• Likes 43

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Damn... so reading about hardmod, since I dont have another modded 3DS... i cant solder if my life depended on it... so i'm guessing I'm F-- until another solution comes along...

And why the "please do not ask" remark? this is a forum to ask questions, right??

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn... so reading about hardmod, since I dont have another modded 3DS... i cant solder if my life depended on it... so i'm guessing I'm F-- until another solution comes along...

And why the "please do not ask" remark? this is a forum to ask questions, right??
I meant please don't ask if there are any other options to downgrade. What I listed are the ONLY two options.

You could send someone your 3DS to have them do the hardmod.

PaBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey guys.

i have recently installed a9lh on my 4.xx o3ds. so far ive been using dstwo card for ds/i and gateway for 3ds. but since i didnt want to remember certain button presses for launching games, i installed hax.
everything working great so far, just my dstwo doesnt boot...

only the theme background music keeps playing at a lower level and the screens turn black.
i have tried every possible combination og agb firms, twl firms, ds whitelists, etc...
since luma is supposed to patch stuff itself im on original firms now.
the dstwo card was updated to the latest firmware using a friends ds. i really dont know what else to try. dont wanna buy an r4 card just to find out it doesnt work either...

tried on 9.2 sysnand, 9.2 rednand, 11 sysnand, 11 rednand, and now with only sysnand 11 and rednand removed

Last edited by PaBo,

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
its' cool i beleived you the first time, not gonna argue with someone more knowledgable about 3DS hacks than i am as to if there could be a 3rd options lol
You said 2 and i have no reason to doubt it :P

But it's cool... installing .CIA files would've been great but i guess I'm going to settle for SNES roms and all from the homebrew menu.

Thanks!

Reactions: Latyana

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
all site is dead :\ i cant got the systeme

You should post your situation on that thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/r4-firmwares-ask-for-your-r4i-sdhc-clone-firmware.437924/

For your R4, you can search on this page:
http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

Search the page for "r4i-gold.com" or search "v1.57b" (the site is down but on that page you have the latest FW).
Click on "R4i-Gold".

If it doesn't work, maybe try the software for DSTTi (since your card is a clone of it).

Mind you that I don't know if this will solve your problem. (Just giving out information available).

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have a question now in regards to the DSiware downgrade: Does 3DS #1 need a NNID? I know you don't need a NNID to purchase games from the eShop but is having a NNID on 3DS #1 necessary?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay, I have a question now in regards to the DSiware downgrade: Does 3DS #1 need a NNID? I know you don't need a NNID to purchase games from the eShop but is having a NNID on 3DS #1 necessary?

AFAIK, no but wait for confirmation.
I've seen some posts of several people saying they downgraded without it.

Since you're able to purchase the game via eShop, when you system transfer, the game tranfer over because it's part of the system.
If you have a NNID, it will transfer itself to the other console.

But, if you don't have a NNID, you still can system transfer otherwise, it would requested you to created one.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which system is the 3DS system transfer wait time tied to? Is the system transfer tied to the 3DS's serial or is it something else? Here's my scenario:

1. I have two New 3DS systems (the Red XL has A9LH which is also my spare A9LH system and the Pokemon n3DS regular size is stock 11.0).
2. I want to get the New 3DS Mario bundle and put A9LH on it.
3. I want to transfer from the stock Pokemon n3DS to the A9LH Red XL to keep all of my stuff without having to do a system format.
4. I then want to do the DSiware downgrade method from the Mario bundle system to the Pokemon n3DS to downgrade that and put A9LH on that system.
5. Finally I want to transfer from the Red XL to the Pokemon n3DS to get my stuff back on that system.

How long of a wait time am I looking at? This is probably a very long and complicated way to save my data but I just want to ask before I go and spend the money on the Mario bundle.

Or method #2:
1. Pokemon n3DS has a NNID, so I format the system first.
2. Get Mario bundle, do not make a NNID, put A9LH on it, buy Fieldrunners, do DSiware downgrade to Pokemon n3DS.
3. Put A9LH on Pokemon n3DS and then format the system (Would I have to do this?)
4. Relink the NNID to Pokemon n3DS.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Flora Cherry

I'm unhappy
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
You should post your situation on that thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/r4-firmwares-ask-for-your-r4i-sdhc-clone-firmware.437924/

For your R4, you can search on this page:
http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

Search the page for "r4i-gold.com" or search "v1.57b" (the site is down but on that page you have the latest FW).
Click on "R4i-Gold".

If it doesn't work, maybe try the software for DSTTi (since your card is a clone of it).

Mind you that I don't know if this will solve your problem. (Just giving out information available).
that dont no work give me a site for buy a r4 for 3ds

PaBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey guys.

i have recently installed a9lh on my 4.xx o3ds. so far ive been using dstwo card for ds/i and gateway for 3ds. but since i didnt want to remember certain button presses for launching games, i installed hax.
everything working great so far, just my dstwo doesnt boot...

only the theme background music keeps playing at a lower level and the screens turn black.
i have tried every possible combination og agb firms, twl firms, ds whitelists, etc...
since luma is supposed to patch stuff itself im on original firms now.
the dstwo card was updated to the latest firmware using a friends ds. i really dont know what else to try. dont wanna buy an r4 card just to find out it doesnt work either...

tried on 9.2 sysnand, 9.2 rednand, 11 sysnand, 11 rednand, and now with only sysnand 11 and rednand removed

gief advice plox!

i now installed twlslot1launcher... still nothing

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Which system is the 3DS system transfer wait time tied to? Is the system transfer tied to the 3DS's serial or is it something else? Here's my scenario:

1. I have two New 3DS systems (the Red XL has A9LH which is also my spare A9LH system and the Pokemon n3DS regular size is stock 11.0).
2. I want to get the New 3DS Mario bundle and put A9LH on it.
3. I want to transfer from the stock Pokemon n3DS to the A9LH Red XL to keep all of my stuff without having to do a system format.
4. I then want to do the DSiware downgrade method from the Mario bundle system to the Pokemon n3DS to downgrade that and put A9LH on that system.
5. Finally I want to transfer from the Red XL to the Pokemon n3DS to get my stuff back on that system.

How long of a wait time am I looking at? This is probably a very long and complicated way to save my data but I just want to ask before I go and spend the money on the Mario bundle.

Or method #2:
1. Pokemon n3DS has a NNID, so I format the system first.
2. Get Mario bundle, do not make a NNID, put A9LH on it, buy Fieldrunners, do DSiware downgrade to Pokemon n3DS.
3. Put A9LH on Pokemon n3DS and then format the system (Would I have to do this?)
4. Relink the NNID to Pokemon n3DS.

I followed you better on method #2, :D
For system transfers back and forth, you'll always have the 7 days cool down so, whatever you want to do, you'll have that time gap between transfers.
Even if you transfer from A to B and decide to transfer B to C, B will be locked by the 7 day cool down.

Method #2
1. You format console A to lose NNID (it won't remove it on Ninty servers, NNID will still be linked to console A serial)
2. Console B gets Fieldrunners and system transfers to console A. (Ninty servers get info that console serial A received system transfer from console serial B and unlinks/errors NNID from console serial A) (Am I making any sense?)
3. Console A is hacked and as no NNID since console B had none.
4. After 7 days, you can system transfer back console A to console B and try to log with console A NNID. If it errors, you have to call Ninty and give an excuse to why you transfered back.

that dont no work give me a site for buy a r4 for 3ds
Wouldn't know where, sorry.
Maybe someone else can help you.

gief advice plox!

i now installed twlslot1launcher... still nothing

Have you already tried this:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/w...ionality-is-broken-after-completing-the-guide

Don't know more to help.

Reactions: PaBo and KunoichiZ

warpedsoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am extremely late to the game. My son just gave me his 3ds that he doesn't use anymore and hasn't used in years. I'm wanting to get a new flashcart for it. I'm looking at the Supercard DSTWO+ for the fact that it can do 3DS, DS, GBA, and SNES games. It is currently on firmware 4.0U. From what I've read, I need to be on 9.2. How do I go about updating to that specific firmware? Keep in mind, this is a never before modded 3ds.

Also, if there is a better cart for my needs, by all means let me know.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am extremely late to the game. My son just gave me his 3ds that he doesn't use anymore and hasn't used in years. I'm wanting to get a new flashcart for it. I'm looking at the Supercard DSTWO+ for the fact that it can do 3DS, DS, GBA, and SNES games. It is currently on firmware 4.0U. From what I've read, I need to be on 9.2. How do I go about updating to that specific firmware? Keep in mind, this is a never before modded 3ds.

Also, if there is a better cart for my needs, by all means let me know.
no need to update to 9.2 anymore. just start here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9)

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump(?) to a dumb question I asked a while back: I'm trying again to make my o3ds usable for saltysd again, but ever since I switched to luma 3ds (I'm 99% sure it worked fine when I was using rxtools + menuhax in the ancient times), I have been unable to load my ssb4 cart and cia (both work on my n3ds and other o3ds fine), even without updates and dlc. I have since switched to corbenik on it, and I still am unable to load ssb4. I have tried using luma, cakes, and corbenik (all latest) payloads as arm9loaderhax.bin, all of them have failed to load the game at all. Any suggestions? Also, other carts and cias work, so that is likely not the issue.

edit: I've also tried using the path changer thing with luma

Last edited by ih8ih8sn0w,

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this thread is the right place to ask so bear with me.

I want to convert a powersave save file to a save file and be usable by a downloaded game on my cfw3ds. Is this possible and how?

My 3ds and pokemon OR where stolen a month ago and im trying to get back my save file. Apparently powersave backups dont work on different carts with save protection like pokemon =/

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed Plailect's guide on my own regular n3ds and all is good. So then I did the same to my daughter's Japanese o3ds LL, and all went well there too. But question -- she had a few digital download titles already installed, and after finishing the guide they were wrapped up as gifts again. Upon 'unwrapping' I get a message that I must go to eshop, presumably to either re-download or verify. Again, these were purchased digital downloads (on J eshop). Any problem with proceeding? I haven't had to deal with this on my own n3ds because it was brand new - I haven't opened the eshop on it at all.

Last edited by Hanafuda,

Bohamad93

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
So I followed Plailect's guide on my own regular n3ds and all is good. So then I did the same to my daughter's Japanese o3ds LL, and all went well there too. But question -- she had a few digital download titles already installed, and after finishing the guide they were wrapped up as gifts again. Upon 'unwrapping' I get a message that I must go to eshop, presumably to either re-download or verify. Again, these were purchased digital downloads (on J eshop). Any problem with proceeding? I haven't had to deal with this on my own n3ds because it was brand new - I haven't opened the eshop on it at all.

I have a hacked N3DS and I downloaded "digital game" (fieldrunners) from eShop.
Don't worry it'll be good.

UPDATE : You have to update your CFW to 11.0.0-33.

Last edited by Bohamad93,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Red Bitch Blue Bitch Pumping ain't easy!