• Views 4,458,563
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to extract game save without the 3DS? I mean if I have SD card and the NAND back up that match the SD card data, but don't have the 3DS.
You can't, they are encrypted.

To extract a save from the SD card you have to decrypt it first with SDF.

And you can't do that without the original 3DS.

Reactions: tivu100

thoom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I buy a new-in-box Original model 3DS XL will it definitely have a firmware on it that I can use gateway with?

Also, is there a complete guide to get Gateway set up? Everything I've found seems to assume a lot of knowledge about how the hack works, so it'd be nice if there was something that started from scratch.

Thanks.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I buy a new-in-box Original model 3DS XL will it definitely have a firmware on it that I can use gateway with?

Also, is there a complete guide to get Gateway set up? Everything I've found seems to assume a lot of knowledge about how the hack works, so it'd be nice if there was something that started from scratch.

Thanks.

Yes, every new 3DS XL (Not *New 3DS XL*) up until today has been less or equal than a 9.2 firmware out of the box, there is an incoming red Black Friday bundle with Mario 3D Land that will be probably the first batch above 9.2 so you should be totally fine if you are buying.new.

You can download the Gateway manual from their original website, is noob friendly and you can always come here and ask if you don't understand something.

Vcliex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.playdesain.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hii, i'm using New 3DS XL
Sysnand : 9.5
Sky3ds

I want to know how use save editor? anyone can teach me?
first, i don't have powersave,gateway, or any other card
i only have sky3ds

how can i get save backup?

and what should i do, if i want get homebrew

Inukami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an easy way to transfer files to the internal n3ds microsd card without taking off the back plate and removing it? Either transfer from the gateway microsd card to the internal n3ds microsd card or somehow wirelessly?

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is there an easy way to transfer files to the internal n3ds microsd card without taking off the back plate and removing it? Either transfer from the gateway microsd card to the internal n3ds microsd card or somehow wirelessly?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/microsd-management-on-homecreen-and-working-on-old3dss-too.383892/

Hii, i'm using New 3DS XL
Sysnand : 9.5
Sky3ds

I want to know how use save editor? anyone can teach me?
first, i don't have powersave,gateway, or any other card
i only have sky3ds

how can i get save backup?

and what should i do, if i want get homebrew
get cubic ninja rom for your sky, and use it as cn replacement to get homebrew launcher follow the instruction here: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
then get save manager hombrew for your HBL and use it to backup your save to be used with editor (each game save editor has different method of usage, better read their each respective thread for instructions)

Last edited by honyo29,
Reactions: Vcliex and Inukami

Karlito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What steps should I take before i update a homebrewed N3ds? I realize now that having some emulators on a portable system fails to outweigh the ability to access online content.
If I ever feel like going online for some reason, I'd like that ability to do so.

Or is there an easy way to connect online without being on the latest firmware?

Gruntzer

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
hello

i have N3DS with working Gateway

i have a couple of games that i want to install updates to but the emunanad is not on the last version so i can not access eshop, how can i update my games.

OHAiTHARU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
What's the best way to update my emunand? Directly from emunand settings or sysupdater, etc? Running an O3DS, sysnand 9.2 emunand 9.9.

nuva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I haven't been using my 3DS for a few months, so I was wondering: Do I still need internet connection to start Gateway mode, or is there a way to start it without the internet connection?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by wormdood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.