• Views 4,518,133
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I'm having troubles getting Boot Manager off my N3DS Xl. Im trying to get Luma3DS working so I can replace Reinand, but I can't for the live of me get the Boot Manager off. I've tried deleting the Boot.cfg, Boot.3dsx, and the who Menuhax_Manager folder in the 3DS. Each time I boot though it makes a new config file and starts the boot manager anyway. Am I missing something here?

I'll get Pics of my SD card when I can.

Last edited by Phemeto,

Tephie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, so as title says I'm having issues with this. Im trying to get Luma3DS working so I can replace Reinand, but I can't for the live of me get the Boot Manager off. I've tried deleting the Boot.cfg, Boot.3dsx, and the who Menuhax_Manager folder in the 3DS. Each time I boot though it makes a new config file and starts the boot manager anyway. Am I missing something here?

If you already have A9LH working: delete arm9loaderhax.bin from your sdcard then extract that file (arm9loaderhax.bin) and the luma folder from the luma3ds v5.5 zip

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete arm9loaderhax.bin from your sdcard then extract that file (arm9loaderhax.bin) and the luma folder from the luma3ds v5.5 zip

yeah that doesnt work, been there. I've been trying to get luma on for weeks. the boot manager just freezes as it starts to load luma. I just need to get rid of the boot manager. my other 3DS that was running RXtools and no boot has luma now just fine

Tephie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hmm that's odd, if you have luma's arm9loaderhax.bin on the sdcard root and a9lh installed it should load right away. Maybe if you try to reinstal a9lh

Last edited by Tephie,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so as title says I'm having issues with this. Im trying to get Luma3DS working so I can replace Reinand, but I can't for the live of me get the Boot Manager off. I've tried deleting the Boot.cfg, Boot.3dsx, and the who Menuhax_Manager folder in the 3DS. Each time I boot though it makes a new config file and starts the boot manager anyway. Am I missing something here?

So you are on a menuhax setup or are you using A9LH? As the previous posts are confusing me. Show me pics of your SD Card.

theonlyzii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So in what version is your sysNAND currently, i've had a problem like this before, and with some help i've got my otp.bin on 2.1.x.x, uninstalled a9lh, updated to 4.x.x.x [via cartridge] then installed a9lh back
its on 2.10 right now, is there any step by step tutorial to do that im still fairly new at this

theonlyzii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wait, wait. How did you get to 2.1? Do you have any NAND backups of 9.2 or 11.0 as the guide instructed you to make? Are you on a New 3DS or Old 3DS?
i follow the guide without any hitch up until the point i need to open hourglass9. it stayed on blank screen
and yes i do have multiple sysnand & emunand backups n3ds

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i follow the guide without any hitch up until the point i need to open hourglass9. it stayed on blank screen
and yes i do have multiple sysnand & emunand backups n3ds
Can you please post pictures of the root of your SD Card, as well as the contents of your /luma/ and /luma/payloads/ folders.

Please and thank you~

theonlyzii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Everything looks fine. Could you try downloading Hourglass9 again, and replacing the one that's already there. Then trying to boot into by holding Start. Another thing you could try is to instead name it "down_Hg9.bin" and try loading that while holding D-PAD down at boot time.
did exacty what you said no luck screen still black

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't touched my 3ds in ages, currently version 4.4 with gateway omega version 2.6. Any way I can play SSB online?
latest gateway "public beta" is 3.7.1. update to 11.0.0-33 in EmuNAND.

since you haven't touched it in ages, some things you might have missed are 9.2.0-20 + menuhax (no more mset) and arm9loaderhax, an early boot exploit. also several free and open source custom firmwares.

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
latest gateway "public beta" is 3.7.1. update to 11.0.0-33 in EmuNAND.

since you haven't touched it in ages, some things you might have missed are 9.2.0-20 + menuhax (no more mset) and arm9loaderhax, an early boot exploit. also several free and open source custom firmwares.

I've never actually used Emunand haha, how does it work? Whenever nintendo releases a new update, do I have to update the Emunand?

Do I need the menuhax and arm9loaderhax thing?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never actually used Emunand haha, how does it work? Whenever nintendo releases a new update, do I have to update the Emunand?

Do I need the menuhax and arm9loaderhax thing?
yes you'd have to use EmuNAND to be on the latest version to play games and whatnot. it's so you can stay updated but keep an old exploitable sysnand. please don't make one/format the SD with the Gateway menu, use EmuNAND9.

do you use the GW red card for games?

also you don't really *need* menuhax but you really should update to 9.2.0-20 for it. nobody really supports staying on 4.x anymore, so...

Last edited by ihaveahax,

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes you'd have to use EmuNAND to be on the latest version to play games and whatnot. it's so you can stay updated but keep an old exploitable sysnand please don't make one/format the SD with the Gateway menu, use EmuNAND9.

do you use the GW red card for games?

also you don't really *need* menuhax but you really should update to 9.2.0-20 for it. nobody really supports staying on 4.x anymore, so...

Thanks. Yes, I use the red card for games, is there any other way? Also, is there any guide on how to do the EmuNand thing? And is there any way to manually update to that version?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Yes, I use the red card for games, is there any other way? Also, is there any guide on how to do the EmuNand thing? And is there any way to manually update to that version?
you would want to use EmuNAND9 for formatting: https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases

I can probably help you in a PM or something, to properly set up EmuNAND for use with GW (I don't really know of good guides for that :unsure:), update sysnand to 9.2.0-20, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!