kibin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm reading about sysNAND 9.2 update (I have a o3ds 4.4, because GW, but I don't play for months (time, college, etc). And ARM9 without GW looks better). But this part "If you already have a RedNAND setup", what is that? I read about the diference between NAND, but I still dont understand. Another question, as I have a GW, I need format the sysNAND, for the exploit on DS Profile doesn't work anymore and retire the GW card?

Last edited by kibin,

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So it's been a while. let me get this straight.

1)A9LH is an exploit that turns your sysnand into cfw-sysnand
2) a9lh allows you to update your cfw-encrusted sysnand to the latest Nintendo firmware no matter what and when and you don't have to worry about compatibility issues like if it was updating emunand.
3) a9lh requires you to be on 9.2 to start the process, but, when successfully completed means that you can just press update firmware in sysnand settings.
4) a9lh doesn't have a "layer of cfw" like emunand is to sysnand
5) this means that when booting it will ALWAYS be booting cfw sysnand and no longer and never ever a stock Nintendo sysnand

Questions

6) Does a9lh allow you to still have an emunand partition and choose to boot cfw-sysnand or emunand upon coldboot?
7) if yes, is there a boot manager that can detect nands at different addresses? I.e having 2 emunands on one sd and being able to choose either emunands or just cfw-sysnand to boot.

Tephie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So it's been a while. let me get this straight.

1)A9LH is an exploit that turns your sysnand into cfw-sysnand
2) a9lh allows you to update your cfw-encrusted sysnand to the latest Nintendo firmware no matter what and when and you don't have to worry about compatibility issues like if it was updating emunand.
3) a9lh requires you to be on 9.2 to start the process, but, when successfully completed means that you can just press update firmware in sysnand settings.
4) a9lh doesn't have a "layer of cfw" like emunand is to sysnand
5) this means that when booting it will ALWAYS be booting cfw sysnand and no longer and never ever a stock Nintendo sysnand

Questions

6) Does a9lh allow you to still have an emunand partition and choose to boot cfw-sysnand or emunand upon coldboot?
7) if yes, is there a boot manager that can detect nands at different addresses? I.e having 2 emunands on one sd and being able to choose either emunands or just cfw-sysnand to boot.

To both answers, Luma3DS does it
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
ok i'm just lost about one thing now, do I need emunand to play cia games? I thought emunand was only for gateway...
No, you don't. What you need is signature patching. The reason people use emuNAND (which can be used with almost any CFW, not just Gateway) is because sig patching is only available on firmware 9.2 or less, which means you can't play any games released in the last year or two. So people use emuNAND so they can have an updated system to play new games on while still keeping their real system on 9.2 to enable hacks.

A9LH allows us to still have sig patching on 11.0, so there's no need to run an emuNAND anymore.

clifford83

Trophies
XP
Country
Could someone please help me? i had a 3DS XL (old one) and i updated to v11 by accident. So it tried to make a hardmod but i lifted one of the pads due to too much heat! ARGHHH!. Since then i've purchased another 3DS XL (old one again) on 10.3 firmware. I have 3DS GATEWAY and im at a total loss on how to set this up again, i have completely forgot. All the tutorials online and supplied with the gateway firmware are for using the BLUE card supplied with the gateway, this blue card does not work with my firmware version according to info i found while googling all night. I then put everything on the existing red card and main sd card, but when i go to internet browser it CONSTANTLY asks me to update the software on the 3DS!.

I have spent 2 days on it and i am totally and utterly lost!. Hence last resort coming on here. Can someone PLEASE kindly give me some pointers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag