• Views 4,519,197
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

frillyseal_69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had someone help me with my custom firmware before... so if i'm on the latest firmware like 11.0 that mean's i can't get CFW? if that is true what is the lowest firmware 10.5?
nope u cant get a cfw on 11.0

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nope u cant get a cfw on 11.0
ignore me im aparently wrong

frillyseal_69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so does anyone know how to transfer saves from cartridge to rom?

then i got lucky a long long time ago then. just wanted to make sure. and i don't think we will see an option for CFW on a 11.0 higher firmware will we?
i think i may be wrong acually

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me rephrase this

of you have homebrew access on 11.0 then you can use a9lh like me and have CFW from boot OR
Downgrade from 11.0 (which works fairly well) to a CFW Compatible version Or downgrade to 9.2 and install a9lh. i recommend you do this as you can have CFW and internet access.
A9LH takes a while to setup but is definitly worth it. i have it running on my 2DS

then i got lucky a long long time ago then. just wanted to make sure. and i don't think we will see an option for CFW on a 11.0 higher firmware will we?
Look at the Wii. after Nintendo stop releasing updates people eventually found exploits for homebrew and now most everybody on this website with a wii has homebrew. after maybe the next hand held is released by nintnendo this will most likely happen

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had someone help me with my custom firmware before... so if i'm on the latest firmware like 11.0 that mean's i can't get CFW? if that is true what is the lowest firmware 10.5?
Let me rephrase this

of you have homebrew access on 11.0 then you can use a9lh like me and have CFW from boot OR
Downgrade from 11.0 (which works fairly well) to a CFW Compatible version Or downgrade to 9.2 and install a9lh. i recommend you do this as you can have CFW and internet access.
A9LH takes a while to setup but is definitly worth it. i have it running on my 2DS

Look at the Wii. after Nintendo stop releasing updates people eventually found exploits for homebrew and now most everybody on this website with a wii has homebrew. after maybe the next hand held is released by nintnendo this will most likely happen
What the hell are you on about?

If you are on stock//vanilla 11.0.0-33 you MUST get a hardware mod to downgrade.

How to hardmod: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/
Once you have a hardmod you follow this: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Hardmod-Downgrade

Or get a hardmod done by a trusted installer: http://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/

The only thing you can do on stock//vanilla 11.0.0-33 is use the Homebrew Launcher to run Homebrew. None of the downgrade methods work, if you don't get a Hardware mod.

We can downgrade up to 10.5 without the need of a cartridge based exploit, if you have a working browser. 10.6 and 10.7 require a cartridge based exploit. 11.0, like I've already said, requires a hardmod.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell are you on about?

If you are on stock//vanilla 11.0.0-33 you MUST get a hardware mod to downgrade.

How to hardmod: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/
Once you have a hardmod you follow this: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Hardmod-Downgrade

Or get a hardmod done by a trusted installer: http://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/

The only thing you can do on stock//vanilla 11.0.0-33 is use the Homebrew Launcher to run Homebrew. None of the downgrade methods work, if you don't get a Hardware mod.

We can downgrade up to 10.5 without the need of a cartridge based exploit, if you have a working browser. 10.6 and 10.7 require a cartridge based exploit. 11.0, like I've already said, requires a hardmod.
sorry forgot about that. ironically i had this https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Hardmod-Downgrade open on a tab

Last edited by Protatoxxxeater,

Arched

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I found a save file online for Stella Glow's New Game + and I wanted to use it, but it's stored as a .bin. I've been looking on how to convert this to .sav so I can use it on Gateway, but I've never really dealt with importing save files before and all the results online have only confused me. How would I go about converting my downloaded .bin file to a .sav file? I'm using Gateway Ultra 3.7.1 Beta for reference.

jucaa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, i just got a 8.1.0-19U 3ds and a new 16gb sd card, now i need to upgrade it to 9.2

Since i just opened both the 3ds and the 16gb sd card, do i need to transfer the files from the 3ds sd card to the new sd card or can i just put the files i need to start the process on the new sd card and put it in the 3ds?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, i just got a 8.1.0-19U 3ds and a new 16gb sd card, now i need to upgrade it to 9.2

Since i just opened both the 3ds and the 16gb sd card, do i need to transfer the files from the 3ds sd card to the new sd card or can i just put the files i need to start the process on the new sd card and put it in the 3ds?
. . . what you should do is follow this guide
Home · Plailect/Guide Wiki · GitHub

(it is meant to be followed from the un-boxing of a 3ds) it will help you to install a9lh [if you dont know what that is , , , use google . . . basically it lets you boot cfw before ofw has a chance to boot (similar to bootmii for wii) allowing for extra features like brick recovery & super fast cfw boots and a 100% cfw boot-rate] and install luma3ds (a cfw)

warning if you have trouble reading and following instructions don't use this guide as you will likely brick

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I succesfully dumped my AS/X game and randomized it.

However when i try to open it with HANS it says Invalid path.

The files are located on my SD ROOT Hans/the romfs files.

I tried renaming it to the full id and shorter id but nothing works, also did the HxD thing, but to no avail.

Any other tips?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shall i use screeninit or noscreeninit?
That's up to you to decide. I use screen-init personally, especially since I use BootAnim9. Part 5 describes the difference.

Screeninit arm9loaderhax payloads turn on the screen before handing control over to arm9loaderhax.bin (making sure it works with all arm9loaderhax.bin files), while noscreeninit arm9loaderhax payloads do not (allowing arm9loaderhax.bin to control things like brightness during boot). You can choose to use either (the guide used to only have screeninit payloads).

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I found a save file online for Stella Glow's New Game + and I wanted to use it, but it's stored as a .bin. I've been looking on how to convert this to .sav so I can use it on Gateway, but I've never really dealt with importing save files before and all the results online have only confused me. How would I go about converting my downloaded .bin file to a .sav file? I'm using Gateway Ultra 3.7.1 Beta for reference.
The .bin files are for use with Powersaves

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?