• Views 4,447,098
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm downloading a CIA game update, do I need to download previous updates first or are they all bundled into one?

Nomadic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I just purchased an "old" 3DS from a friend with 10.5.0-30U on it. I've been trying to figure out how to load homebrew on it, but have found the various tutorials sort of confusing.

My end game goal is to load HB on this sucked, downgrade and load a CFW. Would anyone please be kind enough to explain to me (or at least point me to the correct tutorials) the proper non-brick way to accomplish this, if I even can on the current version.

Thanks in advance!

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I just purchased an "old" 3DS from a friend with 10.5.0-30U on it. I've been trying to figure out how to load homebrew on it, but have found the various tutorials sort of confusing.

My end game goal is to load HB on this sucked, downgrade and load a CFW. Would anyone please be kind enough to explain to me (or at least point me to the correct tutorials) the proper non-brick way to accomplish this, if I even can on the current version.

Thanks in advance!
Downgrade: impossible unless you hard mod.

Homebrew wise, browserhax and menuhax should still work

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

Thanks in advance!

It's not possible to downgrade from 10.5 as Nintendo fixed the exploit you could use when on 10.3 to downgrade, you're out of luck. If you want to play 3ds games your best bet is going with sky3ds+ as gateway will release support up to 10.3 in a few months and it would be another year until they're up to 10.5+.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
mSD wireless management , can i put it on the home menu of the N3DS so i don't have to enter system settings every time to use it ?

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a Gateway, and a 32GB card in my N3DS. Its a 9.2 N3DS with 10.5 emunand. Id like to increase the memory to 64GB so I can add more CIAs into my system. Is it an easy matter of just copying my card contents to the new one, or is it more complicated? Can someone tell me what I need to do or direct me to a tutorial or something? Thanks in advance, its much appreciated!

xTealBlooded

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently received my 3DS XL from Amazon. It came on version 8.1. I’ve done a little bit of research, and get the generics of how to set up a home-brew (because I assumed getting a 3DS new I would get one of the more recent firmware versions), but now I see that having such a low firmware version opens up my options. I don’t need to be spoonfed how to do every little thing, I just need to know a few of the options I have open to me. I don’t have a Gateway or a Sky3DS obviously, as I am new to this, nor do I have Cubic Ninja (no need for that it looks like thought).

Should I stay on the version I’m at now? It looks like people are saying the best to be on is 9.2, can I upgrade just to that version? I’m looking to just be able to run some emulators for old DS games and GBA/GBC games, (and 3DS games obviously), so is home-brew or CFW better for me in that sense?

Appreciate the help.

Last edited by xTealBlooded,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just recently received my 3DS XL from Amazon. It came on version 8.1. I’ve done a little bit of research, and get the generics of how to set up a home-brew (because I assumed getting a 3DS new I would get one of the more recent firmware versions), but now I see that having such a low firmware version opens up my options. I don’t need to be spoonfed how to do every little thing, I just need to know a few of the options I have open to me. I don’t have a Gateway or a Sky3DS obviously, as I am new to this, nor do I have Cubic Ninja (no need for that it looks like thought).

Should I stay on the version I’m at now? It looks like people are saying the best to be on is 9.2, can I upgrade just to that version? I’m looking to just be able to run some emulators for old DS games and GBA/GBC games, (and 3DS games obviously), so is home-brew or CFW better for me in that sense?

Appreciate the help.
You can have both CFW and homebrew. You won't be able to run DS games without a flashcart though.

The best place to start is with rxTools. That'll get you set up with CFW. From there, you can decide whether you want to upgrade to 9.2 or not.

After you've done all of that, check out Retroarch for emulators.

Owl Whiskey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a question about the ACE3DS Plus flashcart that hopefully someone can answer. I've been trying to get my ACE3DS Plus card to work on my O3DS XL (US) 9.2 sysnand or my rx10.3 emunand but it usually gives me the error to power off my 3DS or the screen stays black. I use the files from the "official" website, when I plug it in it shows the metroid prime ds demo icon, and it works fine on my DS lite. I already tried installing the bluecardfix.cia and the flashcardtimewarp.cia to nand but that doesn't seem to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. :)
Can anyone help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto