• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

parvulus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For various reasons, I'm considering reselling the UK n3ds I bought and trying to buy a US Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Bundle instead (so I don't have to deal with region issues).

Do all unopened boxes of those have an old / the same firmware? Or, would there be a risk that a newly purchased one would have 11.0.0 + firmware?

Thanks again for any help or advice!

P

PaiiNSteven

Is there a simple way to convert ncch to cia? Found a pastebin full of factory titles and wanna do some tinkering.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thnaks

another question
emunand9 is giving me emunand size is 1.8GB for N3DS
Hourglass9 is giving me 1.2GB for emunand on N3DS.

what version should i take?
They both sound good. I guess Hourglass9 is dumping it with minsize, while EmuNAND9 is dumping it at it's full size. So long as the NAND dumps match the ones for your console type on this page you are fine.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/NAND-Size

For various reasons, I'm considering reselling the UK n3ds I bought and trying to buy a US Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Bundle instead (so I don't have to deal with region issues).

Do all unopened boxes of those have an old / the same firmware? Or, would there be a risk that a newly purchased one would have 11.0.0 + firmware?

Thanks again for any help or advice!
If they are new//unoponed, then they should def be on something less that 10.7.0-33, especially the Animal Crossing Bundle one.

Reactions: parvulus

mgmckee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i finally got my 3ds fully hacked with plailects tut :) but my next question is do i keep my freakyforms deluxe game? as i have homebrew on bootup

p.s ive never seen a console that takes as long to fully hack lol

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i finally got my 3ds fully hacked with plailects tut :) but my next question is do i keep my freakyforms deluxe game? as i have homebrew on bootup
Up to you really. I lent mines to a friend to test Homebrew out as they are on stock OFW 11.0.0-33.

Either keep it to use later on other consoles, or keep it as a trophy or sell it off if you don't think you'll ever need it again and you want the moneis.

Reactions: mgmckee

mgmckee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Up to you really. I lent mines to a friend to test Homebrew out as they are on stock OFW 11.0.0-33.

Either keep it to use later on other consoles, or keep it as a trophy or sell it off if you don't think you'll ever need it again and you want the moneis.

ill hang on to it just incase lol and thank you for your help :)

BecomingKakiGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
A silly question: If I still can run cfw that means the system update is a success....right? While I was away, my cousin upgraded my o3ds to RX-E 11.0 using the system update option when in emuNAND. I heard this latest update disables some exploits so I'm not entirely sure whether usual method of updating works or not.

Thanks for any feedback or advice on this ^_^

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A silly question: If I still can run cfw that means the system update is a success....right? While I was away, my cousin upgraded my o3ds to RX-E 11.0 using the system update option when in emuNAND. I heard this latest update disables some exploits so I'm not entirely sure whether usual method of updating works or not.

Thanks for any feedback or advice on this ^_^
At least he didn't update your sysNAND. 11.0 on your SysNAND disables those exploits. On EmuNAND it shouldn't really matter. Also, consider switching to a more modern CFW, rxTools will one day break and is really buggy on 11.0. But if you don't care, or are too lazy or don't mind waiting until it breaks with a later update, then just stay on it.

BecomingKakiGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
At least he didn't update your sysNAND. 11.0 on your SysNAND disables those exploits. On EmuNAND it shouldn't really matter. Also, consider switching to a more modern CFW, rxTools will one day break and is really buggy on 11.0. But if you don't care, or are too lazy or don't mind waiting until it breaks with a later update, then just stay on it.

Thank you for your reply! Good to know the update still works using usual procedure.
Yep, I'm doing extensive research on the set-up of A9LH. That just happens to have a useful guide on the cfw in discussion section.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your reply! Good to know the update still works using usual procedure.
Yep, I'm doing extensive research on the set-up of A9LH. That just happens to have a useful guide on the cfw in discussion section.
So I am guessing you have seen this guide being thrown around then.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Anyways, I was just warning you, that rxTools, while it still works, is buggy on 11.0, and will eventually break one day. Though I am not forcing you to jump ship and go all gun-ho A9LH. :P But A9LH is soooo much better, just takes time to set up~

Well, whatever you decide on, just remember to read, ask questions, and have fun with it. :P

BecomingKakiGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So I am guessing you have seen this guide being thrown around then.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Anyways, I was just warning you, that rxTools, while it still works, is buggy on 11.0, and will eventually break one day. Though I am not forcing you to jump ship and go all gun-ho A9LH. :P But A9LH is soooo much better, just takes time to set up~

Well, whatever you decide on, just remember to read, ask questions, and have fun with it. :P

I have been wanted to upgrade to another cfw with more supports because technical stuffs are not my forte :D And I have read about the stability of A9LH, it did take time to set up it properly. But now I got more times on my hands so I'm going to slowly digests those wiki pages~~
Thanks for your suggestion! ^_^ Again thanks for your time to respond to my question.

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

I've been away from the 3ds scene for a while now, I was surprised when I saw gateway at 4.0 already, and shit like .cia, cfw's etc. I'm new to all this, so I have some questions:

1. Can I upgrade gateway from 2.0 to 4.0 directly?
2. Do I need, or should I use a CFW just to simply run some games?
3. If I upgrade to 4.0, the new method to enter gateway menu is through web browser, or should I continue to use the L button as usual after the first time setup?

Now some info: I'm using gateway 2.0 on an old 3DS, I don't mind waiting for loading times, I prefer to have my .3ds in the gateway SD card, and I like that simple menu from gateway to access games.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I've been away from the 3ds scene for a while now, I was surprised when I saw gateway at 4.0 already, and shit like .cia, cfw's etc. I'm new to all this, so I have some questions:

1. Can I upgrade gateway from 2.0 to 4.0 directly?
2. Do I need, or should I use a CFW just to simply run some games?
3. If I upgrade to 4.0, the new method to enter gateway menu is through web browser, or should I continue to use the L button as usual after the first time setup?

Now some info: I'm using gateway 2.0 on an old 3DS, I don't mind waiting for loading times, I prefer to have my .3ds in the gateway SD card, and I like that simple menu from gateway to access games.
1. Talking about the Launcher.dat, aren't you? I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use. Just replace and off you go.
2. That's up to you really, GW technically runs it's own CFW to let you play those dirty .3ds files of yours. The advantages of CFW like Luma3DS is that they let you do a huge majority of the things GW can do, and sometimes even better. (Such as playing out of region games, region//language emulation, and more) But unfortunately, running .3ds or GW's cheat menu aren't part of those CFWs.
3. How are you currently getting into Gateway Mode//Menu? All you should need to do is replace the Launcher.dat and continue using your current method. It'll ask you to update your card, if it needs updating, but that's really all that'll it'll do.

Reactions: qUaK3R

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Talking about the Launcher.dat, aren't you? I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use. Just replace and off you go.
2. That's up to you really, GW technically runs it's own CFW to let you play those dirty .3ds files of yours. The advantages of CFW like Luma3DS is that they let you do a huge majority of the things GW can do, and sometimes even better. (Such as playing out of region games, region//language emulation, and more) But unfortunately, running .3ds or GW's cheat menu aren't part of those CFWs.
3. How are you currently getting into Gateway Mode//Menu? All you should need to do is replace the Launcher.dat and continue using your current method. It'll ask you to update your card, if it needs updating, but that's really all that'll it'll do.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

I'm entering gateway mode through nintendo ds profile. Should be the same after upgrading the card right?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

I'm entering gateway mode through nintendo ds profile. Should be the same after upgrading the card right?
Yep. Just update your Launcher.dat.

You could go through the trouble of updating to 9.2, then setting up A9LH, then using GW's a9lh.bin to boot into GW-Mode.

But I don't think you're quite interested in the features of A9LH or CFW, as you seem quite happy with your current setup.

Reactions: qUaK3R

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep. Just update your Launcher.dat.

You could go through the trouble of updating to 9.2, then setting up A9LH, then using GW's a9lh.bin to boot into GW-Mode.

But I don't think you're quite interested in the features of A9LH or CFW, as you seem quite happy with your current setup.

One last question I forgot, can I update my emunand to the latest version? I checked the gateway website but didn't find that info :S

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks. I don't know if I lost al9h when I tried to troubleshoot my o3ds. A few games were not booting up like they usually do so I see decided to format my o3ds through system settings but now I lost all the important apps and also FBI does not seems to work anymore whenever attempt to install any CIA. Is my 3ds still partially hacked to be able to restore all CFW capabilities again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it