• Replies 53,771
  • Likes 43

johndpoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I've seen in a few places the warning to NOT get into the management data menu from SysNAND, as it would cause to loose all the cias installed in emunand.
Can you get into the management data menu in Emunand though? Otherwise, how do you delete old savegames after you delete a game?
Thanks!

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But this is what I'm using.

I don't know why he is telling you that you shouldn't use 2.6 or 3.0 Beta 8, there is nothing wrong with them.

I have been using 2.6 since it came out and is a LOT more stable launching the hack than 2.5.2, 3.0 beta 8 freezes once in a while but other than that works 8/10 times.

They aren't perfect but they are definitely upgrades from previous versions becuase rxTools has never been perfect to begin with and has only gotten better.

I'm even using a 9.2 2DS running the mset exploit by using 3.0 beta 8...

Last edited by Tony_93,

giorgoc89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't know why he is telling you that you shouldn't use 2.6 or 3.0 Beta 8, there is nothing wrong with them.

I have been using 2.6 since it came out and is a LOT more stable launching the hack than 2.5.2, 3.0 beta 8 freezes once in a while but other than that works 8/10 times.

They aren't perfect but they are definitely upgrades from previous versions becuase rxTools has never been perfect to begin with and has only gotten better.

Its been stable to me as well so far. I'm still wondering why it says RX-E instead of RX3D though.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I need some help. So I have a game cartridge of Super Mario 3d Land, and it is in a bad condition. I copied the rom with Gateway and the save. Then I converted the rom to CIA and installed it. Now if it would be possible I would like to use the save on the CIA version. Thanks

You need to insert your cartridge & use SaveDataFiler to extract the game save while you're using whichever cfw you've chosen.
Then inject that extracted save to SD.

Hi,

I've seen in a few places the warning to NOT get into the management data menu from SysNAND, as it would cause to loose all the cias installed in emunand.
Can you get into the management data menu in Emunand though? Otherwise, how do you delete old savegames after you delete a game?
Thanks!

If you've unlinked your nands, then you can go into the Data Management menu without issues.

Reactions: Philip3ds

johndpoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to insert your cartridge & use SaveDataFiler to extract the game save while you're using whichever cfw you've chosen.

If you've unlinked your nands, then you can go into the Data Management menu without issues.

Thanks for the response. Then to remove the savegames of games played in emunand you get into the data mangement in emunand, and the same for sysnand?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response. Then to remove the savegames of games played in emunand you get into the data mangement in emunand, and the same for sysnand?

Right, if you've installed games to either Sys or Emu, you can use SaveDataManager to extract the save & inject it back to SD (for cia) or CTR (for cartridge).
Or if you're looking to just remove the save, whenever you uninstall a game, its save will be wiped as well.

Philip3ds

Trophies
XP
Country

Yes. Thanks very much it works.:yaynds:

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I'm saying that because there's no reason to not use the latest nightly. It's completely stable on the O3DS and it's also stable on the N3DS (it just lacks some features). And it has plenty of fixes and improvements over the older versions. That's why if you go to the rxTools thread, you'll see that the latest nightly is the recommended version to be used.

giorgoc89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm saying that because there's no reason to not use the latest nightly. It's completely stable on the O3DS and it's also stable on the N3DS (it just lacks some features). And it has plenty of fixes and improvements over the older versions. That's why if you go to the rxTools thread, you'll see that the latest nightly is the recommended version to be used.
I'm so confused. This is the latest nightly. I downloaded it straight from the guide / rxTools thread and the filename implies that it is in fact the latest nightly. Which version should I use so it shows RX3D and I'll feel more safe to update the emuNAND?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm so confused. This is the latest nightly. I downloaded it straight from the guide / rxTools thread and the filename implies that it is in fact the latest nightly. Which version should I use so it shows RX3D and I'll feel more safe to update the emuNAND?

First of all, to make it easier for you, you can set one theme in sysnand and then a different theme in emunand. That way you'll always know which is one and which is the other even without checking the settings.
Aside from that, you have the option to boot into emunand and the option to boot into sysnand clearly stated in the rxTools options so you just have to make sure to press the correct one.
And finally, once inside the system settings, make sure to check what it says on the version. If you want to be sure which version name appears for sure with the latest nightly when you're inside emunand, ask in the rxTools thread. I would try to tell you but right now I don't have my console to check so it's better if you ask there.

giorgoc89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
First of all, to make it easier for you, you can set one theme in sysnand and then a different theme in emunand. That way you'll always know which is one and which is the other even without checking the settings.
Aside from that, you have the option to boot into emunand and the option to boot into sysnand clearly stated in the rxTools options so you just have to make sure to press the correct one.
And finally, once inside the system settings, make sure to check what it says on the version. If you want to be sure which version name appears for sure with the latest nightly when you're inside emunand, ask in the rxTools thread. I would try to tell you but right now I don't have my console to check so it's better if you ask there.
Oh I'm not concerned about that, I know I'm in emuNAND when I am. I use the MSET exploit so when I go to DS Profile I just let it automatically boot to emuNAND without even pressing Y. Then, when I go to System Setting it says RX-E 8.1 etc.

I just worry about updating emuNAND considering it should say RX3D and not RX-E since I'm on the latest nightly. Would it be better if I reverted back to rxTools 2.6?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh I'm not concerned about that, I know I'm in emuNAND when I am. I use the MSET exploit so when I go to DS Profile I just let it automatically boot to emuNAND without even pressing Y. Then, when I go to System Setting it says RX-E 8.1 etc.

I just worry about updating emuNAND considering it should say RX3D and not RX-E since I'm on the latest nightly. Would it be better if I reverted back to rxTools 2.6?

Like I said, I'm not sure what is supposed to say exactly since I don't remember and I can't even check right now. It might simply be some rxTools file on your SD card that isn't updated for some reason and makes it appear like that. That's why I told you to ask first in rxTools thread.
There shouldn't be any reason to go back to 2.6 and I didn't really see anyone complaining about the latest nightly with that reason aside from you. And there has been people updating the emunand firmware already while using it. So it's better to just ask first there so that you know for sure what might be wrong with it.

Virosa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i can't get my gateway to work anymore, its still the same unresolved issue i posted months ago;

https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-9-2-exploit-freezing-after-nand-backup.392276/page-2

Basically after the exploit load and the screen flash rainbow pixel and turn black, normally it would boot into Gateway mode or the menu if i hold L. But instead it just freeze there forever. I now got new SD cards, new SD card reader and i tried like 5 different sd card formatters, all suggested + some i found elsewhere, same issue. I tried different Gateway version. Its frustrating because i worked once after i transferred everything to a new SD card, then never again.

Would it be possible to get some help with this? It would be very appreciated.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i can't get my gateway to work anymore, its still the same unresolved issue i posted months ago;

https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-9-2-exploit-freezing-after-nand-backup.392276/page-2

Basically after the exploit load and the screen flash rainbow pixel and turn black, normally it would boot into Gateway mode or the menu if i hold L. But instead it just freeze there forever. I now got new SD cards, new SD card reader and i tried like 5 different sd card formatters, all suggested + some i found elsewhere, same issue. I tried different Gateway version. Its frustrating because i worked once after i transferred everything to a new SD card, then never again.

I'm not qualified to say anything, but I feel like it's something to do with Emunand.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What firmware version are you using?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

First i'd verify that your SD isn't fake.
Download & run H2testw > Write / Verify all available space > sit back and wait.

If it finishes without problems i'd try formatting the mSD with the 3DS > placing the launcher.dat in the root of the SD for whichever Gateway version you're using > try again.

CroCop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Need some help..
I own a

Old 3DS Ver 4.3.0-10E
New 3DS XL Ver 9.2.0-20E
and
Sky3DS+Gateway+DSTWO+Cubic Ninja and Ocarina of Time as real Cards.

What are my best option to go, if I want to play 3DS/3DZ, Homebrew/Emulators(GB(c),GBA,NES,SNES..., CIA and so on?
Do i need a CFW or can i combine CFW's with my Cards to get something that my flashcards can't do?
Both Nintendo 3DS where bought from a friend with all Cards, so im total new to this

Mubix7

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I have a stupid question. As a gift, I got an Amazon gift card but as it seems it is for the American store and these do not work on the European stores :(

Now I was about to order some 3DS games as these do get shipped to Europe. That is why I wanted to ask if the region-lock bypass is here to stay or just a momentary thing?

I know I cannot ask you guys to look in the future but I just wanted to know if it can get get patched "easily"?

Thanks and kind regards

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a stupid question. As a gift, I got an Amazon gift card but as it seems it is for the American store and these do not work on the European stores :(

Now I was about to order some 3DS games as these do get shipped to Europe. That is why I wanted to ask if the region-lock bypass is here to stay or just a momentary thing?

I know I cannot ask you guys to look in the future but I just wanted to know if it can get get patched "easily"?

Thanks and kind regards

Region lock will stay unless Nintendo patches it and you update your system in the future.

There is been quite a few firmware updates that don't block regionfour/ninjhax, for some reason Ninty has left it on the side, that doesn't they won't fully patch it in the future and if you update in that case you will lose region free.

Your best bet would be to check here on gbatemp everytime a firmware update comes out before updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.