• Replies 53,785
  • Likes 43

meemai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well... you're able to play any game with the exception of one or two new ones that come with a new protection. And it's your only choice.
For your situation it's a good flashcart. But it's not the best one generally.
Keep in mind as well that you can't safely play online with it since you might get banned. The template Sky3DS uses to run games includes an header (piece of code necessary to play online) but since anyone can use it, Nintendo also knows and can ban you if it detects you online with it. In order to play online safely with Sky3DS, you would need a private header which you can get by extracting it from an original game cartridge. And in your situation, the only way to do it is with a device called powersaves. There's a guide here in the forum on how to do that.

Thanks that keeps me informed. Might as well give up on it then. Assuming I do not go online ninty will never catch me. But I do not like getting banned since I have my wii-u as well on my mii linked and such, same nintendo account. Would suck if I can't play splatoon anymore. I would just play offline games then, but not sure if I can get caught. As for powersaves you mean the datel thing? I have that one.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks that keeps me informed. Might as well give up on it then. Assuming I do not go online ninty will never catch me. But I do not like getting banned since I have my wii-u as well on my mii linked and such, same nintendo account. Would suck if I can't play splatoon anymore. I would just play offline games then, but not sure if I can get caught. As for powersaves you mean the datel thing? I have that one.

Yes, the datel one.
As for the bans, they're usually just temporary. I think the max is 2 weeks.
And it should be fine if you just play offline. The real problem is really going online with a public header since that's a clear red flag for Nintendo.

RegularMoron

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If someone installs a game with *.cia on an emunand, and then plays it.
Where are the saves stored? On the SD Card? In the 3DS Internal memory? 50/50?

stereowax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, total noob question(s). Been out of the loop for a while and I'm looking at getting a N3DS.

I've currently got an O3DS with Gateway and 10.1 EmuNAND. Do I need to find a N3DS on a particular firmware to use Gateway? As far as I can tell I need a <=9.2 N3DS and I need to use the web browser hack to get Gateway to work. Is there a way to flash the system so I don't need to do this every time? Any big drawbacks of upgrading to the N3DS?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If someone installs a game with *.cia on an emunand, and then plays it.
Where are the saves stored? On the SD Card? In the 3DS Internal memory? 50/50?

SD card for 99% of the cases. But it's in encrypted format and inside the 3DS system folder. Only way to manage them is with a save manager (Savedatafiler for example or one of the others)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey guys, total noob question(s). Been out of the loop for a while and I'm looking at getting a N3DS.

I've currently got an O3DS with Gateway and 10.1 EmuNAND. Do I need to find a N3DS on a particular firmware to use Gateway? As far as I can tell I need a <=9.2 N3DS and I need to use the web browser hack to get Gateway to work. Is there a way to flash the system so I don't need to do this every time? Any big drawbacks of upgrading to the N3DS?

N3DS, just like O3DS, needs to be 9.2 or below to be exploited. 99% of the new N3DS you'll find are already above 9.2 so you need to be careful.
And I wouldn't recommend Gateway for you unless you have money to spend. Gateway needs (at least the first time) Cubic Ninja or Zelda: Ocarina of Time to be able to boot with a N3DS. Only after booting the first time is that you can downgrade the Mset component and use the Profile exploit. You can't use the browser exploit with a N3DS.
If you use a CFW instead of GW however, you have more ways to boot that don't rely on CN or OoT anymore and so it makes it easier. Only downsides of CFWs compared to GW is the fact that CFWs don't have region free directly (yet) and they can't use .3ds roms, only .cia format.

a-n00b-dude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got my new3ds majoras mask edition, its on firmware 9.4.0-21u
what is my best bet for playing 3ds roms? is the gateway up to date with this firmware?

SonicRegret

Finis Omnium
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope, you have to be on 9.2 or below to get cfw to run 3ds cias(the proper name), and no, gateway is not up to date with this firmware, still 9.2 and below for now.

Your best bet for playing 3ds roms(.3ds/.3dz for carts) is buying a sky3ds flashcard to play roms.

Last edited by SonicRegret,

isaTiger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My N3DS just arrived. I checked the firmware and it's 9.9 so I guess I have to buy a Sky3ds
Does anyone have a preferred site to buy it from? I checked dwtechz and 3dstown from the reseller list but it seems the bank is denying the payment to go through because of "high risk"

Methsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello! How can i update my emunand on my New3ds to the latest possible? (i believe 9.5)
3DNUS doesnt load the files...
I have Homemenuhax with linked Emunand and Rxtools as CFW.

Should it be unlinked? And where to download the 9.5 FW?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! How can i update my emunand on my New3ds to the latest possible? (i believe 9.5)
3DNUS doesnt load the files...
I have Homemenuhax with linked Emunand and Rxtools as CFW.

Should it be unlinked? And where to download the 9.5 FW?
The update files are on "some iso site."

I would recommend unlinking NANDs as it prevents some issues after installing cias (namely the unwrapping bug).

mc-kiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have a n3dsxl 9.0 with Gateway and i also own cubic ninja

I wanna keep using Gateway but i also dont wanna go to settings>profile> other settings everytime i open my 3ds to use Gateway

Do i have to use a cfw to have a more convenient solution ? Is Gateway useless now ? I paid 70 euros for this so i wanna use it >_>
Can cfw help the Gateway card in a way ?

maczilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
can downgrading mset potentially brick? in the rx tools folder, I dont have any batch file to download the mset bin for my region, when I load the python file nothing happens after I select my region. using rxtools 2.6

Last edited by maczilla,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a n3dsxl 9.0 with Gateway and i also own cubic ninja

I wanna keep using Gateway but i also dont wanna go to settings>profile> other settings everytime i open my 3ds to use Gateway

Do i have to use a cfw to have a more convenient solution ? Is Gateway useless now ? I paid 70 euros for this so i wanna use it >_>
Can cfw help the Gateway card in a way ?
MSET is still the most convenient way to launch Gateway for the time being. Currently only CFWs make use of Themehax for launching from cold-boot.

In the scene's current state, the only reason to use Gateway is if you like the cart.

Reisyukaku said a while ago that he might add the ability for ReiNAND to read from the Gateway cart, but only if it wouldn't interfere with playing retail carts. I don't know if he still plans on doing this.

can downgrading mset potentially brick? in the rx tools folder, I dont have any batch file to download the mset bin for my region, when I load the python file nothing happens after I select my region. using rxtools 2.6
Downgrading MSET should be safe as long as you grab a valid MSET file for your region. The python script that downloads the MSET downgrade packs will not work as Nintendo took the old firmware versions down from their CDN and the script relied on Nintendo's CDN. You'll need to grab the MSET file from "some iso site."

mc-kiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
MSET is still the most convenient way to launch Gateway for the time being. Currently only CFWs make use of Themehax for launching from cold-boot.

In the scene's current state, the only reason to use Gateway is if you like the cart

Mset is the method of going to settings> profile> other settings ?

Honestly since i have a Gateway card might aswell use it then i heard cfw dont have Region free either

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mset is the method of going to settings> profile> other settings ?

Honestly since i have a Gateway card might aswell use it then i heard cfw dont have Region free either
Yes, MSET is the method of launching through the DS profile settings.

For region free on CFW you can use Free Multi Patcher, which will allow you to run out of region games. I also have a Gateway, but I've since switched over to pure CFW just because I find it more convenient overall. Once I heard cold-boot CFW had arrived, it sealed the deal. No need to insert the red cart every time you want to boot into CFW is a big plus too.

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please compile these files so I can have a better icon and banner. Tried myself, but it's a bit beyond me right now.

It's for Prboom

Attachments

• HELPME.rar
    608 KB · Views: 101

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rxTools has region free, not perfect but it is there.
Try NTR or latest Nightly of rxtools, but NTR for sure on old and new.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Only for O3DS though.
Try NTR or latest Nightly of rxtools, but NTR for sure on old and new. freemultipatcher.cia b6 will also spoof eshop and does region free.

Last edited by Ripper00420,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1