• Views 4,518,133
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Today I was creating cia files for 2 games (Mario Kart 7 and Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros. if that matters). I converted both games at the same time, created the ncchinfo.bin file, afterwards created the xorpads files, etc. I installed both games on my o3ds and they are both working fine.
But when creating the xorpads files I noticed something: (I hope at this point there will be my screenshot shown now^^)
show.php

show.php

show.php

Why does it say that something will fail at the beginning, and what does it mean exactly?
Did I do something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Maybe my post got overlooked, so I hope someone will see it now^^

And also I noticed that TinyFormat is shown in my Software list for the installed titles, but I never installed it. Can I delete it, or does it have to be there because of Luma3DS or a9lh or something like that?

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you would want to use EmuNAND9 for formatting: https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases

I can probably help you in a PM or something, to properly set up EmuNAND for use with GW (I don't really know of good guides for that :unsure:), update sysnand to 9.2.0-20, etc.

It's okay, I can probably find a tutorial online :), is there anything I need to know I about headers

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's okay, I can probably find a tutorial online :), is there anything I need to know I about headers
private headers are required to go online using roms with the red card (or Sky3DS). you can dump them from game cards and apply them to roms; I'm not entirely sure how you do that.

using public headers can get you temporarily banned from playing online.

I wouldn't recommend messing with private headers personally; you can install games in CIA format and just play them online without worrying about headers or getting banned.

if you need help with something, feel free to send me a message

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
private headers are required to go online using roms with the red card (or Sky3DS). you can dump them from game cards and apply them to roms; I'm not entirely sure how you do that.

using public headers can get you temporarily banned from playing online.

I wouldn't recommend messing with private headers personally; you can install games in CIA format and just play them online without worrying about headers or getting banned.

if you need help with something, feel free to send me a message

So I can't just use emunand to play online? Is CIA another format like .3ds?

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
slot0x1BKeyX.bin is only needed when converting some New3DS exclusives titles. seeddb.bin isn't used for retail games/game card dumps.

Okay thanks for your help!

So what is the seeddb.bin good for then?
And do you know why Tinyformat is shown on my list for the installed software titles, even if I never installed it?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can't just use emunand to play online? Is CIA another format like .3ds?
you need to use EmuNAND to play online, and you need to update it as well. Nintendo made it so older firmwares can no longer play online. not to mention smash probably won't work on 4.x.

CIA files can be installed like digital games you download from the eshop. they aren't games you put on the red card's microsd. they appear on the Home Menu.

And do you know why Tinyformat is shown on my list for the installed software titles, even if I never installed it?
seeddb.bin is only used for decrypting digital titles.

I'm not sure about what's going on with TinyFormat.

Reactions: Houjin

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Probably a leftover from when following the A9LH guide. It happens, seen it on a couple systems. It's safe to remove.

Reactions: Houjin

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you need to use EmuNAND to play online, and you need to update it as well. Nintendo made it so older firmwares can no longer play online. not to mention smash probably won't work on 4.x.

CIA files can be installed like digital games you download from the eshop. they aren't games you put on the red card's microsd. they appear on the Home Menu.

Okay I see, thanks again! :)

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I see I see, I've also heard something about Gateway bricking, any way to avoid that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!