• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question for this thread. Where is the best place to buy sky3ds plus. I have been wanting this for months but I'm scared I might get scammed or worse my identity stolen so I was also wondering if I could use a prepaid visa card so that way I won't get my id stolen.
I was thinking modchipcentral but I live in the US so I was thinking modchipdirect since it's located here or peachds but it keeps saying but through ebay but it's like 299 now on ebay and that's not gonna happen. Help would be much appreciated.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My question for this thread. Where is the best place to buy sky3ds plus. I have been wanting this for months but I'm scared I might get scammed or worse my identity stolen so I was also wondering if I could use a prepaid visa card so that way I won't get my id stolen.
I was thinking modchipcentral but I live in the US so I was thinking modchipdirect since it's located here or peachds but it keeps saying but through ebay but it's like 299 now on ebay and that's not gonna happen. Help would be much appreciated.
Generally any of the sites listed on the flashcart's official reseller list are ok to purchase from.

I can vouch for ModChipCentral, I bought my Gateway cart and E3 Flasher from them and had no issues.

Anyway, if your 3DS is on 10.3 firmware or lower you could downgrade and use CFW instead of buying a Sky3DS+. CFW is completely free and can do more than what the Sky3DS+ can do. If it's above 10.3, you can still downgrade, but it requires a hardmod (which would still be cheaper than the Sky3DS+, even if you paid somebody else to do it for you).

PKSYHR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to update the emuNAND from 9.2 to 10.3 offline? I can't seem to find anything that will help me with this.

Would I have to update the sysNAND and then make a NAND dump and then use that for the emuNAND? and then downgrade the sysNAND?

Last edited by PKSYHR,

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Is it possible to update the emuNAND from 9.2 to 10.3 offline? I can't seem to find anything that will help me with this.

Would I have to update the sysNAND and then make a NAND dump and then use that for the emuNAND? and then downgrade the sysNAND?
You can't do that. You can't downgrade your FW if you update it to 10.5. If you can access this website, then I'm sure you should have no problem downloading the 10.5 FW files using 3DNUS and update emuNAND using sysUpdater :)

P.S You have to update from emuNAND.

PKSYHR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't do that. You can't downgrade your FW if you update it to 10.5. If you can access this website, then I'm sure you should have no problem downloading the 10.5 FW files using 3DNUS and update emuNAND using sysUpdater :)

P.S You have to update from emuNAND.

I Have a 9.2 sysNAND and a 9.2 emuNAND they are unlinked. Because of the 10.5 update I cannot use the internet to update the emuNAND due to CFW not being able to work at that. I was wondering if there was a way to update the emuNAND OFFLINE to 10.3 not 10.5 as to have better access to things.

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I Have a 9.2 sysNAND and a 9.2 emuNAND they are unlinked. Because of the 10.5 update I cannot use the internet to update the emuNAND due to CFW not being able to work at that. I was wondering if there was a way to update the emuNAND OFFLINE to 10.3 not 10.5 as to have better access to things.
If you want to update your emuNAND, you can just do it normally(through system settings on emuNAND), CFW will still work. Don't update your sysNAND, it's literally useless to update your sysNAND, as you'll lose access to your CFW. CFW only works on sysNAND <=9.2

If you still want to update offline, you can use 3DNUS to download the 10.3 FW titles, and use sysUpdater on emuNAND to update it :)

Last edited by HariGp,

PKSYHR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to update your emuNAND, you can just do it normally(through system settings on emuNAND), CFW will still work. Don't update your sysNAND, it's literally useless to update your sysNAND, as you'll lose access to your CFW. CFW only works on sysNAND <=9.2

If you still want to update offline, you can use 3DNUS to download the 10.3 FW titles, and use sysUpdater on emuNAND to update it :)

Is cia instalation through fbi still possible through 10.5 RxTools emuNAND? Just trying to be sure.

DingusPingus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But there is someone who is working on them, or everything is stopped?
I have a 2DS with fw 10.5, should I wait for new developments of softmod or risk with the hardmod downgrade?
the most that have gone through are ideas but none of them are being developed on, at least publicly, right now a hardmod is the only way

TheFedex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the most that have gone through are ideas but none of them are being developed on, at least publicly, right now a hardmod is the only way

I understand, thank you.
You give me advice the way hardmod or do you think the general course of softmod methods is fast enough to wait a few weeks?

Reconer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Thinking of buying a N3DS XL with 9.0 FW. What do I need hardware/software wise to install a CFW like rxTools?
I do have a original 3DS with rxTools available, if that helps the process.
By the way, is it possible to transfer game saves from that old 3DS to a new one using savedatafiler or other such methods?

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thinking of buying a N3DS XL with 9.0 FW. What do I need hardware/software wise to install a CFW like rxTools?
I do have a original 3DS with rxTools available, if that helps the process.
By the way, is it possible to transfer game saves from that old 3DS to a new one using savedatafiler or other such methods?
If you're getting an n3ds with 9.0 firmware, not Hardmod needed. All you need is homebrew starter kit to install Menuhax and the newest rxtools 3.0 files on sd card. And yes you can transfer save files after you back them up using savedatafiler.

Reconer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
If you're getting an n3ds with 9.0 firmware, not Hardmod needed. All you need is homebrew starter kit to install Menuhax and the newest rxtools 3.0 files on sd card. And yes you can transfer save files after you back them up using savedatafiler.
That was quick, thank you very much. I'll look into it.

Reactions: LlamaLemonFace

ILeo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys can you help me i want to play 3ds games on my nintendo 3ds (old) my system version is Ver.10.2.0-28E ( i don't want plugins and others, just 3ds games) Shoud i buy a flashed card? R4iSDHC 2014, is it good? or maybe i should install cfw on it? can i play 3ds games on cfw?
or maybe shoud i buy a flashed card? and where i can buy it from? (also i want to play online if possible)

Last edited by ILeo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay