• Views 4,519,864
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you misunderstood me, sorry I should've been more clear about what I said. So essentially a save manager inside FBI its self? Exporting/importing saves from both digital/physical carts? I know how to dump games and stuff. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, the latest version of fbi installer 2.3.2 has a save manager for both game cards and installed games :)

Attachments

• bot_0010.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 306

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I have Luma3ds CFW with a9lh, and everything set up according to Plailect's guide. Luma3ds was just updated.

Recently, I inserted a retail cartridge of Smash Bros. It said there was an update available for the game, and I told it to go ahead and update, thinking that the CFW had enough safeguards in place to prevent anything bad from happening. Then, it gave an error message in the middle of the update, and exited back to the home menu. On the home menu, all of the CIAs I had installed are now gone.

How can these be recovered, and how can this be prevented in the future?
Thanks

That's strange, do you have a NAND backup? I'd imagine you do.

Reactions: parvulus

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Luma3ds CFW with a9lh, and everything set up according to Plailect's guide. Luma3ds was just updated.

Recently, I inserted a retail cartridge of Smash Bros. It said there was an update available for the game, and I told it to go ahead and update, thinking that the CFW had enough safeguards in place to prevent anything bad from happening. Then, it gave an error message in the middle of the update, and exited back to the home menu. On the home menu, all of the CIAs I had installed are now gone.

How can these be recovered, and how can this be prevented in the future?
Thanks
Sounds like your SD Card is failing, as that's not normal. You'd probably want to check that out.

Yes, the latest version of fbi installer 2.3.2 has a save manager for both game cards and installed games :)
Ooh interesting, thank you!
Wrong. That has been available since the 2.0.0 release.
Link: https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases/tag/2.0.0

2.3.2 was more of a bug fix in regards to save export//import data. While 2.3.1 // 2.3.0 introduced DS save management.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your SD Card is failing, as that's not normal. You'd probably want to check that out.

Wrong. That has been available since the 2.0.0 release.
Link: https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases/tag/2.0.0

2.3.2 was more of a bug fix in regards to save export//import data. While 2.3.1 // 2.3.0 introduced DS save management.
I know it has been available since ealier versions but i am not wrong since i said "2.3.2 has save management." It be wrong if i said it did not. But it does. My point was fbi was updated to have save management and that the latest version is 2.3.2 for anyone who may not have known that. :)

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it has been available since ealier versions but i am not wrong since i said "2.3.2 has save management." It be wrong if i said it did not. But it does. My point was fbi was updated to have save management and that the latest version is 2.3.2 for anyone who may not have known that. :)
Your post implied it was a new feature, that required 2.3.2, which it does not. While people should keep FBI updated, the feature has been around since 2.0.0. Probably why it isn't widely used or mentioned, is because JKSM allows us to backup so easily, and name our backups. While with FBI we have to manually export and import, even in 2.3.2 this is still true.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your post implied it was a new feature, that required 2.3.2, which it does not. While people should keep FBI updated, the feature has been around since 2.0.0. Probably why it isn't widely used or mentioned, is because JKSM allows us to backup so easily, and name our backups. While with FBI we have to manually export and import, even in 2.3.2 this is still true.
Sorry, i wasn't aware that people would take it that way. Thanks for making it clear. :unsure:

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan

I mean, in the long run its more ideal to use JKSM although seeing FBI to have an inside feature is nice.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, in the long run its more ideal to use JKSM although seeing FBI to have an inside feature is nice.
Yes~ It's a nice feature to have~ In an already amazing CIA Installer~ ^_^ But I still prefer JKSM, and it took me a while to switch from SaveDataFiler, since I had at one point preferred SaveDataFiler over JKSM and didn't want to switch. :P

JKSM? never heard of it, sound like SVDT which are very bad and forgettable names.:mellow:
Short for JK's Save Manager
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the only problem with fbi save manager is not being able to create folders or rename stuff or even proper file management. but maybe soon one can only hope.

What is wrong with the post button O_O

Dexeox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi.
I have R41 Renovation V2.10T card and this don't work on my new 3ds :c I don't wanna buy new card and my problem is when i (umm i will give photo...) Please help me my Kingdom heart wait ;_; If this wont work say me this so i will buy new one but what card i mean take?
20160706_231430-jpg.55314

madmax2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is it safe to update to 11.0.0-33 in emunand + reinand
and what is the best way to do so?

What is the current recommended fw hacks to use?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I have R41 Renovation V2.10T card and this don't work on my new 3ds :c I don't wanna buy new card and my problem is when i (umm i will give photo...) Please help me my Kingdom heart wait ;_; If this wont work say me this so i will buy new one but what card i mean take?
Are you using CFW? If you are on stock 11.0, then that card won't work. Been blocked for a good while now.
I recommend you get the R4i Gold (r4ids.cn version)
Link: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

is it safe to update to 11.0.0-33 in emunand + reinand
and what is the best way to do so?

What is the current recommended fw hacks to use?
As long as you have the latest ReiNand release, and you make sure you are in EmuNAND and update via System Settings, you should be fine.

Current recommend FW methods are A9LH. With Luma3DS as the CFW of choice.
Plailect's A9LH Guide covers how to get there - It's a long process so you better have time set aside, and you better read every step and follow the guide as written.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

madmax2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using CFW? If you are on stock 11.0, then that card won't work. Been blocked for a good while now.
I recommend you get the R4i Gold (r4ids.cn version)
Link: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

As long as you have the latest ReiNand release, and you make sure you are in EmuNAND and update via System Settings, you should be fine.

Current recommend FW methods are A9LH. With Luma3DS as the CFW of choice.
Plailect's A9LH Guide covers how to get there - It's a long process so you better have time set aside, and you better read every step and follow the guide as written.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Any advantages to using A9LH right now?
Or just use emunand with 11.0?

==
How can i update FBI to latest version?
I download FBI zip but forgotten what to do..
It's been a while since I last installed FBI etc..

guledk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all I got a gateway cart but haven't used it in several months. I'm looking to get back into using it so wanted to update the EmuNAND to the latest version (ver. 11.0.0-33E) but problem is when I check the gateway site I see some beta out but nothing like the old download updates for the old exploit to enter gateway mode. Totally confused and not sure where I go from here. Help please?

phelen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Got my 3ds today, its Arm9LoaderHax A9LH.

Problem is the previous owner hasn't reseted it?, so how do you reset it?. Will I lose all FBI installer, Homebrew Channel and stuff?.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But you said pine apple...