Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any advantages to using A9LH right now?
Or just use emunand with 11.0?

==
How can i update FBI to latest version?
I download FBI zip but forgotten what to do..
It's been a while since I last installed FBI etc..
Just install FBI.cia from that zip with your current CIA Installer, if it's FBI that's injected in H&S, then you'll end up with 2, just move the H&S one into a folder and keep it as backup.

Got my 3ds today, its Arm9LoaderHax A9LH.

Problem is the previous owner hasn't reseted it?, so how do you reset it?. Will I lose all FBI installer, Homebrew Channel and stuff?.
You'll have to System Format if you want to start "fresh" - If you want to make sure you have your A9LH setup properly, I guess you could follow Part 5 of Plailect's A9LH Guide.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

You'll of course need to skip steps and sections that don't relate to you. You basically want to do Sections I, III, VI, and skip any steps that don't actually apply to you from those sections.

phelen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Thanks, in the meantime. I have a cia file but somehow despite finding it on the sd card via fbi installer I can't install it. SImply gives me file action delete,copy, or paste?. No install.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, in the meantime. I have a cia file but somehow despite finding it on the sd card via fbi installer I can't install it. SImply gives me file action delete,copy, or paste?. No install.
Are you sure you have A9LH installed? Can I get a screenshot of your SD Card root contents. Does holding Select at boot time give you the Luma3DS config?

phelen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
boots to the luma3ds config when I hold select, gives me option.

Let me grab a photo of the sd card

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here's the photo, CIA folder is the one I created and put on the sd card.

Attachments

• 20160707_141143.jpg
    20160707_141143.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 230

Subhaan2703

Trophies
XP
Country
Just finished part 3 of the guide but I had to use luma 5.2 as the newer version wouldn't work for me. Should I update luma to the newest version before going for the full a9lh installation or just procede as is? And if I should update luma how on earth do I do that? (Currently finished part 3 of plailet guide)

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boots to the luma3ds config when I hold select, gives me option.

Let me grab a photo of the sd card

Here's the photo, CIA folder is the one I created and put on the sd card.
And what exactly is in the CIA folder? You need .cia files to install them. Use freeShop as that may be easier.
Links: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-freeshop-open-source-eshop-clone.426573/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-enctitlekeysupdater-for-freeshop.429912/

Just finished part 3 of the guide but I had to use luma 5.2 as the newer version wouldn't work for me. Should I update luma to the newest version before going for the full a9lh installation or just procede as is? And if I should update luma how on earth do I do that? (Currently finished part 3 of plailet guide)
I would use StarUpdater or LumaUpdater to update Luma3DS, and see if that works to get you to the latest version. Otherwise, you might need to try to do it with 5.2, though I've never done that, nor do I take any responsibility if things go badly.

StarUpdater: https://github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases
LumaUpdater: https://github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases

phelen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Inside the cia folder is zelda mm.

It sees the file but I can't install it for some reason.

Luma3d is up to date as well.

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inside the cia folder is zelda mm.

It sees the file but I can't install it for some reason.

Luma3d is up to date as well.
Install Zelda mm3d using ciangel, for me it's significantly faster than freeshop.

However if u have the games cia you could use big blue menu, dev menu(?) Or fbi

Maridor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So it's seems I'm not a complete idiot, and I managed to hack my o3ds without bricking it! Thanks for your help guys :D
Now my new question is, as far as I understand it I can play 3ds games by installing cia files, what about ds games? I have many roms of those, is there a way to use them?

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, unfortunately, there is not a way to play DS games without a flashcart. nds-card.com is GBATemp's official sponsor, so I'd buy from them, on top of many users speaking highly of them.
As for 3DS games, you are correct in stating the CIA files are installable games [CTR (3DS codename) Installable Application].
Do you have a9lh? If not, we can help you with installing it. Very highly recommended to have.

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
So it's seems I'm not a complete idiot, and I managed to hack my o3ds without bricking it! Thanks for your help guys :D
Now my new question is, as far as I understand it I can play 3ds games by installing cia files, what about ds games? I have many roms of those, is there a way to use them?
If you have a spare DS flashcart that used to work with any of the previous systems you may have owned, it will also now work on your newly hacked 3DS. That way, you can run DS roms. If you don't, you'll either have to buy one or wait till this guy manages to get his emulator running at a playable speed: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-3desmume-ds-emulator-for-3ds.430223/

Just got NFIRM error whilst trying to downgrade rednand to 2.1, any help?
Did you review
Your RedNAND SecureInfo_A MUST be the same as your SysNAND SecureInfo_A or you will BRICK. If you have changed your RedNAND region or otherwise modified SecureInfo_A in any way, you MUST create a NEW RedNAND or you will BRICK.

You MUST downgrade with the correct pack for your console region or you will BRICK.

If you are using ReiNand, you MUST be using the latest version (v4.1 or above) or you will be unable to downgrade NATIVE_FIRM on EmuNAND/RedNAND and PlaiSysUpdater will fail 100% of the time.
precautions as told?

Dexeox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes my Ver is 11.0.0-33E so i may buy this R4i Gold? And this will work? Im newbie with this things :c I never update my DSi so i dont have problem. And if i will buy it i will be able to play 3ds games to or only with .nds ending?

Are you using CFW? If you are on stock 11.0, then that card won't work. Been blocked for a good while now.
I recommend you get the R4i Gold (r4ids.cn version)
Link: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

As long as you have the latest ReiNand release, and you make sure you are in EmuNAND and update via System Settings, you should be fine.

Current recommend FW methods are A9LH. With Luma3DS as the CFW of choice.
Plailect's A9LH Guide covers how to get there - It's a long process so you better have time set aside, and you better read every step and follow the guide as written.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Last edited by Dexeox,

Kinqdra

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes my Ver is 11.0.0-33E so i may buy this R4i Gold? And this will work? Im newbie with this things :c I never update my DSi so i dont have problem. And if i will buy it i will be able to play 3ds games to or only with .nds ending?
Can you link to the flashcart you were planning on buying? Sounds like a DS flashcart to me though, meaning you'll only be able to play DS games (no 3DS) with it.. If you want to play 3DS games, you can pickup a Sky3DS and I can tell you that it does what it's meant to very well though it is quite expensive. Your 3rd option is to have your 3DS hardmoded and get a copy of FreakyForms Deluxe (you can also emulate that game on a Sky 3DS to do the job). With the help of those, you'll be able to install a CFW on your 3DS which will grant you a lot of extra features.

Last edited by Kinqdra,

Dexeox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Can you link to the flashcart you were planning on buying? Sounds like a DS flashcart to me though, meaning you'll only be able to play DS games (no 3DS) with it.. If you want to play 3DS games, you can pickup a Sky3DS, I can tell you that it does what it's meant to very well though it is quite expensive. Your 3rd option is to have your 3DS hardmoded and get a copy of FreakyForms Deluxe (you can also emulate that game on a Sky 3DS to do the job). With the help of those, you'll be able to install a CFW on your 3DS which will grant a lot of extra features.

I have another currency so yea Sky3DS is rly expensive i think about this one (i know another language) http://allegro.pl/nagrywarka-gier-nds-r4i-sdhc-3ds-rts-8gb-dsi-dsl-i6311221249.html or R4i Dual-Core RTS 2016.

Last edited by Dexeox,

Kinqdra

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia

Maridor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Kinqdra

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia

I would suggest a DSTT, as it's quite cheap, it can run the YSMenu (firmware that enables playing most DS games with AP), works with high capacity sd cards and enables CIA forwarding on the 3DS - meaning, with a bit of work, you'll be able to run your DS games right of the 3DS menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Use your wifes big mamba harnest to hold your phone +1