• Views 4,474,498
  • Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This might be a long shot but is there a Dutch persoon on here who could help me with this? I remember seeying zomeone here with a superwoman avatar and signature who was Dutch? Anyone know who i mean?
Guitarheroknight is who you're thinking of, but they're Croatian not Dutch. Unfortunately I don't know any Dutch, but can try to help you in English if you need help with something.

PECONAUT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone's it's being a while since I being in the 3ds scene. I just recently purchase two N3DS with Firmware 9.0 Since a lot change I have a few question hopefully you guys can't answer for me.

1. What's the best way to backup my N3DS sysNAND without taking it apart. Is there a program to do it

2. Which Custom Firmware should I use. Which provides the most benefits

3. With the custom firmware can I set up EmuNAND

4. Can I set up the custom firmware with only my N3DS and a computer

5. I know EmuNAND for the N3DS only goes up to v9.5. Can I still play online games

Thanks you

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone's it's being a while since I being in the 3ds scene. I just recently purchase two N3DS with Firmware 9.0 Since a lot change I have a few question hopefully you guys can't answer for me.

1. What's the best way to backup my N3DS sysNAND without taking it apart. Is there a program to do it

2. Which Custom Firmware should I use. Which provides the most benefits

3. With the custom firmware can I set up EmuNAND

4. Can I set up the custom firmware with only my N3DS and a computer

5. I know EmuNAND for the N3DS only goes up to v9.5. Can I still play online games

Thanks you
1. You can use the Gateway launcher to backup your NAND. You do not need the flashcart to backup your NAND.

2. Either rxTools or ReiNAND are good for the N3DS. rxTools has the most features, but ReiNAND is probably the most stable CFW for N3DS.

3. Yes.

4. Yes, follow these guides: N3DS CFW without Cubic Ninja, Coldboot CFW.

5. Yes. You can use Free Multi Patcher to spoof your firmware version and access the eShop to download game patches. After you install the patch for your game, you'll be able to play it online.

Reactions: PECONAUT

Alkron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While not new to the this part of the 3DS scene, I am new to the flash card part of it (my first 3DS was in a sweet spot where I didn't need one to get an emuNAND). But I'm looking to set up an o3DS I just bought cheap ultimately up to an emuNAND for the purpose of streetpassing my other 3DS (I know this seems elaborate just for streetpassing, but I got this 3DS for $4.50 so thought it'd be fun to set it up cheap to be able to streetpass my 3DSs with access to all the mii plaza games). I updated it to fw 4.1.0-0U to realize it doesn't have an exploitable browser, so to my understanding I'll need a flashcart to install the profile exploit (new territory for me).

Long story short: What's the cheapest flashcart for installing the DS profile exploit on a 4.1.0-0U o3DS? Because to my understanding, once I have the profile exploit, I can access the Gateway menu to format my emunand and proceed with what I want to do.

Edit: I found something like the "R4isdhc GOLD Pro 2015 for New 3DS /3DS v10.1/2DS/DSi/DS Lite/DS" online for $10, is that my best option?
Edit2: I ended up ordering that card, hoping it'll work!

Last edited by Alkron,

warleyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Newbie in dire straits...

Ok, so I had a gold deluxe card which was playing older games and I recently posted on here about playing later games, I was kindly advised to install rx tools and emunand.
After spending many days looking through tutorials and forums I decided to follow a YouTube 3ds hack install cfw.
So I managed to get gateway 3ds ultra installed v3.0.4 via profile which I believe is called the mset exploit.
Issue has arisen trying to install dbs, I'm able to format emunand, but once I put sd card into PC, the PC no longer recognises the card? Apparently it should be called GATEWAYNAND.
The DS has a system nand of 4.5.0-10E.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

Please help, thanks.

Inukami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Inukami,

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a 128 gig msd card for my N3DS. Will any brand card work, or are only certain ones compatible? I bought one before, but after my cias kept coming up as invalid and wouldn't install. I'd like to avoid spending over $100 if necessary. Where would be the best place to look for a legit card? Best buy has an assortment to choose from, and I figured it would be a safe place to purchase from, but what do you think?

Reactions: Inukami

Inukami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a 128 gig msd card for my N3DS. Will any brand card work, or are only certain ones compatible? I bought one before, but after my cias kept coming up as invalid and wouldn't install. I'd like to avoid spending over $100 if necessary. Where would be the best place to look for a legit card? Best buy has an assortment to choose from, and I figured it would be a safe place to purchase from, but what do you think?

funny we made similar questions :x

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
funny we made similar questions :x

Yeah they work. You just need to format the cards to FAT32 iirc.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to join a 3ds game that has been split into multiple files (gateway dump). I know there's a program out there but can't think of what it's called or where to find it. I need to do this to convert it to cia.

Jsteez

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
[Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS) this link has the answers for questions 1/2/3/5
as for question 4 its just a matter of installing themehax (requires systemnand 9.0/9.2) and grabbing another rxtools loader file stored in a .3dsx (homebrew)

edit:
if you want short answers
1 A nand is your system's firmware. A emunand is an emulated copy of your own nand. nands are linked by default and there is a simple process to unlink them. and unlinked is better as there are often errors associated with linked nands EX: some games appearing "wrapped"every time you power on system
if nands are linked they share a folder (with a unique id) on your 3ds for extra mem / saves and other files when you unlink you create a new one for your systemnand. leaving your old one to be for emunand alone
2. that card should be fine and whats more if you have a ds flascard that was blocked by a 3ds update you can install a file called bluecardfix.cia to re-allow it
3. yes sir
4. "as for question 4 its just a matter of installing themehax (requires systemnand 9.0/9.2) and grabbing another rxtools loader file stored in a .3dsx"
5. the link i provided has instruction and a lot of info as well as a helpful maintainer

2nd edit: sorry for my bad spelling, grammar, and punctuation

Thanks a lot!! I will get on it! :yay:

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to join a 3ds game that has been split into multiple files (gateway dump). I know there's a program out there but can't think of what it's called or where to find it. I need to do this to convert it to cia.
winrar put the files in one folder highlight all parts of the file right click select extract here
Please help, thanks.
try this guide there is a included video and links to nearly everything you will need [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS) its simple and informative

Reactions: samiam144

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there.
I would like to update the mii plaza on my n3ds, but I would like to update it in my 9.5 emunand. I read somewhere this can't be done. Is it for real?

Edit: NVM -- Found FreeMultiPatcher

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

Drowze

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've heard of some people hex editing their nands, looking for a particular offset between their stock nand and the emunand, but I was too scared to try it out. Also, this is predicate upon you only formatting emunand once. Check out the tip I mentioned just above here for an alternative solution. In answer to your first question, there's no way to access the recovery mode when launching CFW.
I suppose that one could use a tool for hex diff two nands (one pre-update nag and one post-update nag) to analyze the differences between them.

Not sure if it would help much tho.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Noob question time! Just got my hands on an O3DS XL with CFW on it (rxTools, sysnand 4.2 and emunand 10.1). However I don't trust myself with not going full retard and accidentally updating my sysnand, so what's the best way to make a NAND backup? I understand I'd need a hardmod to restore my NAND backup but I'd rather make the backup now while everything still works than regret not making it once I possibly fuck things up.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question time! Just got my hands on an O3DS XL with CFW on it (rxTools, sysnand 4.2 and emunand 10.1). However I don't trust myself with not going full retard and accidentally updating my sysnand, so what's the best way to make a NAND backup? I understand I'd need a hardmod to restore my NAND backup but I'd rather make the backup now while everything still works than regret not making it once I possibly fuck things up.
Download Gateway ULTRA (latest version)
Put Launcher.dat in the root of your SD Card
Open your 3DS/2DS internet Browser and go to http://go.gateway-3ds.com/
Hold L to get to the menu if you already have an emunand.
Navigate to "backup system nand" and make your nand backup!!
Then turn off your 3DS and copy your nand.bin from the SD card to somewhere safe on your PC!

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: ric.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru

Drowze

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a couple saves on old SD backup that don't work anymore (I guess that my 3DS changed its encryption on my SD card since I changed its partitions to install emunand on it).
Is there any way to make those saves work again (like decrypting-reencrypting)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU