• Likes 43

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have fixed my previous issue ty :)

Another question:

I have installed a GBA game (pokemon leaf green) however, when i start it up i get the error message that something went wrong and that i have to reboot my DS. Is there any guide available on how to properly play gba on reinand?

Mattex96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi again, I just installed reinand, but when I go to FBI to install FBI.cia there is an error and doesn't let me to install it, why does this happen? how can I fix it?

P.S. I tried to run PastaCFW so I was able to run FBI there, but when I try to open PastaCFW I get a blackscreen

Last edited by Mattex96,

Weltock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some trouble downgrading my Japanese N3DS from 10.3 to 9.2. I'm using this guide:
(More specifically, I'm using the text that accompanies the video underneath it.) I've done what I'm told to do up to the end of the instructions, and I've gotten successfully to this screen:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/Kinstrome/20160116_155922_zpsgvug94kl.jpg

Going with option (Y) leads me to this screen:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/Kinstrome/20160116_160059_zpst3un6q1o.jpg

...an almost completely black screen (save for a little "static" line at the bottom-left corner) that lasts forever, until I turn off the console.

Going with option (A) leads me to this screen:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/Kinstrome/20160116_155939_zpsrnvlpisu.jpg

I'm uncertain what's going on in that picture, but if that's what's causing the process to fail, I'd love some help from somebody more experienced. Thanks.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some trouble downgrading my Japanese N3DS from 10.3 to 9.2. I'm using this guide:
(More specifically, I'm using the text that accompanies the video underneath it.) I've done what I'm told to do up to the end of the instructions, and I've gotten successfully to this screen:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/Kinstrome/20160116_155922_zpsgvug94kl.jpg

Going with option (Y) leads me to this screen:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/Kinstrome/20160116_160059_zpst3un6q1o.jpg

...an almost completely black screen (save for a little "static" line at the bottom-left corner) that lasts forever, until I turn off the console.

Going with option (A) leads me to this screen:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/Kinstrome/20160116_155939_zpsrnvlpisu.jpg

I'm uncertain what's going on in that picture, but if that's what's causing the process to fail, I'd love some help from somebody more experienced. Thanks.

are you using the correct 9.2 files? make sure you are using the one for n3ds and not o3ds update.

screw_ball69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a Old3ds on 10.3 and was curious what my options are for modding. I was thinking of getting a Flashcard so I didnt have to pack a bunch of carts around but if I can downgrade or go a different route that allows for home brew that'd be even better.

Edit: if any option would allow me to play Region Locked games I'd instantly take that option

Last edited by screw_ball69,

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter what I do, I can't get emunand9 to load while I'm using CTRbootmanager. It just loops me back to itself. I have to disable it by editing the payload to point to the actual homebrew launcher (bhbl.3dsx) to boot emunand9, then do what I need to do, then remove the microSD and edit the payload back to the way it was. Is there a solution to this?

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
N3DS 9.2(sys) + 9.5(emu) here.
GBA VC and DSiWare won't load from rxMode (whether sys or emuNAND).
They do load from Pasta CFW (sysNAND) and ReiNand (emuNAND).
Yes, installed to both 3DS profiles, GBA to SD, DSiWare to NAND.

No matter what I do, I can't get emunand9 to load while I'm using CTRbootmanager. It just loops me back to itself. I have to disable it by editing the payload to point to the actual homebrew launcher (bhbl.3dsx) to boot emunand9, then do what I need to do, then remove the microSD and edit the payload back to the way it was. Is there a solution to this?
Emunand9 as the homebrew? or one CFW? (which one?)
What's your config for menuhax? Do you have to press a certain key or to not press a certain key in order for *hax to load at startup?

Last edited by BDS,

awm8604

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3DS XL
SYSNAND 9.0
EMUNAND 10.3

Can I play a Xenoblade 3D cartridge via Classic Mode? Will the update be ignored because the EMUNAND is at 10.3?
If it is possible, would it also have worked if the EMUNAND was <9.4 which is the update included on the cart? Does Classic Mode block or do anything to prevent cartridge updates?

Thanks

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3DS 9.2(sys) + 9.5(emu) here.
GBA VC and DSiWare won't load from rxMode (whether sys or emuNAND).
They do load from Pasta CFW (sysNAND) and ReiNand (emuNAND).
Yes, installed to both 3DS profiles, GBA to SD, DSiWare to NAND.

Emunand9 as the homebrew? or one CFW? (which one?)
What's your config for menuhax? Do you have to press a certain key or to not press a certain key in order for *hax to load at startup?

It's the homebrew one. I have menuhax set to type 2 with the button as "R". Whenever I try to load emunand9 from Homebrew Launcher, whether from sysnand menuhax (nands aren't linked) or with homebrew launcher CIA in emunand, it loops back to CTR boot manager even if I'm holding R.

jacobtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
N3DS with Reinand on EmuNAND 10.3 here.
I have a retail copy of Zelda TriForce Heroes, how would the easiest way to dump it be?

madmax2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what is the biggest microsd card size supported?
And what brand/model/speed is recommended?

Weltock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you using the correct 9.2 files? make sure you are using the one for n3ds and not o3ds update.

I think I am, since the guide I was using specifically mentioned the N3DS.

But just to try everything I exchanged my "updates" folder on the SD card for another "updates" derived from 9.2.0-20J(Full)_n3DS.zip, on https://mega.nz/#F!IApGwLJL!kYHL5jMlDfd0rmn6a8DaFw

This led to this error:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/Kinstrome/20160116_231750_zpsgfrjvld9.jpg

It's basically the same as before: a CIA file is missing and I don't know why it's missing or where to find it.

NOTE: I deleted the file 000400102002CA00.cia from the "updates" folder as per the brick-prevention guide located somewhere else on the site. But anyway, that isn't the file it said was missing.

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I managed to unlink my nands and able to install cia. My question now is how do I add dlc or patches to a game. And also what is the difference of big blue box and FBI?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have fixed my previous issue ty :)

Another question:

I have installed a GBA game (pokemon leaf green) however, when i start it up i get the error message that something went wrong and that i have to reboot my DS. Is there any guide available on how to properly play gba on reinand?
reinand is very basic i dont know if it has gba support . . . but i can say the gba.cia games must be installed to sysnand (destination sd if using fbi)

So I managed to unlink my nands and able to install cia. My question now is how do I add dlc or patches to a game. And also what is the difference of big blue box and FBI?
install them as a .cia as well
and fbi (along with bigredmenu and nasa) is (are) completely open source and big blue box (bbm/devmenu/titlemanager/devmenu2x) are all mods of a official nintendo dev app

PSWitia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all, quick question here
i have an original 3ds (not sure of the firmware), was wondering if it was possible to install games from other regions without a flashcard?
possibly something involving custom firmware?
if someone could give me a few tips to get started, i'd appreciate it

cheers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong