• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

xtrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So yesterday I've finished the plailect guide hack and man I sure didnt set a new time record. I thought the
Navigon Android hack was already silly but this was on another level while Im sure this is just another
day in the office for an software engineer...
anyway I have 3 questions:
-What happens if I perform a system format?
-To switch to another SD card I just have to copypaste everything from the old to the new one using the Win Explorer since there are no secret partitions on my SD card, right?
-Is a Flashcard really the best (only?) way to play DS games on 3DS? And is it ban-proof? (I have a R4i 3DS from r4ids.cn)

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yesterday I've finished the plailect guide hack and man I sure didnt set a new time record. I thought the
Navigon Android hack was already silly but this was on another level while Im sure this is just another
day in the office for an software engineer...
anyway I have 3 questions:
-What happens if I perform a system format?
-To switch to another SD card I just have to copypaste everything from the old to the new one using the Win Explorer since there are no secret partitions on my SD card, right?
-Is a Flashcard really the best (only?) way to play DS games on 3DS? And is it ban-proof? (I have a R4i 3DS from r4ids.cn)
The same as a normal system format. (the /nintendo 3ds/<ids> folder linked to that nand will be removed and you will go through the setup process again)
Yes. If you have emunand though, you will have to use emunand9 to setup an emunand partition on your sd card.
There is 3dsmume, but its slow. DS flashcards will not get you banned.

Reactions: xtrac

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this isn't the right section, but I had a hard time figuring out where to post since I don't actually have a kernel hack. I couldn't find any answers for my problem by searching, either.

Yesterday, I installed homebrew on my New 3DSXL in order to access save editors. Ever since then, occasionally I'll boot up my 3DS to get the "New software was installed!" message, and I'll have five giftwrapped boxes. They're all games I already have downloaded and installed. (Strangely, it doesn't do this with ALL my games...just five of them.) The save files are all there after I open them and boot them, but the way they keep reappearing gets in the way of my organization. One time it defaulted to the default white theme, as well.

I have NDS version 11.0.0-33 and I downloaded the most recent homebrew starter kit, from what I know. The one on the homebrew site. I also have a new 3DSXL, if that makes any difference.

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idzzfl.jpg

Can I somehow make that work on my arm9 hacked n3ds?

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hi!
I will start doing part 4 of plailect's guide today after after almost 1 month of completing part 3.
I am using a 2ds and I bought a new sd card 32GB at part 3 to continue.
I think I have formated the new sd card following this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/issues/231 at post #6
will that be a problem?Because I saw on page 1340 that I have to finish the guide first.
Also If I format rednand 3 times just to be sure(because I did format the new sd card with emunand 9 and I don't know if it counts) will the rednand and sysnand be linked?

thank you!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also the guide at part 4 in instructions step II-Injecting FBI, says to inject FBI to H&S but I have already done that at 9.2.0 Update Page of Plailect's Guide.Must I do it again?

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
which way is the best to download game updates and convert them to cia and install through fbi ?
If the game's region is the same as your 3ds's region, and you haven't changed anything in the game (edited titleid for modding purpose for example) you can simply update it through eShop.
If you don't want to download it in this way, you can search the update on CIAngel

Last edited by W4T4R1,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the game's region is the same as your 3ds's region, and you haven't changed anything in the game (edited titleid for modding purpose for example) you can simply update it through eShop.
If you don't want to download it in this way, you can search the update on CIAngel or freeShop
freeShop doesn't have updates. CIAngel only has updates.

Reactions: W4T4R1

jEEb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So I finished up installing the CFW, everything is good I think, I tried to run a CIA file and it worked!

Now I went and bought a bigger SD card, do I just copy paste everything in my old SD card to the new one and it will work just fine?

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I finished up installing the CFW, everything is good I think, I tried to run a CIA file and it worked!

Now I went and bought a bigger SD card, do I just copy paste everything in my old SD card to the new one and it will work just fine?
If you don't have an emuNAND yes, you can just copy-paste everything

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thanx for your fast answers but i'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong

i installed ciangel on my 3ds with a9lh and start it -> download json.wings
search for the title like terraria and select the 1.0.2 Update for EUR (like my 3ds is)
but then it tells me "Could not download TMD. Internet/Title ID is OK?"

when i try with 3dnus with title id 000400000016A600 it tells me it doesnt know the titleid nor is it a firmware

when trying
FunKeyCIA.py -nfskeyfile -title 000400000016A600

i get a file with 58MB and i think its the game and not the update -> how can i select the update ?

at the moment i'm searching for a working way to get updates as cia

or is terraria so special ?

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

search for the title like terraria and select the 1.0.2 Update for EUR (like my 3ds is)

when i try with 3dnus with title id 000400000016A600 it tells me it doesnt know the titleid nor is it a firmware

when trying

i get a file with 58MB and i think its the game and not the update -> how can i select the update ?

The TitleID of update is 0004000E0016A600, you wrote it wrong into FunKeyCIA. As for CIAngel, i just tried and it created the Terraria update perfectly. Maybe your 3DS lost the connection for a second?

Last edited by W4T4R1,
Reactions: FunThomas

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

when trying

Try deleting wings.json and redownloading it

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The TitleID of update is 0004000E0016A600, you wrote it wrong into FunKeyCIA. As for CIAngel, i just tried and it created the Terraria update perfectly. Maybe your 3DS lost the connection for a second?

thanx for the hint with the wrong title id :)

is there a page where i can lookup the title ids for the updates or is there always taken the original title id and the E changed?

is there a way to get the info what version the update is available and is downloaded in funkeycia ?

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thanx for the hint with the wrong title id :)

is there a page where i can lookup the title ids for the updates or is there always taken the original title id and the E changed?

is there a way to get the info what version the update is available and is downloaded in funkeycia ?
As far as i know, you only need to change the 0 with a E, since that part tells you if is a game, an update, a dlc...
For the second answer, sorry but i don't know if there is a method to check the update version... I would say it downloads the latest update, but i can't say it for sure

Reactions: FunThomas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7