• Start date
  • Views 4,475,779
  • Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get to my save data backups, like on the SD Card?
EDIT: I found out, now which one is which? I have
00a
00b
00c
00d
So..... Specifically, I want the one that's for Ocarina of time.
If you must know, it's in SDHC\Nintendo 3DS\(A LOT of jumbled up stuff.)\(Even more of it.)\backup\

Last edited by supergamer368,

Felix954

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried opening doom and playing that to clear out the "memory problem" before launching the downgrade but nothing different happens.

EDIT: seen 2 post saying it will not work with smashhax and i have to install the OOT-HAX to make it work. : (

Last edited by Felix954,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, toshiba 4gb that came with n3ds.

I see there is a Playsisupdater.cia file in the playsysupdater_v04 folder that is not mentioned in the guide, should that be placed in the root to?
No you can't use that one yet. That is for later. Only the homebrew one can be used.
Just curious, is your system formatted prior to beginnning this process?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, not formatted.
should i try that? can i back up my save data without the downgrade?
Well depends, you shouldn't have to yet since is not mentioned in the guide until part 3.
"This version of PlaiSysUpdater (which is compatible with >9.2.0 systems) uses an unstable exploit, and because of this it may take many tries just to load the button prompts."

To my knowledge it never happened to me and i didn't format before starting so you shouldn't either. I was just asking.
Please try maybe copying the files to the sd card again. Its possible sometimes file get corrupted. Copy the plaisysupdater and the update files and try again.

If it doesn't work try backing up all files on sd card, and formatting it again (With fat 32) Then Copy the files again and try. :unsure:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Felix954

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried re-writing the files but no luck. I actually have gotten the button prompts 100% of the time, even smashbros hax has been running at around 95% of the tries.

TheGreek Boy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Greece
hi guys i want to downgrade a 2ds 10.7 to 9.2 using the legend of zelda ocarina of time 3d but when i'm trying to install oothax on ocarina of time with an already hacked 3ds every time it says something went wrong. can u guys help me?

sorry for my bad english

Felix954

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did yout try to format the sd card like i said?
yes, no difference. is there other versions of system updater? it seems like the youtube videos i have seen are displaying something slightly different than what the guide has you download.

i'll keep an eye out for any new info but i think i'm going to rent OOT and try that method now that i can do the hax with the homebrew launcher it seems that the system updater works a lot better with that entry method. i've also read that sky3ds+ and a rom of CN work well.

Last edited by Felix954,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, no difference. is there other versions of system updater? it seems like the youtube videos i have seeen are displaying something slightly different than what the guide has you download.
Don't pay attention to the videos, many users here have only followed the guide written in text and it says how it is not 100% accurate, just keep trying. :unsure:

eworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is it possible to do a complete System Transfer (Nintendo ID, software, saves and all) from a clean 11.0 Old3DS to a hacked New3DS? If so, would it be possible to still have all the software and eShop access on both the New3DS's SysNAND and emuNAND (I'm thinking Luma) or would only one of them contain everything?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to do a complete System Transfer (Nintendo ID, software, saves and all) from a clean 11.0 Old3DS to a hacked New3DS? If so, would it be possible to still have all the software and eShop access on both the New3DS's SysNAND and emuNAND (I'm thinking Luma) or would only one of them contain everything?
It is possible to my knowledge but i Recommend installing the a9lh on the system you are transfering to before doing so... but is just me. If i understand correctly, You could system transfer to emunand but then again, I never heard anyone trying that or neither i have myself so is your call buddy, find out for us? :D

People only system transfer to primary sysnand, not emunand, and if you do system transfer to one, You would need to create a new nand back up of one and copy to the other which is dumb and never should be done just cause you want the same set up on both sysnand and emunand. System transfer only effects one nand not both, you would have two complete different nand from each other in this case.

Again i recommend installing a9lh before doing this, Or creating nand back up before, (if anything goes wrong) And after (If sucessful) :unsure:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If you are using a micro sd card with adaptor, switch to a Regular sd card. It is better in this case.
If you ignore my first noticed, make sure your sd card is formatted to fat32 format, for better compatibiliy.
Make sure the sd card is fitting perfectly inside the slot. :unsure:

Red screens are common, boot rate accuracy is not 100% so keep trying eventually you will get through, also make sure boot.3dsx is not courrpted.

FBI has a update function from the app, if your running a more recent version of 2.3.3
If your files are 3dsx run through homebrew launcher, then Just replace the files with updated ones.
If you are using cia installs through fbi installer just copy the update cia over and install it again.
Also you can use this page to scan qr codes for homebrew apps to install directly which is always updated.
https://titledb.com
There is also a app that lets you download homebrew just the same
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-homebr3w-simple-homebrew-browser-and-installer.434105/
After installing this (Either by cia or scanning qr code on page with fbi) You can just run the homebrew browser program and it will notify you of updates of apps you have, you can simply just download them there.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)
The page list most common used homebrew entry points. Some may require save data transfer through datel powersaves device or someone who already has access to homebrew on their 3ds and a gamecard to replace save data with.
Of course some are more complicated than others while smash hax require linux and such, to freakyhax needing to scan qr codes. But as long as you can get your hands on appropriate software title then you should be okay. Please read all the notoes before choosing.:teach:

The FBI file I installed when I was doing the guide was in version 2.3.1. what do I have to do to update it?I am thinking of doing the process again,am I correct?
Thanks for the 2 links you gave me (especially the one for the .cia files!they are very helpful!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu