• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

MasterBro10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Due to physical damage, I'm considering getting another New 3ds and doing a system transfer. I'm currently using latest Luma3ds. If I, before transferring, downgrade and get the target system's OTP and install A9Lhax, will the transfer work ok? (Using the 'switch sd card' option of course)

Edit: I also am considering sending it in to Nintendo to repair. Will they notice if I've uninstalled A9Lhax?
From personal experience, the transfer will work just fine. Just be aware that all non-legit CIA's you've downloaded will be gone.

richardparker

Trophies
XP
Country
India
hey can anyone please help me resove this very strange problem- i have installed luma 3ds arm9loaderhax and whenever i want to download eshop titles through sleep mode through tickets from tikdevil, although the sleep mode works fine,the gift icon signifying the title being downloaded always says 0% downloaded. i put it in sleep mode for 30 minutes and it still said 30% downloaded. Any ideas or suggestions that can fix this? thanks in advance!

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Why restoring sysnand from emunand without hard mod is not possible? GW has a function to restore a NAND backup to sysnand, right?

Last edited by emuashui,

RayD97

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey can anyone please help me resove this very strange problem- i have installed luma 3ds arm9loaderhax and whenever i want to download eshop titles through sleep mode through tickets from tikdevil, although the sleep mode works fine,the gift icon signifying the title being downloaded always says 0% downloaded. i put it in sleep mode for 30 minutes and it still said 30% downloaded. Any ideas or suggestions that can fix this? thanks in advance!
The 3ds sleep mode download is really slow sometimes, just open it up, highlight cursor on the gift press A ans then Y for "download now".

RayD97

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@richardparker Since you said it was at 30% after 30 minutes, sounds like your connection is just slow or you're downloading a big game(s). Try leaving it in sleep mode for like an hour or two.

Last edited by RayD97,

RayD97

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@richardparker How many games are you downloading? Are you frequently opening the 3ds to check it? Doing this will stop the download every time, and it takes a minute or two to resume.

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Why restoring sysnand from emunand without hard mod is not possible? GW has a function to restore a NAND backup to sysnand, right?

Support: the following 2 links contradict each other:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-restoring-nand-without-hardware-method.378259/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/can-i-use-a-gw-nand-backup-to-restore-my-system-via-hardmod.418946/

Can or not can, would someone share the answer?
If 1st link is feasible, must use GW, not emunand9 ?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Support: the following 2 links contradict each other:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-restoring-nand-without-hardware-method.378259/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/can-i-use-a-gw-nand-backup-to-restore-my-system-via-hardmod.418946/

Can or not can, would someone share the answer?
If 1st link is feasible, must use GW, not emunand9 ?
I have never done it with a gateway emunand only a emunand9 emunand and I have never had issue. If you want to be able to still hack it make sure the emunand you are restoring to the sysnand is 9.2.

Reactions: emuashui

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, is there a way to switch to a bigger sd card in my 3ds (I followed plailect's guide in Luma + A9LH)? I am currently stuck at "Getting the OTP" part 24 where I backup my sys/emunand.bin due to my Toshiba 4 gb (now 2 gb).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try opening Homebrew Launcher through menuhax and click Luma3DS and activate "Show Current Nand"
Just get a new sd card and swap it out, then start from the part where u make a rednand.

You can also just pull everything off the sd card but the tool its using and the hbl. Make one backup, take the card out and pull the backup off, put card back in and backup the other nand. It all depends on the size of your nand backups

GamerUnity

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Just get a new sd card and swap it out, then start from the part where u make a rednand.

You can also just pull everything off the sd card but the tool its using and the hbl. Make one backup, take the card out and pull the backup off, put card back in and backup the other nand. It all depends on the size of your nand backups

So, I just finish the rednand section again and then go back to "getting the otp" pt 24 where I was stuck? Or do I need to redo both again?

parvulus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On an o3ds with CFW (CakeFW), which of the following can you safely (i.e., no risk of ban / data loss) do? And, if necessary, what special precautions need to be taken?:
  • Update the system FW through the home menu / eShop
  • Update individual games through eShop
  • Play online with games
  • Use purchased retail apps such as pokemon bank
Thanks a lot for any help! :)

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
On an o3ds with CFW (CakeFW), which of the following can you safely (i.e., no risk of ban / data loss) do? And, if necessary, what special precautions need to be taken?:
  • Update the system FW through the home menu / eShop
  • Update individual games through eShop
  • Play online with games
  • Use purchased retail apps such as pokemon bank
Thanks a lot for any help! :)
If not using a9lh you have to update through system settings to be safe. All the other stuff you can do without issue. Games can be updated safely also from anywhere.

Reactions: parvulus

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Finally completed Part 3! Thank you pbanj and Ricken! Never could have gotten this far without ya.

So since I completed Part 3, does this mean I can finally attempt to acquire a private header?

Edit: I saw a reddit post link this thread from this site https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-everything-under-the-sky3ds.386045/

Should I use this one? Using the gateway method or w/e, since I dont have a powersave?

I used the Gateway method, and it worked fine. The new Sky FW that automatically injects the header is extra convenient!

Keep in mind there are three kinds of headers, and each dump of a game you find will require that it be one of the three. There's no way of knowing which one it is, so you just have to try to go online and see if you get an error. However one kind (C2 I think?) is FAR more common, so that's the one you should use as the default on Sky.

Also keep in mind any game you have previously played prior to setting up the header on Sky will not have the header. You will have to erase the sav and cfg for that game and let Sky recreate these. If you don't want to lose your progress, use JK's Save Manager or SVDT to back up your save before you do that.

Adrian DX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I got myself a New Nintendo 3DS XL... And I'm having a hard time deciding how I want to have my 3DS consoles set up.
I have the following:
3DS-4.5.0-10E
3DS-9.2.0-20E
3DSXL-9.4.0-21E - Has the 20 ambassador games (GBA&NES)+ other eShop titles.
N3DSXL-10.7.0-32E

What can I do with these? I know 4.5 can run most flash carts, right? But is that better than any of the options with the newer firmwares?

I have OoT3D and Cubic Ninja. Are those exploits good options?

Is there any way I can do a system transfer between the N3DSXL and the old XL in an emulated NAND state (so that basically both XL consoles end up having the ambassador and eshop stuff)?

My dream outcome would be having the N3DSXL with all the ambassador+eShop stuff, have the ability to download new eShop titles, play online, play backups and have a Homebrew Channel (if that even exists on 3DS? Thought I saw a YouTube video back in like 2012 which featured a HBC, but I never found out if it was fake or not). Is that even possible?

What are my options?

Last edited by Adrian DX,

GamerUnity

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I would do both again, at least all of the getting otp section

Last question, I have 1 app in my sd card, Flipnote, and I was thinking if I copied my original sd to a bigger one, and do the steps again (rednand and otp) and still get the same result if I finished?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill