• Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi hope you guys can help
I cannot run the roms on my 3ds using gateway. Launcher.dat is on the 3ds sd card I can load gateway menu but cannot show games once I enter gateway mode. diagnostic test in gateway menu shows all ok and my .3ds file is on the root of the SD card
How is your Gateway's mSD card formatted? Try formatting it to exFAT if it isn't already.

Fylosopher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I have some noob questions to ask:
i have a O3DS with latest firmware (10.), and i just bought a 9.0 N3DS XL
since in the O3DS, there're save data of Mii Plaza, Pokemon Shuffle and Rumble World i wish to keep, then how can i do the System Transfer?
This thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/system-transfer-old-3ds-to-new-3ds-gateway-emunand.395656/ says that the only way is to transfer to an O3DS w/ emunand, then to the N3DS
Is there any other ways???

cahir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another noob question:
I'm about to buy a NSDS XL Majora's Mask edition.
Looking at couple of guides and they all mention -formating sysNAND/Unlink sysNAND and emuNAND - would that means I will loose my pre installed game copy of Zelda...?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do CFW installed CIAs work with game updates from the eshop on 10.3 emunand
Yes they do.

Hi I have some noob questions to ask:
i have a O3DS with latest firmware (10.), and i just bought a 9.0 N3DS XL
since in the O3DS, there're save data of Mii Plaza, Pokemon Shuffle and Rumble World i wish to keep, then how can i do the System Transfer?
This thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/system-transfer-old-3ds-to-new-3ds-gateway-emunand.395656/ says that the only way is to transfer to an O3DS w/ emunand, then to the N3DS
Is there any other ways???
Yes, that is the only way to do a system transfer. However, if you have access to the Homebrew Launcher on the O3DS, you can use one of the homebrew save tools to extract your saves then use either the same homebrew save tool to import them to the the N3DS.

Formatted as FAT32
Try exFAT; it tends to work better with Gateway.

Reactions: Dean29

Fylosopher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, that is the only way to do a system transfer. However, if you have access to the Homebrew Launcher on the O3DS, you can use one of the homebrew save tools to extract your saves then use either the same homebrew save tool to import them to the the N3DS.
Thanks
I'm trying it rite now

Last edited by Fylosopher,

raylgo

Trophies
XP
Country
Super noob question but all the guides I read don't quite hit the mark.

How do I update my 4.5u o3ds to a 9.0 fw? I wanted to run rxtools but all the guides say I have to start around 9.0 to 9.2 fw...

I rented Bravely Default to push it to 4.5 from 1.1.0 since I thought it would help a bit but I still don't have access to the browser.

Did I do it right? I saw that yo-kai watch will update to 9.0 and it is available for rent too. Should I stick with a game-forced update or is there another way? After this, I can follow the well made guides all the way I guess. Just got confused with the updating firmware part...

skullpatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question
I recently updated my NAND 8.1.0-18U O3DS to 9.0.0-20U using sysupdater and I set up rxtools and menuhax according to this guide
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
For some reason, though, I can't update my emuNAND using the system settings so I was wondering what other way I could update emunand.

Another noob question
I set up menuhax to autoboot into rxtools witch takes me straight to emuNAND but I would like for a way to boot into the homebrew launcher and not rxtools as well. Is that at all possible?

Last edited by skullpatch,

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question
I recently updated my NAND 8.1.0-18U O3DS to 9.0.0-20U using sysupdater and I set up rxtools and menuhax according to this guide
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
For some reason, though, I can't update my emuNAND using the system settings so I was wondering what other way I could update emunand.

Another noob question
I set up menuhax to autoboot into rxtools witch takes me straight to emuNAND but I would like for a way to boot into the homebrew launcher and not rxtools as well. Is that at all possible?

Check out this post, he has a multi boot optional install: https://gbatemp.net/threads/rxtools...rom-browserhax-homemenuhax-to-rxtools.398420/

Fylosopher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have an O3DS with latest firmware (10.3), and i just bought a 9.0 N3DS XL. In the O3DS, there're save data of Mii Plaza, Pokemon Shuffle and Rumble World i wish to keep
i'm trying this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...-custom-themes-all-in-one-noobs-guide.395652/ but 1 problem is i dont have OOT, neither CN nor Ironfall. The rest options are only for up to 10.1 firmware, while mine is 10.3
Are there any other solutions?

Last edited by Fylosopher,

Leonardo1604

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi.
Can I play some gba game in r4i sdhc dual core with the emulators in the forum(mgba/citragb/gpsp) or I can just play in the homebrew? Thks

Xinaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there in any way, that i can change what homemenu hax loads?
What i want to do is load crtb.3dsx instead of boot.3dsx.

Drowze

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can use SaveDataFiler or one of the homebrew save tools to extract the saves from one 3DS and import them to another.
I see. Thank you!

Another question though, is there any tool for linux to verify/inject headers on 3DS roms? Something along the lines of Gateway Rom Patcher.

Last edited by Drowze,

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently received a 9.0.0-20U Nintendo New 3DS XL (Majora's Mask Edition! :D). I've formatted and installed a 64 GB micro SDXC card. I should be ready to start setting up CFW. I'm not sure where to start. I know I currently have no intention of purchasing a flashcart. I do have a copy of CN since I've been dabbling in Smea's HBL on my 10.1.0-27U o3DS XL and 9.9.0-26U o3DS XL.

I've been looking at this article (http://hackinformer.com/2015/07/03/beginners-guide-cfw-3ds/) as a comprehensive list of available CFWs. I've read rxTools is compatible with N3DS consoles yet the website seems to say otherwise. Because it would seem the article and the rxTools website are out of date, I was hoping someone would be able/willing to point me toward more current CFW sources.

sirauron14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to the whole 3ds stuff I'm just wondering what do I need to do in order to hack my 3ds its version is 7.1.0-15U. If anyone can lead me in the right direction to hack it it would be appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh