• Views 4,463,178
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Update: although not successfully change region using Region Three, Region Four, Hans, Free Multi Patcher, [another older cia, name forgotten], it was successful using GW without the freeze problem during loading.

Grateful if anyone can explain the difference, to learn why technically besides mere playing is also joy. Thanks!

Tried various region free methods, all failed running retail game. So tired.

1. Methods tried: Region Three, Region Four, Hans, Free Multi Patcher, [another older cia, name forgotten].

2. Symptom: game cards (US) being loaded 2 seconds then freezed, hanged. The same game cards can load successfully on another US new3dsXL.

3. System: old3dsLL(J) 9.2 both SysNAND and EmuNAND, can run rxtools rx-S, rxtools rx-E, PasteCFW, not yet successfully installed Cakes.

Thanks for any Advice Help Insights!

vubaothuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Just to remember for the future. :)

3DSs, 3DS XLs and 2DSs = o3DS and new3DS
new3DS XL = n3DS.

You use 3DSs only when you're summarizing both o3DSs and n3DSs.
Hey One small problem though. I cant update to 9.0.0-9.2.0. I managed to upgrade to 8.1.0. I cant find earlier version to install.

N

NoGamer

I have a 8.1 us 3ds with browser what would be the best way to install with cfw.

Use the guide from this link, after 15min you are running a Emulated (emuNAND) CFW.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey One small problem though. I cant update to 9.0.0-9.2.0. I managed to upgrade to 8.1.0. I cant find earlier version to install.

Go to this guide and follow the section "How to Update your 3DS/2DS to 9.0 or 9.2". You can also use this guide but i prefer the first one which is more user-friendly

Last edited by ,

CronoSagara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm using 10.7 emunand with reinand, Can I buy a pokebank subscription on my emunand or it won't work, I have 4 days left on my current sub

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a "DESCRIPTION_INVALID_SIGNATURE" error when installing FBI.CIA. What should i do? Thanks.

Use a CFW such as PastaCFW, rxTools, etc... you can't casually boot The homebrew launcher > FBI and start installing CIAs without disabling the signature checks.

I'm using 10.7 emunand with reinand, Can I buy a pokebank subscription on my emunand or it won't work, I have 4 days left on my current sub

You should have all online functionalities such as buying eShop content, playing online, NNID, etc... with CFW unless something went wrong along the proccess.

So yeah, if your system works properly you should be %100 able to ;)

Reactions: Norii

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I finally got RX into my 16gb card using the topic, menuhax and all, unlinking nand. Thing is the old sd card that came with the 3DS from the guy that sold it to me, it stopped working with the automatic booting into emunand. I have to go to browser, go to the RX website, hold L and choose EMUNAND to boot into my games. I tried installing Homebrew Launcher so I could install menuhax again, but when I install HBL it says ropb... is ready and the screen flashes many colors and just stays flashing red and that's it :/. Help me please

Tactical Fart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I'm wanting to get into the whole flashcart scene but there are some things I don't really understand or where to start with. I kinda want to get a New 3DS XL and so I can try my hand at amiibos (and Super Mario Bros from SNES is available too), but I also kinda want to try using flash carts. Some of my game carts are getting old (BlazBlue keeps "coming out" and saying that I removed it) and I would like to migrate to a flash cart to I can play my games even when the carts go bad, and I would like to try some homebrew and other things that the carts are capable of.

From what I DO understand is that if I use a Gateway, and my systems firmware is in a certain range, I can downgrade to 4.1-4.5 and then use emunand to do all of the really cool stuff. I read the guide here and it says I can do it with the New 3DS, but it wasn't completely clear.

So now I pose my questions; If I go out and buy a New 3ds and the firmware is <9.2, I can use a Gateway to start the homebrew stuff and play my backed up games? Are the recent New 3DSs shipping with a firmware old enough that I can use? Also, my understanding of Gateway and Emunand is that the system gets downgraded to 4.5, but the system loads from enunand (on the cart) instead which I can update to whatever I want, whenever I want and the system itself will stay at 4.5... is that accurate? And lastly, when I get everything up and running, and my emunand is running the latest, can I migrate everything from my older 3DS?

I know that these questions may have been answered, but I want to make sure that the answers are still relevant. Things can really break from one update to the next, and I want to make sure I have my ducks in a row before I "take the plunge".

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all,

I'm wanting to get into the whole flashcart scene but there are some things I don't really understand or where to start with. I kinda want to get a New 3DS XL and so I can try my hand at amiibos (and Super Mario Bros from SNES is available too), but I also kinda want to try using flash carts. Some of my game carts are getting old (BlazBlue keeps "coming out" and saying that I removed it) and I would like to migrate to a flash cart to I can play my games even when the carts go bad, and I would like to try some homebrew and other things that the carts are capable of.

From what I DO understand is that if I use a Gateway, and my systems firmware is in a certain range, I can downgrade to 4.1-4.5 and then use emunand to do all of the really cool stuff. I read the guide here and it says I can do it with the New 3DS, but it wasn't completely clear.

So now I pose my questions; If I go out and buy a New 3ds and the firmware is <9.2, I can use a Gateway to start the homebrew stuff and play my backed up games? Are the recent New 3DSs shipping with a firmware old enough that I can use? Also, my understanding of Gateway and Emunand is that the system gets downgraded to 4.5, but the system loads from enunand (on the cart) instead which I can update to whatever I want, whenever I want and the system itself will stay at 4.5... is that accurate? And lastly, when I get everything up and running, and my emunand is running the latest, can I migrate everything from my older 3DS?

I know that these questions may have been answered, but I want to make sure that the answers are still relevant. Things can really break from one update to the next, and I want to make sure I have my ducks in a row before I "take the plunge".

The stuff you read is pretty outdated.

Currently if you get any New3DS (regardless of firmware) you can downgrade to 9.2 and get some CFW.

Though if you do try to downgrade to 4.5 you'll brick your N3DS.

For flashcards, if you're getting a gateway, then that counts as a flashcard. It can only play 3DS games though.

In order to play NDS games, you need a NDS flashcard.

Reactions: Tactical Fart

rickpower

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
im trying to downgrade my n3ds 10.3 to 9.2 and it keep saying failed to get CIA file info tried like 20 times ,any other way to by pass it?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah i copyed the Updates folder with cias to root of sd card
finally it worked now im on 9.2

which cfw is better reinand aureinand of cakes?

They're both the same in terms of functionality.

The difference between all three of them are in terms of compatibility with the type of 3DS.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plailect's guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
Step 1: Right now is a good time to use a save manager to backup any saves you care about (do steps 10 - 18 then install the hblauncher_loader CIA)

A few questions. It sounds like I need to run svdt from an installed version of hblauncher. Why not just through the typical *hax entrypoint? Can svdt be used to save games from anything other than carts? If so, does that game need to be installed? If not, how? I know svdt needs a target to launch to access the save data. Do I need to backup save data from carts though? Or only from downloaded games?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A few questions. It sounds like I need to run svdt from an installed version of hblauncher. Why not just through the typical *hax entrypoint? Can svdt be used to save games from anything other than carts? If so, does that game need to be installed? If not, how? I know svdt needs a target to launch to access the save data. Do I need to backup save data from carts though? Or only from downloaded games?

SVDT is a homebrew application, you just need homebrew to launch it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7