• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

ibigfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, sorry. If my question is a couple pages back now and has gone unanswered, should I repost it, or keep waiting? I hate being annoying or reposting, it seems like it's so far back nobody will notice it anymore and I'm not sure of the proper netiquette for a thread that moves this fast...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, sorry. If my question is a couple pages back now and has gone unanswered, should I repost it, or keep waiting? I hate being annoying or reposting, it seems like it's so far back nobody will notice it anymore and I'm not sure of the proper netiquette for a thread that moves this fast...
What is your question?

Reactions: ibigfire

ibigfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is your question?
I have an o3DS with CFW and A9LH on it, having succesfully followed Plailect's awesome guide on it, and I have a n3DS with menuhax installed via browserhax. They are both USA region consoles. I read the guide for downgrading my n3DS, and that's great, but I just wanted to make sure about the NNID issues.

The o3DS doesn't have an NNID associated with it. I want to end up with the NNID that I have on the n3DS on the n3DS. So, would the process then be for me to backup my save files on my n3DS, backup the SD card of the o3ds, format my n3DS sd card, associate my o3DS with the NNID that was on my n3DS, then follow the DSiWare Downgrade guide?

And after doing so, to revert the o3DS back to not having a NNID, would I format the o3DS sd card, go through the initial Nintendo setup, then copy the o3DS sd card backup back onto the o3DS sd card? My main worry about this stage is whether formatting the o3DS sd card will make the o3DS backup somehow no longer compatible. But there's of course a possibility of me overlooking some other problem as well.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an o3DS with CFW and A9LH on it, having succesfully followed Plailect's awesome guide on it, and I have a n3DS with menuhax installed via browserhax. They are both USA region consoles. I read the guide for downgrading my n3DS, and that's great, but I just wanted to make sure about the NNID issues.

The o3DS doesn't have an NNID associated with it. I want to end up with the NNID that I have on the n3DS on the n3DS. So, would the process then be for me to backup my save files on my n3DS, backup the SD card of the o3ds, format my n3DS sd card, associate my o3DS with the NNID that was on my n3DS, then follow the DSiWare Downgrade guide?

And after doing so, to revert the o3DS back to not having a NNID, would I format the o3DS sd card, go through the initial Nintendo setup, then copy the o3DS sd card backup back onto the o3DS sd card? My main worry about this stage is whether formatting the o3DS sd card will make the o3DS backup somehow no longer compatible. But there's of course a possibility of me overlooking some other problem as well.
Perhaps i should explain what happens during some of the process. When you system format the system You disconnect the nnid from the system and formats the system. When you perform the system transfer the old system transfer to the new one and the old system is formatted, no nnid will be active on it. Also after system transfer you cannot perform it again for 7 days (one week) If you plan to do the system transfer from old 3ds to new 3ds, note that you cannot system transfer back to old 3ds. I think you should back up the save data, using homebrew programs Then format the system menu, before the system transfer, after installing CfW or a9lh, do another system format to remove the nnid and then relink the nnid to the system only after installing cfw a9lh. But that is my best observation. :unsure:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

ibigfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Perhaps i should explain what happens during some of the process. When you system format the system You disconnect the nnid from the system and formats the system. When you perform the system transfer the old system transfer to the new one and the old system is formatted, no nnid will be active on it. Also after system transfer you cannot perform it again for 7days (one week) If you plan to do the system transfer from old 3ds to new 3ds, not thaf you cannot system transfer back to old 3ds. I think you should back up the save data, using homebrew programs Then format the system menu, before the system transfer, after installing CfW or a9lh, do another system format to remove the nnid and then relink the nnid to the system only after installing cfw a9lh. But that is my best observation. :unsure:

Hm, okay. Since I'm borrowing the o3DS, I want to make doubly sure of something. If I make a backup of its SD card, and then format it, and then put the SD card backup back onto it, will it be the same as before? Or will the format have made any of the CFW or A9LH hacks break?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, okay. Since I'm borrowing the o3DS, I want to make doubly sure of something. If I make a backup of its SD card, and then format it, and then put the SD card backup back onto it, will it be the same as before? Or will the format have made any of the CFW or A9LH hacks break?
Are there anything on the sd card? like games loaded on the system menu?

ibigfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are there anything on the sd card? like games loaded on the system menu?
No games, and no saves, on the o3DS (I accidentally deleted the saves earlier in the process >_< but it's okay, none of them were important). Just the default apps that come on a 3DS, and then Homebrew Launcher, Luma3DS, and FBI.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No games, and no saves, on the o3DS (I accidentally deleted the saves earlier in the process >_< but it's okay, none of them were important). Just the default apps that come on a 3DS, and then Homebrew Launcher, Luma3DS, and FBI.
So the system is clean as in formatted? If is formatted, the hax will still work.

ibigfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So the system is clean as in formatted? If is formatted, the hax will still work.
Yup, I formatted it right before doing the full Plailect guide on it. Okay, I was worried that a format might somehow mess with or delete the hax. It was a lot of work getting it set up!

Edit: Alright, I think I'm set. Thanks very much, Sonic Angel Knight!

Last edited by ibigfire,
Reactions: Latyana

Melhisedek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I've followed Plailect guide back when it had emunand as recommended option. Right now I'm on latest Luma CFW and emunand. I wanted to try a FF VI VC injected but I got "an error has occured".
So someone said that is because my Nands are unlinked and I can't install VC stuff on Emunand. Is that true and if yes what do I need to do so I can play GBA VC injected games?

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
What is ciangel? I read the thread about it but still don't understand what it actually did. And can I use my old r4 flashcart for ndsi for new 3ds to play ds game?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
What is ciangel? I read the thread about it but still don't understand what it actually did. And can I use my old r4 flashcart for ndsi for new 3ds to play ds game?
CIAngel downloads games from Nintendo's servers and installs them on your 3DS. It relies on people sharing data from games they have bought, so not every game is available.
Yes. If it doesn't work, you can install the whitelist cia or try ApacheThunder's TWL launcher. 99% of cards should work with one or the other.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Guys I've followed Plailect guide back when it had emunand as recommended option. Right now I'm on latest Luma CFW and emunand. I wanted to try a FF VI VC injected but I got "an error has occured".
So someone said that is because my Nands are unlinked and I can't install VC stuff on Emunand. Is that true and if yes what do I need to do so I can play GBA VC injected games?
You can either install it to sysNAND too or follow the section of the guide that has you flash emuNAND to sysNAND (and update to newest Luma).

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
CIAngel downloads games from Nintendo's servers and installs them on your 3DS. It relies on people sharing data from games they have bought, so not every game is available.
Yes. If it doesn't work, you can install the whitelist cia or try ApacheThunder's TWL launcher. 99% of cards should work with one or the other.

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but what is whitelist cia? And can the flashcart still works with luma cfw installed?
By the way what is better or easiest/faster to use, freeshop or ciangel ?

Maheshwara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a 3ds with firmware 11.0.0-33E. Any flashcards that works with it?
I just want to play 3ds games and have some cheats. Doesn't really matter with cheats, but it's a plus.

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have a 3ds with firmware 11.0.0-33E. Any flashcards that works with it?
I just want to play 3ds games and have some cheats. Doesn't really matter with cheats, but it's a plus.

Sky3DS works, buy if you want to use cfw, you need to hardmod the 3ds first to downgrade it.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but what is whitelist cia? And can the flashcart still works with luma cfw installed?
By the way what is better or easiest/faster to use, freeshop or ciangel ?
It's a .cia file you can install which will reactivate DS flashcarts blocked on various firmwares. The TWL launcher should reactivate flashcarts that never worked on 3DS to begin with.
Both freeShop and CIAngel are good. FreeShop is prettier but CIAngel has more options and can do more (they both have access to the same game list though).

Reactions: mwahaha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche