• Views 4,474,097
  • Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gateway will not automatically delete your data. However, when you use the format emuNAND option on the Gateway menu, it wipes all of the files off of your SD card except the Gateway launcher. Before formatting emuNAND backup the contents of the SD card. After your format emuNAND replace them on the SD card. If you haven't actually purchased the Gateway yet, I would recommend going with CFW instead. It can do almost everything Gateway can do (some of the CFWs actually have features that Gateway doesn't), it is free and it has the ability to coldboot. If you don't have Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time, you'll need CFW to set up Gateway anyway, so might as well skip on the Gateway cart.

Thank you for the advice! This may sound stupid but I'm just trying to play it safe as the 3DS in question here is not mine, so backing up the SD card and restoring the files will keep Miis, streetpass, etc from being lost?

Thanks again!

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if you are set on a n3ds (stronger processor runs homeberw better than o3ds) then use this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-xl-firmware-by-version-number.381479/ to help you find a good one for cfw [Tutorial] How-to install a CFW on a 9.0-9.2 N3DS without CN/OOT (cfw access not only allows you to install .cia apps (installable 3ds roms) but makes homebrew run better as well)

I have to thank and quote you because the Tutorial for the N3DS seems to be waaay deep in the tutorial Section (only found stuff for 3DS...)

This is one of my reasons why i think there should be a N3DS section here at gbatemp...

Dororo00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is a question...
I recently obtained an O3ds in 9.2, I installed RxTools on it, also I have a N3ds on 10.0, the two are from the same region (E)
My question is
Can I transfer Cias installed on the emunand of the RxTools to my N3ds with the system transfer tool and play them on my sysnand one or I should get a brick or something like this?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an O3DS on 9.8, is there anything I can do with it? Like, can I install a CFW without buying a flashcart or anything?
no cfw on fw versions above 9.2 sorry
but if you have cubic ninja or smashbros(and a router) you can setup the homebrew channel and use emulators and custom themes

Last edited by wormdood,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, any way to downgrade? Is there anything I can do to play 3DS game dumps on my unit, or should I just let it collect dust in a drawer?
i remember being at the point you are at now . . . "two months ago" your choices are buy a $80-90usd sky 3ds or buy a new system "i got a new mk7 2ds (6.0.0.12u) bundle for $100usd and sold the digi download code for mk7 online for $15 usd" if you get a new condition 3ds/2ds/3dsxl as long as its not a newly released bundle (ex: 2ds yokai bundle) it will be in a good fw version if you want a n3ds then use this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-xl-firmware-by-version-number.381479/

and that's what my old o3ds does now waiting . . . hoping to have its day in the spotlight

Last edited by wormdood,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the advice! This may sound stupid but I'm just trying to play it safe as the 3DS in question here is not mine, so backing up the SD card and restoring the files will keep Miis, streetpass, etc from being lost?

Thanks again!
Yes, backing up the contents of your SD card will prevent everything from being lost. If you have everything backed up, as long as you don't format sysNAND, everything can be restored.

MiniDemonic

Trophies
XP
Country
i remember being at the point you are at now . . . "two months ago" your choices are buy a $80-90usd sky 3ds or buy a new system "i got a new mk7 2ds (6.0.0.12u) bundle for $100usd and sold the digi download code for mk7 online for $15 usd" if you get a new condition 3ds/2ds/3dsxl as long as its not a newly released bundle (ex: 2ds yokai bundle) it will be in a good fw version if you want a n3ds then use this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-xl-firmware-by-version-number.381479/

and that's what my old o3ds does now waiting . . . hoping to have its day in the spotlight

Hmm, might go for the sky 3ds some day then, around the same price as buying another 3ds and much less hassle of trying to find a 3ds with the correct firmware etc.

Haha, I like the disclaimer the only Swedish store with a sky 3ds has:

"This product is ment to be used for homebrew applications and development only. We do not encurage piracy and any illegal use of it."

Almost directly above that disclaimer the specifications of the sky 3ds is listed and one of them are:

"
  • No homebrew support.
"

Last edited by MiniDemonic,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, might go for the sky 3ds some day then, around the same price as buying another 3ds and much less hassle of trying to find a 3ds with the correct firmware etc.
as i said any o3ds if new(still in the box) will be good as long as its not a newer bundle only finding a good n3ds is a challenge
and i may get a sky myself someday but it has its own problems
you need to set up a "header" for each game or risk being banned
and if your game has updates then to go online with the game you will need to update fw to the latest (in order to use eshop)

Freckles71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.r4isdhcuk.com/Has anyone had any problems when buying from the store in the link? (I'm in the UK,so getting it delivers here,it says they ship from Irland and should take 2-3 days to get here.) I ordered a R4iSdHC 3DS last Tuesday morning and was given a shipping email with a tracking number(27/10/15),but the tracking number doesn't work and I have sent the flashcart site a few emails with no response from them.

Last edited by Freckles71,

bestpersonevar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on my 2ds with 6.0.0.12u and RxTools 3.0 I am able to run and play almost all of the CIAs I install. however, must of the newer games do not work. they launch and then get frozen on 3DS screen, i read something in Pasta about Firm Launching or something, what can I do to fix this?

MiniDemonic

Trophies
XP
Country
as i said any o3ds if new(still in the box) will be good as long as its not a newer bundle only finding a good n3ds is a challenge
and i may get a sky myself someday but it has its own problems
you need to set up a "header" for each game or risk being banned
and if your game has updates then to go online with the game you will need to update fw to the latest (in order to use eshop)

I'm not especially interested in online gaming on the 3DS so that probably won't be a problem for me, just want to play some singleplayer games now and then.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on my 2ds with 6.0.0.12u and RxTools 3.0 I am able to run and play almost all of the CIAs I install. however, must of the newer games do not work. they launch and then get frozen on 3DS screen, i read something in Pasta about Firm Launching or something, what can I do to fix this?
if you have cfw its best to list the fw version of both sysnand and the emunand and newer games work best with newer fw so you should update emunand to 10.2
To update your emunand, only do so through the System Settings app.
Do NOT update if it asks you if you're "ready to start system update" or whatever it says whenever you boot your 3ds, OR through the Eshop. It will update your sysnand instead.

How to properly update emunand: Boot into Emunand, and launch System Settings. Make sure it says RX-E or RX3D in front of the version number to be sure that you are in emunand, and go straight to Other Settings -> System update without exiting the System Settings app.

Some users report their sysnand still being updated following these steps. Unlinking your nands before attempting to update may avoid this. Please read this post before deciding to unlink nands: http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-the-emunand-save-data-mega-guide-gbatemp-doesnt-deserve.378491/ (Please, please, pleasseee read this!).
that should fix game compatibility issues

bestpersonevar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have cfw its best to list the fw version of both sysnand and the emunand and newer games work best with newer fw so you should update emunand to 10.2
that should fix game compatibility issues

okay, i'll try that....last time I updated my emunand to 10.2 i couldn't get back into the emunand using cubic ninja-homebrew loader - rxtools. it just froze at a black screen when I tried to get back into the emunand

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, i'll try that....last time I updated my emunand to 10.2 i couldn't get back into the emunand using cubic ninja-homebrew loader - rxtools. it just froze at a black screen when I tried to get back into the emunand

Why don't you update sysnand to 9.2? Menuhax was the best thing that could had happen to the scene at this point, and it did.

Last edited by Tony_93,
Reactions: wormdood

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig