• Replies 53,798
  • Likes 43

Conn0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You installed GW-A9LH? Well, I hope you enjoy hell. Send my regards~ <3

But on some fo real shyt. Hold up while selecting Downgrade, and it should let you restore your NAND.bin.

Also stay away from GW-A9LH. Like far away. Like burn it far away. Like pretend it doesn't exist far away. Like... you get the idea.
Yeah. It was SOO buggy.

Phanir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got a few questions.

I successfully setup A9LH on my NA n3DS a couple months back and love what I can do with it. I've been thinking about modding my Monster Hunter 4G n3DS LL, but also decided to make it my main 3DS once I go that route (recently updated to 11.0.0-33 to check the JP eShop, so it'll be a while).

As of now, it's obvious I would follow Plailect's guide to setup A9LH again and I saw Temptress Cerise's comments on setting up emuNAND with it, so keeping that aside for the future unless things change. What I was hoping to add to it was changing the emuNAND region to North America and accessing both of my NNIDs and game collections on a single 3DS. Quick Google search brought up a year old thread from here that mentioned a con: not being able to access the eShop without dumping a specific file. Is that still a problem? Are there any more recent tools/guides to changing emuNAND region on an A9LH 3DS as well?

I don't intend to hard mod anytime soon, so figured I'd spend the next <insert long time frame here> gathering what resources I need to speed through the process.

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suppose you could use 3DNUS to get a .cia of the browser. But as for dumping the one you have, no clue.
Not sure if you can help with this but I used 3DNUS to download 11.0.0-20U, the browser version I want. If I use the updates inside with PlaiSysUpdater will I lose my data? I made a NAND backup just in case. And to do this I'll have to restore an older version like 10.7 first, right?

Last edited by Roomsaver,

Just_a_Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I've been wondering, is there any easy way to patch the NDS flashcart blacklist on an o3DS with A9LH+Luma3DS? By easy I mean without having to downgrade sysNAND again.

Also, if it's easy enough to do, should I still be wary of which flashcart to get or would they all work?

parvulus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an o3ds that I previously installed Cakes FW on, using an earlier version of plailect's guide. As far as I know, it automatically boots into CFW Emunand, and I could hold down while booting (or some hotkey) to boot back into sysnand. I'd avoided updating it because I didn't know if the FIRM was protected and didn't want to risk getting stuck on 11.0.0 or higher.

I found this guide to try to get onto Luma3ds: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/ , and I tried following it, using the Homebrew Launcher approach. I didn't mind keeping the EmuNand setup

It seems to have successfully installed Luma3ds, but when I check system settings, it says I'm on Sysnand 10.0.6 . Basically, I just want to get to a CFW with the current firmware version. What should I do next?

Thanks for the help, as usual! :)

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an o3ds that I previously installed Cakes FW on, using an earlier version of plailect's guide. As far as I know, it automatically boots into CFW Emunand, and I could hold down while booting (or some hotkey) to boot back into sysnand. I'd avoided updating it because I didn't know if the FIRM was protected and didn't want to risk getting stuck on 11.0.0 or higher.

I found this guide to try to get onto Luma3ds: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/ , and I tried following it, using the Homebrew Launcher approach. I didn't mind keeping the EmuNand setup

It seems to have successfully installed Luma3ds, but when I check system settings, it says I'm on Sysnand 10.0.6 . Basically, I just want to get to a CFW with the current firmware version. What should I do next?

Thanks for the help, as usual! :)

Coming from your information, you had a successful switch to Luma3DS right? IF you followed the guide, you will end up having a sysNAND only and it is safe to update it like normal

Reactions: parvulus

parvulus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coming from your information, you had a successful switch to Luma3DS right? IF you followed the guide, you will end up having a sysNAND only and it is safe to update it like normal
Thanks for the reply!

It does seem to be a successful switch to Luma3ds. But, I wasn't following the current version of plailect's guide, and I wouldn't know where I should start now if I wanted to. I followed an old version of the guide that installed a9lh + CakesFW.

My concern I guess is that after installing Luma3DS, I thought the system settings were supposed to say "emu x.x.x" rather than "sys x.x.x". I don't want to risk updating the sysnand and locking myself out of hacks / overwriting FIRM and disabling a9lh.

Is there a way to double check that FIRM / etc. is protected, and everything is safe? For my Luma3ds configuration, I only checked "show current NAND in settings", and nothing about autobooting into sysnand, etc. (since I was following the migration guide I linked rather than plailect's guide).

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply!

Okay, lemme get some stuff checked first, I just read the guide, do you have the latest Luma build?
The latest Luma build as of now (stable) is v5.5-61684ecb, if not I'd recommend you to update that first
Also, with Luma3DS you don't need to worry about updating as it has FIRM protection and other cool patches like TWL

parvulus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, lemme get some stuff checked first, I just read the guide, do you have the latest Luma build?
The latest Luma build as of now (stable) is v5.5-61684ecb, if not I'd recommend you to update that first
Also, with Luma3DS you don't need to worry about updating as it has FIRM protection and other cool patches like TWL
I do have the latest Luma build installed. So, you think it's safe to try to update the system firmware through System Settings? Of course, it's pretty terrifying without any way to be sure, since I don't have the resources to hardmod it if I'm locked out.

Regarding the Luma3ds configuration, do you think I should copy the configuration options from step 3 section 5 in plailect's newest guide? https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax) . Perhaps I should try going through the steps of Plailect's part 5..

What do you think? Thanks again! :)

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have the latest Luma build installed. So, you think it's safe to try to update the system firmware through System Settings? Of course, it's pretty terrifying without any way to be sure, since I don't have the resources to hardmod it if I'm locked out.

Regarding the Luma3ds configuration, do you think I should copy the configuration options from step 3 section 5 in plailect's newest guide? https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax) . Perhaps I should try going through the steps of Plailect's part 5..

What do you think? Thanks again! :)

You should definitely copy the configuration, but I wouldn't advise you to go through the steps of part 5 as you already have Luma, if you're scared to update, you can always make a emuNAND even if you have Luma3DS

parvulus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks, I will play around with it and try to copy the configuration / payload options for hotkeys, and make sure a9lh and luma etc. are up to date and configured properly

Reactions: Posghetti

hexxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've encountered a problem unique enough for me to warrant posting it here.

Basically, I managed to mess up my system, and was forced to restore from a backup. I was using a9, and installed using this guide. Everything was working perfectly until I accidentally borked my system when crawling through fbi to try and figure out why I had 32 gigs of nothing on my sd. I was forced to restore a backup I made while installing my CFW, but now I do not have fbi in place of Health and Safety. I tried running fbi from the homebrew menu using freakyhax, but it just blackscreens every time. Any help or advice is appreciated, Good news is I know I still have CFW installed, bad news is with no FBI I basically cant do anything.

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've encountered a problem unique enough for me to warrant posting it here.

Basically, I managed to mess up my system, and was forced to restore from a backup. I was using a9, and installed using this guide. Everything was working perfectly until I accidentally borked my system when crawling through fbi to try and figure out why I had 32 gigs of nothing on my sd. I was forced to restore a backup I made while installing my CFW, but now I do not have fbi in place of Health and Safety. I tried running fbi from the homebrew menu using freakyhax, but it just blackscreens every time. Any help or advice is appreciated, Good news is I know I still have CFW installed, bad news is with no FBI I basically cant do anything.

If you have cfw, why not just install the cia version of FBI and see if that results in something different than the homebrew way? Plus it's way more convenient

hexxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have cfw, why not just install the cia version of FBI and see if that results in something different than the homebrew way? Plus it's way more convenient
That's literally the problem. When I installed my CFW I basically overwrote the "Health and Safety" app with FBI. Now, it's just reverted to being health and safety. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal, as I could just use the homebrew version to install the cia version, and have it that way, but I cant install the cia without FBI. No fbi means no cia's which means no fbi. It's circular.

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's literally the problem. When I installed my CFW I basically overwrote the "Health and Safety" app with FBI. Now, it's just reverted to being health and safety. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal, as I could just use the homebrew version to install the cia version, and have it that way, but I cant install the cia without FBI. No fbi means no cia's which means no fbi. It's circular.

Ahh, I get what you're saying now, I'm pretty sure you can just re-inject FBI into H&S using the same method in Plailect's guide, but instead of emuNAND it's sysNAND

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC