• Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N00b to the 3DS here, with a (used) New 3DS XL, that has 10.3.0-28, and on which I've already begun using the eShop. I have a DS Lite, OoT, can get Smash or Rockfall cheap enough, have Linux PCs with Wifi, am not against buying a cheaper flash cart (Ace3DS+, or R4 3DS, for example), and am trying to digest too much information, with lots of knowledge gaps, much of which might not be valid for 10.3.0-28 anyway :wacko:. Running 3DS game ROMs is not important, right now, but I don't want to prevent myself from being able to, if my collection of carts gets too big, or a translation I really want to play gets made. I do want to be able to go ahead and run emulators. What is the best way for me to get started, being saddled with 10.3.0-28?
10.3 cfw (3ds roms without a $90usd flashcard) is out of the question for your system . . . emulators however you can still do you said you have oot then you need a savefile editing device (datel's powersaves is recommended) and then you can access the 3ds hbc for emulators custom themes and custom badges and other homebrew i cant think of at the moment

Last edited by wormdood,

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to update a 3DS/3DZ or CIA file when you're not on the latest firmware? Also, if you own a 3ds cartridge and update the game, does the update apply to the cartridge itself or does it just install data to the 3ds? Thanks.

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to update a 3DS/3DZ or CIA file when you're not on the latest firmware? Also, if you own a 3ds cartridge and update the game, does the update apply to the cartridge itself or does it just install data to the 3ds? Thanks.
You can just download the update cias from that iso site. And it installs data to the 3ds. Doesn't modify your rom

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can just download the update cias from that iso site. And it installs data to the 3ds. Doesn't modify your rom

Thanks. I have a 3DZ file installed, if I download this update cia, will it be compatible with the 3DZ file? Or is it only for CIA games? Also, is there a way to check if a game is updated to the latest version?

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I have a 3DZ file installed, if I download this update cia, will it be compatible with the 3DZ file? Or is it only for CIA games? Also, is there a way to check if a game is updated to the latest version?

Yea, it'll work. As for your last question, I'm not aware of anything besides checking out the eShop

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea, it'll work. As for your last question, I'm not aware of anything besides checking out the eShop

Ok, I have one last question for you :) I am running Emunand and Sysnand 9.0 on my n3DS. I want to use a guide I've found to spoof eshop access to update my 3DZ file. When I enable wifi, will this cause an update for new system firmware to download in the background and give me the update nag from now on? Thanks!

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have one last question for you :) I am running Emunand and Sysnand 9.0 on my n3DS. I want to use a guide I've found to spoof eshop access to update my 3DZ file. When I enable wifi, will this cause an update for new system firmware to download in the background and give me the update nag from now on? Thanks!
Im not sure about that actually. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can help. I leave my wifi on on my N3DS and I haven't got an update nag yet. That's just personal experience. Not sure. Hopefully someone can answer that question as I'm curious about that myself

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updates will only be downloaded in the background if you enter sleep mode while connected to the internet. As long as you avoid entering sleep mode with your wifi on, nothing will be downloaded in the background.

Reactions: SmellyPirateMonkey

laneman121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N00b to the 3DS here, with a (used) New 3DS XL, that has 10.3.0-28, and on which I've already begun using the eShop. I have a DS Lite, OoT, can get Smash or Rockfall cheap enough, have Linux PCs with Wifi, am not against buying a cheaper flash cart (Ace3DS+, or R4 3DS, for example), and am trying to digest too much information, with lots of knowledge gaps, much of which might not be valid for 10.3.0-28 anyway :wacko:. Running 3DS game ROMs is not important, right now, but I don't want to prevent myself from being able to, if my collection of carts gets too big, or a translation I really want to play gets made. I do want to be able to go ahead and run emulators. What is the best way for me to get started, being saddled with 10.3.0-28?
do you have cubix ninja (actually game)? or datel power saves?

Drowze

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
(made the same question few pages ago)

About save files, is there a safe way to copy them to another 3DS (without using the Save Data Transfer shit)?
I'm guessing that it wouldn't be an issue with card2 games such as Pokemon XY/ORAS, but what about card1 games?

I was thinking about how I'd manage my roms (personally I'm more attached to .3ds/3dz files than .cias) and considered converting them all to card2 to lessen the hassle of copying save files when I get a New3DS, but then I remembered that it would probably cause problems if I'd want to trim the files.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
(made the same question few pages ago)

About save files, is there a safe way to copy them to another 3DS (without using the Save Data Transfer shit)?
I'm guessing that it wouldn't be an issue with card2 games such as Pokemon XY/ORAS, but what about card1 games?

I was thinking about how I'd manage my roms (personally I'm more attached to .3ds/3dz files than .cias) and considered converting them all to card2 to lessen the hassle of copying save files when I get a New3DS, but then I remembered that it would probably cause problems if I'd want to trim the files.
You can use SaveDataFiler or one of the homebrew save tools to extract the saves from one 3DS and import them to another.

ZiLzO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all,
I have N3ds with 10.3.0.28E with sky3ds and ninjahax and ironhax working.
Can i play with my dump games ?
Do i need to downgrade my firmware to 9.2?
I see many guide but i can't choose correctly.
Sorry for my noob question,
ZiLzO

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have N3ds with 10.3.0.28E with sky3ds and ninjahax and ironhax working.
Can i play with my dump games ?
Do i need to downgrade my firmware to 9.2?
I see many guide but i can't choose correctly.
Sorry for my noob question,
ZiLzO
You can play the dumped games on sky3ds on the latest firmware provided they are .3ds files and dont have the AP check (depends on your card)
Its 9.2 and below if they are cia

Dean29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi hope you guys can help
I cannot run the roms on my 3ds using gateway. Launcher.dat is on the 3ds sd card I can load gateway menu but cannot show games once I enter gateway mode. diagnostic test in gateway menu shows all ok and my .3ds file is on the root of the SD card

ZiLzO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can play the dumped games on sky3ds on the latest firmware provided they are .3ds files and dont have the AP check (depends on your card)
Its 9.2 and below if they are cia

Thanks for your reply.
Can I downgrade mu firmware or install cfw ? Is useful ( without sky3ds card ) ?

ZiLzO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You cannot downgrade or install can i play cfw above 9.2 with or without sky3ds
Sky3ds just lets you play unmodified .3ds roms
If a give sky3ds for a limited time to my sister's son for 20 days can i play with my backup or i must wait for another exploit ?
Thanks,
ZiLzO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.