• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

iv2b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Thank you a ton for the info, i assume that means that unless i buy gateway's cartridge, i'm unable to play 3ds games? If so, i guess i'll absolutely try one out!

I've checked a few guides on downgrading the firmware, they seem easy enough to try. =D

JokeTriple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downgraded my console but when I try to get into browserhax to get to menuhax installer, it just loads and then crashes the browser OR it simply doesn't load at all.

Is there something I'm supposed to download for 9.2? Like, an older version of the starter kit? Or is the browserhax site just being impossible today?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've downgraded my console but when I try to get into browserhax to get to menuhax installer, it just loads and then crashes the browser OR it simply doesn't load at all.

Is there something I'm supposed to download for 9.2? Like, an older version of the starter kit? Or is the browserhax site just being impossible today?
Have you tried clearing your browser's history and cookies? Also, Browserhax creates a file on the root of your SD, have you tried deleting that file? The file is called webkithax_tmp.bin.

JokeTriple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried clearing your browser's history and cookies? Also, Browserhax creates a file on the root of your SD, have you tried deleting that file? The file is called webkithax_tmp.bin.
Did both of the first two thing multiple times. And I just tried after deleting the webkithax_tmp.bin, but it's still giving the crashing and/or failure to connect error.

EDIT: Just used the Google DNS and got it working. DNS is Primary - 8.8.8.8 and Secondary - 8.8.4.4

Last edited by JokeTriple,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How can you convert a 3ds file to a .cia?
There are a few ways. The way I do it personally is with Decrypt9 and Riku's Simple CIA Converter.

You'll need to install Python 2.7.

Drag the .3ds onto Decrypt9's ncchinfo_gen.py script. You'll get an ncchinfo.bin file. Place that file on the root of your SD card.

Launch Decrypt9 and select the option for XORpad generation, then NCCH padgen. It will take a while to finish generating the xorpads.

Once if finishes, take all of the xorpad files and place them in the CIA Converter's xorpad folder. Place the .3ds file in the roms folder. Start the CIA Converter and press the Convert button. At this point it may not look like the CIA Convert is doing anything; wait for a bit. Even though there's no message or progress bar, it has begun converting.

Once it finishes, a message will pop up saying "Finished." Check the cia folder and your cia should be in there.

Last edited by BobDoleOwndU,

anagomesc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Trying again:
Hi guys!
So, I tried to play Happy Home Designer on my o3ds, but it keeps freezing on the loading screen.
My sysnand is 7.1.0-16U and my emunand is 10.3, I use rxtools.
Is there a way to fix that? Or I will need to buy the original game? :P
Thanks already, and sorry for the bad english, not my first language.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trying again:
Hi guys!
So, I tried to play Happy Home Designer on my o3ds, but it keeps freezing on the loading screen.
My sysnand is 7.1.0-16U and my emunand is 10.3, I use rxtools.
Is there a way to fix that? Or I will need to buy the original game? :P
Thanks already, and sorry for the bad english, not my first language.
It should work on 10.3 emuNAND. You might have downloaded a bad cia. Have you tried a different cia of the game?

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still confused about what the easiest method to do this is:
I have one O3DS and one N3DSXL. I just downgraded both to 9.2. My goal is to be able to play 3DS roms (online if possible). I do not own any flash card or exploit games. What is the easiest, best way to put cfw on both systems. Is there a tutorial or method that would apply to both? I found several tutorials but in the comments section people have various opinions about which entry point or cfw is best. Thank you.

Romana

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi! I have an o3DSXL running emuNAND with no problem. I just want to ask how to play DS games on it.

My Flashcard is an R4iTT. It reads "V.16" in a little starburst. It runs just fine in my lovely old DSLite! If I could get it to also run on my o3DSXL it would be wonderful. The provided website for the card is not a whole lot of help (r4itt.net) so if someone could point me in the right direction to a guide or something like that, I'd be very thankful.

Ompet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

Is it safe to do the N3DS downgrade through any other hax than Menuhax? I have Ironfall and Ninjhax, so I never installed homemenu-hax, and now the server seems to be down, so I can't install it.. If anyone either could help me install it or tell me it's safe with other methods, I would be so pleased! :)

JokeTriple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to ask a question I asked ina tutorial thread here too in hopes of a quicker response:
"Place 3DS/EmuNAND9 and Decrypt9WIP/ into the 3ds/ folder."
Can someone make sense of this for me? Does he want me to put the 3DS folder that comes in the emunand9 download into the 3ds folder to make 3ds/3DS/emunand9, or does he just want me to put it into the root?

And what about all the other files in the emunand9 download? Like the .dat, .nds, .bin, and the lone EmuNAND9 folder?

Ompet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Let me answer my own question..

Using ninjhax and https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-safesysupdater.409392/ I am now on 9.2.0-20E on my N3DS! Woop woop!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Going to ask a question I asked ina tutorial thread here too in hopes of a quicker response:
"Place 3DS/EmuNAND9 and Decrypt9WIP/ into the 3ds/ folder."
Can someone make sense of this for me? Does he want me to put the 3DS folder that comes in the emunand9 download into the 3ds folder to make 3ds/3DS/emunand9, or does he just want me to put it into the root?

And what about all the other files in the emunand9 download? Like the .dat, .nds, .bin, and the lone EmuNAND9 folder?

Ususally when someone includes a 3ds folder in a zip file, he wants you to put the content in your 3ds-folder at root. Most people already have a 3ds folder, but if you are new into 3ds hacking, you might only have a Nintendo 3DS folder. When hacking your 3ds your filesystem usually looks like this on your memory card:

- 3ds
- - your homebrews
- Nintendo 3DS
- - random numbers
- boot.3dsx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    She saw the sign and it opened up her mind lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/iqu132vTl5Y?si=MZw4KpDtlawLZNEF