• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I probably messed up...

I've tried to use this part of the guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
At the very end I've tried to run Luma3ds and update it - turns out that my SysNAND was updated to 11.0.0.33-E.
I've installed menuhax and am able to access homebrew launcher (used browser+website to access it) but I cannot access EmuNAND9 to restore the backup of 9.x to sysNAND.

Did I screw up very hard? what can I do now if I want to install luma3ds? :(
Yes, you have screwed up. The guide even told you to make sure that you were in emuNAND before you updated. EmuNAND9 can only be accessed on a 9.2 sysNAND, iirc. The only way to get Luma3DS now is to either get a hardmod or find someone else with a CFW'd/A9LH'd 3DS to do the Fieldrunners aka DSiWare Downgrade exploit.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Im at the Polar opposite of the guy above me:

So i have successfully done parts 1 and 2.

And im almost at the end of part 3 but i have a question i want to ask here first

Part 3 Step 26 is asking me to update my 2ds Rednand to the latest fw right?
IS this step COMPULSORY? Its not that i dont trust the guide but rather the fact that i have a slow as hell connection. and the download size from 9.2-11.0 is unknown to me.

So is step 26 obligatory in order to succeed in completing Parts 4 and Part 5 of the guide?

Last edited by Abu_Senpai,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im at the Polar opposite of the guy above me:

So i have successfully done parts 1 and 2.

And im almost at the end of part 3 but i have a question i want to ask here first

Part 3 Step 26 is asking me to update my 2ds Rednand to the latest fw right?
IS this step COMPULSORY? Its not that i dont trust the guide but rather the fact that i have a slow as hell connection. and the doenload size from 9.2-11.0 is unknown to me.

So if step 26 obligatory in order to succeed in completing Parts 4 and Part 5 of the guide?
Don't count me on this but: I've read that, if you decide to do the A9LH route, that the downgrade to 2.1.0 succeeds more when done from an 11.0 emuNAND. Don't take my word for that though as I've forgotten where I've read that. I've installed A9LH on my 3 systems, all 3 times were done with an 11.0 emuNAND, downgraded to 2.1.0 from 11.0, and had no issues other than the SD card needing to be out of the system in order for it to boot.

GoMati

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, you have screwed up. The guide even told you to make sure that you were in emuNAND before you updated. EmuNAND9 can only be accessed on a 9.2 sysNAND, iirc. The only way to get Luma3DS now is to either get a hardmod or find someone else with a CFW'd/A9LH'd 3DS to do the Fieldrunners aka DSiWare Downgrade exploit.
I'm super sad but definitely appreciate that. Thank you

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Don't count me on this but: I've read that, if you decide to do the A9LH route, that the downgrade to 2.1.0 succeeds more when done from an 11.0 emuNAND. Don't take my word for that though as I've forgotten where I've read that. I've installed A9LH on my 3 systems, all 3 times were done with an 11.0 emuNAND, downgraded to 2.1.0 from 11.0, and had no issues other than the SD card needing to be out of the system in order for it to boot.

hmm this guy here had the same problem and said this about it:

Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Like I said, I forgot where I read that.
Was he right though about this "Sounds like if the rest works fine, I can always restore to the 9.2 I have now backed up."

Meaning if something did go wrong could i use my backed up sysnad and start over?

ALSO offtopic but since i did part 3 my 4gb mem card went from 3.5 to 2.5. Is that normal?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was he right though about this "Sounds like if the rest works fine, I can always restore to the 9.2 I have now backed up."

Meaning if something did go wrong could i use my backed up sysnad and start over?

ALSO offtopic but since i did part 3 my 4gb mem card went from 3.5 to 2.5. Is that normal?
I'd back up both sysNAND and your emuNAND and you could restore the emuNAND backup if something did happen.

Going down a GB in size should be normal because you set up your emuNAND, which is stored on your SD card.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I'd back up both sysNAND and your emuNAND and you could restore the emuNAND backup if something did happen.

Going down a GB in size should be normal because you set up your emuNAND, which is stored on your SD card.

Did the following of part 4 section 1 and when i booted into HBL it shows "the menuhax loader on the top screen and a yellow screen on the bottom"

1. Delete the PlaiSysUpdater folder from the 3ds folder on your SD card
  2. Copy both the OTPHelper folder from the OTPHelper zip and the Decrypt9WIP folder from the Decrypt9 zip to the /3ds/ folder on your SD card
  3. Copy PlaiSysUpdater.cia from the PlaiSysUpdater zip, TinyFormat.cia from the TinyFormat zip, and arm11.bin and arm9.bin from the OTPHelper zip to the root of your SD card
  4. Delete the Decrypt9 folder from the root of your SD card if you have one
EDIT:Somehow got passed it

and now carrying on with part 4

Thanks

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
New 3DS user here. It just arrived today and I also have Pokemon Omega Ruby. To my understanding, there is an homebrew exploit called basehaxx that allows playing games from SD card.
How does this work? I know it is run by selecting an option from the PC in your secret base.

Are there any other ways to run games from SD card on a v11 New 3DS, other than flashcards?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New 3DS user here. It just arrived today and I also have Pokemon Omega Ruby. To my understanding, there is an homebrew exploit called basehaxx that allows playing games from SD card.
How does this work? I know it is run by selecting an option from the PC in your secret base.

Are there any other ways to run games from SD card on a v11 New 3DS, other than flashcards?
you need to downgrade. on 11.0 you can only do this with a hardmod or DSiware + another 3DS with custom firmware.

you can use homebrew through the internet browser, but this doesn't allow for running commercial games from the SD card.

jnsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I havent touched my 3ds for more than a year, now that i come back ive seen a lot of progress on the hacking scene, most importantly cfw. Im wondering what's best for my 3ds, its 4.3.0-9u and i have a gateway. Should i install a cfw, if not what should I do? Thanks

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havent touched my 3ds for more than a year, now that i come back ive seen a lot of progress on the hacking scene, most importantly cfw. Im wondering what's best for my 3ds, its 4.3.0-9u and i have a gateway. Should i install a cfw, if not what should I do? Thanks
update to 9.2.0-20U sysnand: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Freeway-Browser

you can install menuhax on this, and boot into Gateway mode quicker.

random question but do you use any roms with your Gateway red card?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, just the ones ive bought, for easier one card access.
if you want, you can install your games as CIA files (like digital downloads from the eshop), and use a different "custom firmware", removing the need for your Gateway red card entirely (just need 3DS and SD card). you can also transfer save files so you don't lose them.

this is entirely your choice though, you can keep using the card if you want.

don't update to 9.2.0-20U yet though, you should export save files from your roms on the GW red card, since updating to 9.2 might break a few of them if you don't export first. you can bring this to a PM (to not flood this thread).

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
you need to downgrade. on 11.0 you can only do this with a hardmod or DSiware + another 3DS with custom firmware.

you can use homebrew through the internet browser, but this doesn't allow for running commercial games from the SD card.
Isn't 11.0 Non-downgradable?

ISO-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PART 5 / o3d

my controls will not go up/down.. only left-right. also, going to that website dukesrg my screen seems stuck on arm11.bin loading.

I downgraded sys instead red (My fault).

Is the Browser OTP a must to upgrade sys from Sylanders Superchargers Cart?

If so, any ideas how to fix stuck on arm11.bin loading (website dukesrg)

Thanks,

ISO-Man

Funkentanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I did it! I have now A9LH with Luma :D
It wasn't that hard, like it thought it would be. But now I have another Question:
I decided to go with a new SD Card and not using my old EmuNAND. But I saved the savegames of 3 games, I don't want to lose with JK SaveManager. Is there something I need to know before restore the saves after reinstalling the games?

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it! I have now A9LH with Luma :D
It wasn't that hard, like it thought it would be. But now I have another Question:
I decided to go with a new SD Card and not using my old EmuNAND. But I saved the savegames of 3 games, I don't want to lose with JK SaveManager. Is there something I need to know before restore the saves after reinstalling the games?
back up the save games with save manager, then just restore them when you wanna continue. :)

That all you have to do. :P

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month...