• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't delete one of them, if you really wish to fix it, just use the H&S.app file you extracted with decrypt9 and re inject it, it should turn back to normal health and saftey again.
and then from there I could install FBI again? If it's too complex I'll just leave it be. Stupid OCD makes me overthink such things.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and then from there I could install FBI again? If it's too complex I'll just leave it be. Stupid OCD makes me overthink such things.
No, is already installed, so you don't need to install it again. AS i said, one is injected into health and safety and the other is on the SD card, So you just inject the original H&S.app file With decrypt9 again and it should be fine.

Reactions: Shadx

adonreborn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a question about dsiware downgrade, if you don't mind. It's not a troubleshooting question but I'm just curious about something.

So basically the point of the system transfer is to copy over the 'hacked' save file of say, fieldrunners, over to device #2, so that we can then take advantage of a vulnerability in the game to downgrade part of the firmware, right?

So my question is this: Why can't we just use a userland homebrew 'file explorer' or 'dsi save injector' to do the same thing? Why is a system transfer necessary?

Sorry if this is a silly question. Thanks.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a question about dsiware downgrade, if you don't mind. It's not a troubleshooting question but I'm just curious about something.

So basically the point of the system transfer is to copy over the 'hacked' save file of say, fieldrunners, over to device #2, so that we can then take advantage of a vulnerability in the game to downgrade part of the firmware, right?

So my question is this: Why can't we just use a userland homebrew 'file explorer' or 'dsi save injector' to do the same thing? Why is a system transfer necessary?

Sorry if this is a silly question. Thanks.
Because the game for dsiware is stored on the system nand, which a regular 3ds does not have access to without enough premissions. Only FBI installer can access the nand save data. That is why in the instructions it tells you to use fbi installer and must be done with a system with access to CFW on it. You can't use FBI ON 11.0 without CFW.

1. Launch FBI on 3DS #1
  2. Navigate to SD
  3. Press A on public.sav and copy it
  4. Press B to get back to the main menu
  5. Navigate to TWL NAND -> title -> 00030004
  6. Navigate to the folder for your game and region:
    • Fieldrunners USA Region: 4b464445 -> data
    • Fieldrunners EUR Region: 4b464456 -> data
    • Legends of Exidia USA Region: 4b4c4545 -> data
    • Legends of Exidia EUR Region: 4b4c4556 -> data
    • Guitar Rock Tour EUR Region: 4b475256 -> data
  7. Press A on the existing public.sav and delete it
  8. Press A on the current directory and paste public.sav

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

xtrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I've completed part3 and I'm about to start 4 and 5.
I tried to backup every file on my SD but Windows cant copy all the files from the Nintendo 3DS folder. I know the backup isnt needed yet but is this normal at this stage
because in Part 5 I have to do a complete backup of the SD.
Also about Section 4, Part 5, step 4:
Do I need to do a boot test or can I just move on to the next step?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I've completed part3 and I'm about to start 4 and 5.
I tried to backup every file on my SD but Windows cant copy all the files from the Nintendo 3DS folder. I know the backup isnt needed yet but is this normal at this stage
because in Part 5 I have to do a complete backup of the SD.
Also about Section 4, Part 5, step 4:
Do I need to do a boot test or can I just move on to the next step?
For the backup, the Nintendo 3DS folder holds your installed games and saves so if you don't have any you care about you can leave it.
For the other bit I can't find the instruction you're referring to.

xtrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For the backup, the Nintendo 3DS folder holds your installed games and saves so if you don't have any you care about you can leave it.
For the other bit I can't find the instruction you're referring to.
ok I didnt know it was something the system generates when you put in a new SD card or when you format the 3ds.
However I did make a succesfull upgrade BEFORE the "Complete RedNAND setup" from PART3. I assume Emunand9 has altered the files after that. I was just curious why it wouldnt work now.

The second question:
"Section IV - Copying RedNAND data to SysNAND

1. Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding Start on boot
  2. Go to "SysNAND Backup/Restore..."
  3. Select "SysNAND Restore"
  4. Confirm and restore from emuNAND_original.bin
  5. Your device should now be able to boot properly once more.
The last step: Will it boot automatically, will it stay in Hourglass9 or should I try boot it myself or should I just go on with the next step?

Daddy Horror

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
onthor road block did the transfer,switched memory card old one is fine but my new one has homebrew but wont go into deryp9 and fbi wont install files ans several weird things,so im going wit the finial back up sysNAND-A9lhax to try again i thought after transfer you can just switch cards and it kinda works so am i taking the right step

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
onthor road block did the transfer,switched memory card old one is fine but my new one has homebrew but wont go into deryp9 and fbi wont install files ans several weird things,so im going wit the finial back up sysNAND-A9lhax to try again i thought after transfer you can just switch cards and it kinda works so am i taking the right step
When you preform the transfer, all data on the sd card gets moved as well and then formatted. Just Put the files nessessary for CFW back on the sd card and it should be okay. You don't need to use the nand back up for this.

Also this is a help thread, if you are gonna just disregard anything people say or do whatever you want, why are you posting here? Are you even asking for help or just sharing what you plan on doing? :mellow:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

xtrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so I'm stuck at this part:
7. Repeat steps 1 through 6, this is not optional (in other words, you must TinyFormat your RedNAND twice - if you do not, your device may brick when you downgrade)

I did format it once, completed the initial setup, went to the system to settings to see if it was still emu 11.., exited system settings, rebooted to launch Luma3ds again but it wont boot now (7min and counting).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone