Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
What can I do with cfw?

Which flashcard can use cheats?
You can do EVERYTHING. Play any game, cheat, homebrew, anything.
Gateway3DS allows cheats but you have to be on an exploitable firmware. And if you can manage that, you can use CFW for free so no point.

Reactions: mwahaha

VFlea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have followed Plailect guide, and did everything so my 3DSXL now has Luma, etc...

Thing is, I had some downloaded games in another SD Card, and their save files. If I redownload the games and copy the data from my old SD Card to the one that is being used, will I be able to retrieve the saved games? I'd hate to lose the progress in some games...

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It's a .cia file you can install which will reactivate DS flashcarts blocked on various firmwares. The TWL launcher should reactivate flashcarts that never worked on 3DS to begin with.
Both freeShop and CIAngel are good. FreeShop is prettier but CIAngel has more options and can do more (they both have access to the same game list though).

What more options you talking about? I'm sorry I want to tried it but my 3ds still not have been shipped yet, so I still blind with this kind of things.

Maheshwara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
only Gateway but you'd need to downgrade. once you do that, you can already cheat for free without flashcards.
You can do EVERYTHING. Play any game, cheat, homebrew, anything.
Gateway3DS allows cheats but you have to be on an exploitable firmware. And if you can manage that, you can use CFW for free so no point.
So I don't even need to buy a flashcard? What firmware do I have to be on to use CFW?

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have followed Plailect guide, and did everything so my 3DSXL now has Luma, etc...

Thing is, I had some downloaded games in another SD Card, and their save files. If I redownload the games and copy the data from my old SD Card to the one that is being used, will I be able to retrieve the saved games? I'd hate to lose the progress in some games...

Yes you can , with JKSV save manager.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I don't even need to buy a flashcard? What firmware do I have to be on to use CFW?

Any firmware below 10.7 I believe. So you need to hardmod it first because you had the model that comes with fw 11.

VFlea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have downloaded the JKSV Save Manager, however I have no idea of how to work with it. Do you know if there's a tutorial or anything? What I have done was basically copying the data from the Old SD Card into the New SD Card.

Maheshwara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes you can , with JKSV save manager.
Any firmware below 10.7 I believe. So you need to hardmod it first because you had the model that comes with fw 11.
I just saw a tutorial on how to hardmod, and I don't want to take the risk. Can't I just use a flashcard to play games? No need for the cheats.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you can't hardmod yourself you can send your console to someone than can do it professionally..There's a topic with the list of hardmodders.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I just saw a tutorial on how to hardmod, and I don't want to take the risk. Can't I just use a flashcard to play games? No need for the cheats.

Maybe you can go to game shop in your country and ask whether they can hardmod or know someone who can hardmod. As for me, I join a 3ds group in Facebook with user from the same country as me and asked the one that already trustworthy in that group to hardmod it which only cost $15 rather than Sky3DS that worth $90.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you can send your console to someone else for a mod/downgrade. still would be cheaper (and much better) than buying a flashcart.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/

To bad there's no hardmodders from Indonesia in that list. My acquaintance only active in Facebook, not here.

Maheshwara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
you can send your console to someone else for a mod/downgrade. still would be cheaper (and much better) than buying a flashcart.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/

Maybe you can go to game shop in your country and ask whether they can hardmod or know someone who can hardmod. As for me, I join a 3ds group in Facebook with user from the same country as me and asked the one that already trustworthy in that group to hardmod it which only cost $15 rather than Sky3DS that worth $90.
Alright, thanks. I will look into it.

myrna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Stupid mistake i just made.. downgraded to 9.2 ,got my sysnand backed up and forgot to back up all the other files before completing rednand. Now i wanted to just format everything just to be sure. And try again. Only after system restore it still says is 9.2 is this good?

Tldr: downgrade to 9.2 then format system/sd card Should i have my old firmware 9.9 or my downgraded 9.2?

Not sure:wink:

necrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Hi there everyone, it's been a long time since I've used my O3DS-XL (ever since MH4U) and I'm having trouble knowing what to do with the system now because I forgot all the processes to boot into Gateway and how to install CIAs etc. I'm going on a long trip tomorrow and I want to bring the 3DS with me so I can play the new Monster Hunter.

My current firmware version is 4.2.0-9U (unsure of Gateway's EmuNand version) and I vaguely remember going into Settings > Other Settings > Profile to launch Gateway a few months ago (I may be wrong!) but I just tried it and it doesn't work. I also just tried scanning the QR-Code / using the URL in the browser to try and boot into Gateway Menu but it always results in an Error message.

Can someone tell me what I should do to get going again and whether I need to do any kind of updating? And how I can backup my SysNand again in case something goes wrong?
The Gateway website and manuals are really vague for people with a prior version of Gateway already installed so I could really use some help! Thanks a tonne!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid mistake i just made.. downgraded to 9.2 ,got my sysnand backed up and forgot to back up all the other files before completing rednand. Now i wanted to just format everything just to be sure. And try again. Only after system restore it still says is 9.2 is this good?

Tldr: downgrade to 9.2 then format system/sd card Should i have my old firmware 9.9 or my downgraded 9.2?

Not sure:wink:
You should have the downgraded 9.2 after a format.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there everyone, it's been a long time since I've used my O3DS-XL (ever since MH4U) and I'm having trouble knowing what to do with the system now because I forgot all the processes to boot into Gateway and how to install CIAs etc. I'm going on a long trip tomorrow and I want to bring the 3DS with me so I can play the new Monster Hunter.

My current firmware version is 4.2.0-9U (unsure of Gateway's EmuNand version) and I vaguely remember going into Settings > Other Settings > Profile to launch Gateway a few months ago (I may be wrong!) but I just tried it and it doesn't work. I also just tried scanning the QR-Code / using the URL in the browser to try and boot into Gateway Menu but it always results in an Error message.

Can someone tell me what I should do to get going again and whether I need to do any kind of updating? And how I can backup my SysNand again in case something goes wrong?
The Gateway website and manuals are really vague for people with a prior version of Gateway already installed so I could really use some help! Thanks a tonne!
Since I assume the only thing you are planning on doing is using your ds to play that one game, I'm going to spare the religious "convert to luma 3ds" bit. It was settings > other settings > ds profile for entering cfw on a 4.x device (assuming you did install that). This should bring you to the gateway menu assuming I understand your setup. From there, I think it was classic mode or something for emunand on gateway. Oh, and make sure you have a launcher.dat on your sd card and that there is about 1gb missing from the size of your sd card (for emunand).

Reactions: mwahaha

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
How to change from cakes cfw to luma cfw? By the way the cakes was installed by the seller, but I wanted to convert it to Luma myself.

necrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Since I assume the only thing you are planning on doing is using your ds to play that one game, I'm going to spare the religious "convert to luma 3ds" bit. It was settings > other settings > ds profile for entering cfw on a 4.x device (assuming you did install that). This should bring you to the gateway menu assuming I understand your setup. From there, I think it was classic mode or something for emunand on gateway. Oh, and make sure you have a launcher.dat on your sd card and that there is about 1gb missing from the size of your sd card (for emunand).

Thanks a tonne for the help! I tried the Settings > Other Settings > DS Profile for entering into the Gateway Mode but it failed! What I just successfully did is to use the web browser to get into Gateway Mode :) I am very outdated with all the current information that's out there, do you mind sharing with me what Luma3DS is, what the benefits are and how I can go about getting it? Because I do intend to play some other games as well! :)

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
there was a forum thread i found a week ago or so with QR code downloads with fbi (basicly a collection of programs) but cant seem to find it anymore.

does anyone know the thread/link?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4