• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

rbk3ai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need some help here I followed this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(New-3DS) with no problems everything went well now I am at this part and all I get is a quick flash of some writing then it just blacks screens "If everything has gone according to plan, arm9loaderhax will be installed to your device. You can now reboot and your device should automatically launch into EmuNAND." This is the output I get from the arm9 log any help or suggestions what do I do confused what went wrong

opened logfile
Reading GLOBAL section
Checking input
Key checked-selected section: DEFAULT
Reading selected section
Checking payload
Loading Splash image
Splash image not set, use default screen
Loading Payload:
/a9lh/ARN.bin
Reading payload
Finished reading the payload
closing files and unmount sd

Th3Zephyr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i have a r4i-gold-3ds-whatever from r4id.cn. I believe it worked on a 3ds up to 4.5. I'd like to unblock it in my 9.2 n3ds. Can i do it with the unblocker posted here in temp? If yes, how can i do it? I need to inject fbi into the sysnand or something like that? thanks

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it still possible to use Browserhax on a 9.9 new 3DS XL? I'm trying to help someone and all I get is a error message that the Internet Browser isn't available in the current environment o.o

CeIIophane

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
How can I change my region on my US N3DS?

I do not care about online play nor eShop access.

System Stats:
  • American N3DS, version 9.2.0-20U
  • I am on/using/etc CFW.

• sysNAND and emuNAND are unlinked.

• I do not have A9LH.

• Booting goes to ctrbootmanager (purple-looking menu).

• CtrBootManager lets me go into either AuReiNand (emuNAND) or GridLauncher (MenuHax?)

• 8 of my .CIA games are USA and 1 is EU. None are "LEGIT .CIA's" but they all work fine.
  • The games I installed are all on emuNAND.
  • I am not going to risk updating. If it need be to change my region, please tell me so I can discard this question in full.

Additional Questions:
  1. Can I install and play LEGIT .CIA's? At all?
  2. If I change my region, can I still play the USA games I have now?
  3. If I change my region, can I still install and play USA .CIA's in the future?
  4. Will anything specific be erased if I change my region?
  5. Will any of this end up bricking my N3DS?

I specifically want to play the European version of Tomodachi Life on my American N3DS. I have the legit .CIA but after installing it on emuNAND through FBI, trying to play results in an error and reboot.

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so i just finished installing an arm9loader and im ready to start getting some games. My questions are as follows.

1. Is it alright to update my emunand? My nands are unlinked. I heard on 4chan that 10.7 is jsut around the corner, and would it be safer to get the update files directly and update via sysupdater on my emunand?

2. What guides should I use for installing .cias/.3ds files? I dont know the specifics and what I should watch out for.

3. For that matter, Im also wondering how to apply dlc and language patches, so guides that show me how to do that would be great.

If it matters, im currently on reinand, new 3ds with both nands being 9.2

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Alright, so i just finished installing an arm9loader and im ready to start getting some games. My questions are as follows.

1. Is it alright to update my emunand? My nands are unlinked. I heard on 4chan that 10.7 is jsut around the corner, and would it be safer to get the update files directly and update via sysupdater on my emunand?

2. What guides should I use for installing .cias/.3ds files? I dont know the specifics and what I should watch out for.

3. For that matter, Im also wondering how to apply dlc and language patches, so guides that show me how to do that would be great.

If it matters, im currently on reinand, new 3ds with both nands being 9.2

2. First, you can use FBI.3dsx with homebrew to install cias. Install DevMenu.cia with it so you have a .cia installer on your homemenu without having to use homebrew or stay on 9.2 (in emunand)

1. You can update your emunand from the system settings. Make sure you have a cia installer on your emunand before you do this. (System settings, other settings, update)

3. Search for HANS.

Can I update non-legit CIAs from the eshop or the Y update menu? Or do I HAVE to update with an update CIA?

You can update using the eShop as long as you never used an update CIA. As soon as you use an update CIA you have to continue updating that game with CIAs (unless you can locate the previous updates and uninstall them).

How can I change my region on my US N3DS?

I do not care about online play nor eShop access.

System Stats:
  • American N3DS, version 9.2.0-20U
  • I am on/using/etc CFW.

• sysNAND and emuNAND are unlinked.

• I do not have A9LH.

• Booting goes to ctrbootmanager (purple-looking menu).

• CtrBootManager lets me go into either AuReiNand (emuNAND) or GridLauncher (MenuHax?)

• 8 of my .CIA games are USA and 1 is EU. None are "LEGIT .CIA's" but they all work fine.
  • The games I installed are all on emuNAND.
  • I am not going to risk updating. If it need be to change my region, please tell me so I can discard this question in full.
Additional Questions:
  1. Can I install and play LEGIT .CIA's? At all?
  2. If I change my region, can I still play the USA games I have now?
  3. If I change my region, can I still install and play USA .CIA's in the future?
  4. Will anything specific be erased if I change my region?
  5. Will any of this end up bricking my N3DS?

I specifically want to play the European version of Tomodachi Life on my American N3DS. I have the legit .CIA but after installing it on emuNAND through FBI, trying to play results in an error and reboot.
You can launch it using HANS. You don't have to change region. If you have an exploitable 3ds, why not just install a non legit USA version rom?

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: hisagishi

CeIIophane

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You can launch it using HANS. You don't have to change region. If you have an exploitable 3ds, why not just install a non legit USA version rom?

1. HANS doesn't show any of the .CIA's I have installed.

2. My point is to install a European version rom/CIA of the game. Why ask me to just install a version I specifically am not aiming for?

3. You didn't really help me out here nor answer my questions. Just a small petty answer. :huh: I really need help with this.

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. First, you can use FBI.3dsx with homebrew to install cias. Install DevMenu.cia with it so you have a .cia installer on your homemenu without having to use homebrew or stay on 9.2 (in emunand)
So fbi doesnt work on higher firmwares?

1. You can update your emunand from the system settings. Make sure you have a cia installer on your emunand before you do this. (System settings, other settings, update)
Any reason why a cia installer needs to be installed first? I have one already but im curious to know the reasoning for this.

3. Search for HANS.

I looked it up but im not sure how to use it, the thread says what it can do but not how to utilize it

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So fbi doesnt work on higher firmwares?

Any reason why a cia installer needs to be installed first? I have one already but im curious to know the reasoning for this.

I looked it up but im not sure how to use it, the thread says what it can do but not how to utilize it
Im 80% sure that FBI.3dsx wont work on higher firmwares. There's regularly people who rush through tutorials, and make their emunand and update it and then can't install any CIAs. The solution is always to reformat emunand after having installed a cia installer to sysnand (so it gets copied to emunand). It is possible that you can't actually install a cia installer on emunand and gave to actually install one on sysnand then format emunand, but that didn't really make sense. It wouldn't take long to try it and is better than making a new emunand (losing anything on it you haven't backed up).

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something I just realized is that I cant get into my friend codes in my cfw. Is this normal or is there a problem? My nnids on my cfw

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, Im a gateway user. I know at some point in 1.6.x version they made it possible to press select at the emunand homescreen, press up and you can go from gateway mode (multi rom menu) to emunand 7.x+ (able to play real carts). when I go to the emunand reg version to play a real cart, I notice I can still play my CIAs. This may seem really stupid (hence Im in the noob section asking lol), but will something happen to my games if I play a real cart and my CIAs on that mode? If still in that mode and play CIAs, will it mess up anything for not being in gateway mode?

Im not sure if this makes sense, but Ill try to clarify if anyone needs. Thanks a lot in advance. Please bear with me XD

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgraded to 9.2.0-20U and spent a good weekend trying to keep up with the immense library of homebrew and everything involved. Currently trying get a CFW on my system but I wanted to know: which CFWs are available, which are good, and why?

Thanks!

clight

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi all, New to 3DS CFW.
I have a o3DS which was in 10.3.0-28U.
I used browserhax -> menuhax -> sysUpdater to downgrade it to 9.2.0-20u.

What I am planning to do is to install emunand and upgrade it to 10.6
then system transfer emunand 10.6 + NNID onto a new3ds.
I would then keep the o3DS for homebrew etc. and use the new3ds as my legit system.

Is this possible? What is the best way to go about doing this?
Alternatively, I can ask Nintendo to transfer the NNID to the new system before going further with my o3ds?

*Top priority - NNID is linked to Pokebank. Want to use it on the new3ds.

Thanks alot in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: