clear that up for me thanks.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
yep internet is ok, tried every single one, and the bluecard has the archives from the oficial gateway page, i installed the gateway exploit a long time ago like a year, since then i haven't touch the bluecard and only used the dsprofile thing to go to emunand and play the games off the red gateway card, i'll keep trying to get the url decrypt9 working, i was thinking that having the gateway exploit installed was the cause of the error but you clear that up for me thanks.
You might be a bit stuck - if you uninstall your Gateway hack you'll have no way to get it back if your blue card is faulty. This is what I would do:
- keep trying the browser one, and make sure you have the right files in the right place
- if you can't get it to work, either a) give up and just stick with Gateway (update manually to 11.0 or wait until they support 11.1 and update normally then) or b) buy a new DS flashcart and try Decrypt9 (MSET) again.

darkziosj

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You might be a bit stuck - if you uninstall your Gateway hack you'll have no way to get it back if your blue card is faulty. This is what I would do:
- keep trying the browser one, and make sure you have the right files in the right place
- if you can't get it to work, either a) give up and just stick with Gateway (update manually to 11.0 or wait until they support 11.1 and update normally then) or b) buy a new DS flashcart and try Decrypt9 (MSET) again.

yeah i'll keep trying to get it to work, last question if i update manually my emunand with sysUPDATER will my console brick? when i open sysUPDATER it says do not run this in sysnand gateway mode, i don't fully understand what it means, thankyou.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo