pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
The Luma Folder on root or in the 3ds folder? the one on root has a payloads folder but its empty and the folder in 3ds has two files Luma3ds.3dsx, Luma3d.smdh. Soooo no there is no config file? I downloaded the lastest version from the Luma wiki / git.
Is the luma.dat on the root of the sd card?

VampireZio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well when luma boot for the first it should load the config menu but the fact its loading the home menu is odd(thinking it's not actually booting it)

Try this build

http://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/builds/Luma-9d68c98.zip

Thanks for the link, I will give it a try and report back.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well when luma boot for the first it should load the config menu but the fact its loading the home menu is odd(thinking it's not actually booting it)

Try this build

http://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/builds/Luma-9d68c98.zip

Same issue, I know I followed the guide step by step without skipping anything....ugh...any other options for me to complete the guide without Luma? maybe another option?

VampireZio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo can try cakescfw or reinand. You essentially just need a cfw that will boot you to emunand at this point

Ok ill try either of those two, maybe I can get Luma working later on. Here is more info on what I have to see if anything becomes more clear. Launched EmuNAND9 and it has a date at the top 2016/04/20 work directory EmuNAND9
EmuNAND: RedNAND
SD Storage 28640MB / 29188MB

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Ok ill try either of those two, maybe I can get Luma working later on. Here is more info on what I have to see if anything becomes more clear. Launched EmuNAND9 and it has a date at the top 2016/04/20 work directory EmuNAND9
EmuNAND: RedNAND
SD Storage 28640MB / 29188MB
Ya you deff have an emunand.

Sundaybrawl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can just use one of the options in emunamd9 to inject the sysnand into the emunand. No need to delete anything.

Once I copy sysNAND to emuNAND, will I have to do the double format and reinject FBI again? I assume this would be the case but just want to be sure I don't mess anything up.

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Once I copy sysNAND to emuNAND, will I have to do the double format and reinject FBI again? I assume this would be the case but just want to be sure I don't mess anything up.
Follow the guide. Do everything it tells you to do no matter how redundant you think it is
Just make sure the names are not linked. You should be able to create folders and change the theme on sysnand without it showing on emunand

Last edited by pbanj,

Sundaybrawl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Follow the guide. Do everything it tells you to do no matter how redundant you think it is
Just make sure the names are not linked. You should be able to create folders and change the theme on sysnand without it showing on emunand

In the event that my sysNAND may have a patched TWL_FIRM (This might be the case actually, I had to patch TWL on emuNAND and perhaps also sysNAND to get my ds flashcart to work porperly) my only solution would be to keep patching TWL with a vanilla .cia until the downgrade goes through correct? After going through the whole process of injecting sysNAND to emuNAND, double formatting, and updating to 10.7, it still fails. I'll keep trying until it goes through.

Thanks for your help so far, although I fear I may have screwed myself over here...

Reactions: pbanj
P

PaiiNSteven

I heard that if you edit the NVer and the CVer you can change what the firmware looks like in the settings menu. Is this true? Are there any downsides to this?

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
In the event that my sysNAND may have a patched TWL_FIRM (This might be the case actually, I had to patch TWL on emuNAND and perhaps also sysNAND to get my ds flashcart to work porperly) my only solution would be to keep patching TWL with a vanilla .cia until the downgrade goes through correct? After going through the whole process of injecting sysNAND to emuNAND, double formatting, and updating to 10.7, it still fails. I'll keep trying until it goes through.

Thanks for your help so far, although I fear I may have screwed myself over here...
I would post in the guide thread with the CIA its failing on and see if anyone knows. You have eliminated the twl being the issue.

Sundaybrawl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would post in the guide thread with the CIA its failing on and see if anyone knows. You have eliminated the twl being the issue.

I'll give it a shot, it fails on Native Firm (NFIRM/0004013800000002) so I've been assuming it's been TWL that's given it the issue. Hopefully someone there knows what's wrong.

Again, thanks for the help.

Reactions: pbanj

VampireZio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
odd.....completed remove luma from the sd card and put a fresh copy on there along with Reinand.., Reinand wont work but Luma did...wth..lol

mokmoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just curious - how many tries did it take for you guys to downgrade your emunand to 2.1.0? so far mine has failed 7 times at the NFIRM step..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...