• Likes 43

trev1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok fam....I'm off today ...rested and gonna attempt to free this Old3dsxl 9.5......just a double check....my best route is to downgrade to 9.2? What is this talk of 10.5 and a hack to play games on that system version? Also it says to skip setting date and initializing save data....should I do it anyhow to verify safe? And prep needed on my sd card before I start ? It's freakin loaded with crap ...demos...saves...bought games....I'm nervous something on there may mess up the process

Last edited by trev1,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok fam....I'm off today ...rested and gonna attempt to free this Old3dsxl 9.5......just a double check....my best route is to downgrade to 9.2? What is this talk of 10.5 and a hack to play games on that system version?
never heard anything about 10.5 like that.

start here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(Browser)
and keep going (9.2 downgrade, 2.1 ctrtransfer, arm9loaderhax)

no, you don't need to set the date back, it won't change anything.

Last edited by ihaveahax,

Klldarkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Send the Gateway back and get a refund. You can play all the pirated games you want with a9lh & Luma, and it only takes around 45 minutes to set it up. No flashcarts needed! But you can still use the DSTwo for DS games. Don't use Gateway files with it (3.4.1 or earlier is OK, limited to 10.3 emuNAND on o3DS) or your console may get bricked.

Have a read of the front page then start with Part 1 (navigation on right of the page): https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Okay! So, I finally got around to following the whole guide. Everything is good, but, I have a few questions before I do ANYTHING with it.

Assuming I have made it to the final step, which was to use hourglass to re-inject my original hs.app.

After that is done:

Is it safe to update sysnand to whatever the current version is? Do I just do that normally from system settings?

Am I supposed to setup an emunand at some point, because I don't remember doing so. Or is it safe, simply because its running CFW?

My current sysnand is showing as 9.2, if that's needed at all.

Regardless of those questions:

At this point, I can just install .cia version game dumps, right? Simply turn the system on, hold no buttons, use FBI to inject them?

Any help is appreciated! :)

whostolemywaffle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know how to change player models on oras i already have the romfs.bin and exefs.bin and the dump i just need to know how to change player models in oras

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My A9LH 2DS suddenly stopped booting. I didn't do anything wrong at all. Decrypt9 and all that are still bootable, but I deleted my A9LH NAND backups. If I restore one from before A9LH, will I have to reinstall it?

And if I accidentally restore a NAND backup from another console, can I still boot into Decrypt9 to fix it?

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My A9LH 2DS suddenly stopped booting. I didn't do anything wrong at all. Decrypt9 and all that are still bootable, but I deleted my A9LH NAND backups. If I restore one from before A9LH, will I have to reinstall it?

And if I accidentally restore a NAND backup from another console, can I still boot into Decrypt9 to fix it?
A9LH should be fine if you use Hourglass9 to restore the old backup
If you accidentally restore one from another system, Hourglass9 should prevent writing to your A9LH install, so you'll be fine

Reactions: PF2M

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay! So, I finally got around to following the whole guide. Everything is good, but, I have a few questions before I do ANYTHING with it.

Assuming I have made it to the final step, which was to use hourglass to re-inject my original hs.app.

After that is done:

Is it safe to update sysnand to whatever the current version is? Do I just do that normally from system settings?

Am I supposed to setup an emunand at some point, because I don't remember doing so. Or is it safe, simply because its running CFW?

My current sysnand is showing as 9.2, if that's needed at all.

Regardless of those questions:

At this point, I can just install .cia version game dumps, right? Simply turn the system on, hold no buttons, use FBI to inject them?

Any help is appreciated! :)
Update to the latest, no need for emuNAND (it only makes things harder and is not needed), yes you can install cias.

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i heard its possible to downgrade a 3ds at 11.0 firmware using some dsiware exploit.

I have the guide. Is the process fool proof or is there anything i need to be aware of before i attempt it? Im aware that this wont work if the hacked 3ds is a new 3ds and trying to hack an old 3ds as well as the fact that i need to purchase/mess with ticket crap or what ever to download from the eshop, I just want to know if theres anything i should know before i walk in to the local walmart. Id be using my friends old 3ds in this case.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So i heard its possible to downgrade a 3ds at 11.0 firmware using some dsiware exploit.

I have the guide. Is the process fool proof or is there anything i need to be aware of before i attempt it? Im aware that this wont work if the hacked 3ds is a new 3ds and trying to hack an old 3ds as well as the fact that i need to purchase/mess with ticket crap or what ever to download from the eshop, I just want to know if theres anything i should know before i walk in to the local walmart. Id be using my friends old 3ds in this case.
You need to be very careful to follow the guide, the hacked save will not follow if you aren't extremely careful, then you have to wait seven days and buy the game again.

t0mixcs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
hey ppl, i got a quick noob question here i guess, i had rxtools installed on my sdcard to play .cia's on my 3ds and that stuff, so what happened is that the sd got corrupted, what now? the saved games data is stored in the sd or in my ds? should i forget about my saved games? Thanks!

dooglex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I have a n3DS using a gateway card and got pretty far on a couple of the pokemon games, but then the 3ds died (screen broke, broke the motherboard getting it out, its dead), so I bought a 2ds on 7.2 and now am happily running CFW which works, however I would love to import my saves. Reading guides on savegame export/import they all presume you still have the original device, however my original device is now dead.
Can I put the gateway card into the 2ds and read the save created by the 3ds before? Is there even a good way to boot gateway from CFW? Are the saves locked to the original console? Help!

Thanks

Tanooks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
hey ppl, i got a quick noob question here i guess, i had rxtools installed on my sdcard to play .cia's on my 3ds and that stuff, so what happened is that the sd got corrupted, what now? the saved games data is stored in the sd or in my ds? should i forget about my saved games? Thanks!
The save data is stored on your SD card. Sorry, your data is lost. Next time keep your data backed up with JKSM.

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So not too long ago my 3DS SD card became corrupted. I was able to use a recovery tool and was able to retrieve my "Nintendo 3DS" folder. I got my system to boot fine, but the problem is how do I go recovering data? None of my previously installed CIAs appear on the home menu and my streetpass plaza data is anew. Any way I can restore my data?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So not too long ago my 3DS SD card became corrupted. I was able to use a recovery tool and was able to retrieve my "Nintendo 3DS" folder. I got my system to boot fine, but the problem is how do I go recovering data? None of my previously installed CIAs appear on the home menu and my streetpass plaza data is anew. Any way I can restore my data?
If you have a backup of the NAND from when the folder worked you can flash it back (you must have formatted your system sometime between then and now)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol